New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Fall Mailer LVI announcement
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got mine today, got my minis with DM14 on Friday and the announcement with my Hyborian War turn. Shocked

Due Date for Strats: Oct. 30
Tourney Date: Nov. 2
Freeze Date: Sep. 21 4 PM
Prize: Rez/Immortality
Format: Win 1 of first 2, Triple Elimination (3rd loss eliminates you) continuing until 1 warrior remains with less than 3 losses.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My stuff is already in. I hope all of my warriors beat the crap out of everyone else. Laughing
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The front page has been updated. Tourney announcement can be found there along with the dates for Tempe.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Madwand wrote:
The front page has been updated. Tourney announcement can be found there along with the dates for Tempe.

Wow, so it has. First time in about a year, huh?

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone excited for the mail-in?

My strategies are in and I'm looking forward to it. I'm running a lean, mean squad of 35 warriors. The breakdown:

- 26 living, 9 dead
- at least one warrior in every class: 1 Primus, 1 Contender, 1 Eligible, 1 ADM, 4 Freshmen, 1 Challenger, 1 Champion, 3 Adepts, 4 Initiates, 5 Apprentices, 4 Rookies, 1 Dead Challenger, 3 Dead Champions, 1 Dead Adept, 1 Dead Initiate, 3 Dead Apprentices
- at least one warrior of each style: 8 AB, 5 SL, 5 ST, 4 TP, 3 BA, 3 LU, 3 WS, 2 PR, 1 PL, 1 PS

My strength is usually in Eligibles, ADM, and Freshmen and this tourney is no different. I have nothing in Primus and have lost faith in my ability to perform well in the basic classes. My sole entry in Contenders is a strong one, but I doubt I can pull off another against-all-odds TC through an army of strong TMM ABs.

Since this is October and the prize for the living tournies is resurrection (or immortality), its hard not to think about your honored dead. My top two candidates for resurrection potions or lucky dead tourney runs are:

in Dead Challengers
He was a parry-lunge with ST=9(1) CN=8 SZ=5 WT=21 WL=21 SP=10 DF=11.
He was ambidextrous, was a genius, was active, could not take a lot of punishment, could not carry a lot of weight, was incredibly quick and elusive, had a Master in initiative, had an Advanced Master in attack, had a Master in parry, had an Advanced Expert in defense, and had a Master in decisiveness.

A pretty neat warrior, cut down in his prime by Chief Illiniwek in the arena. Sadly, he has just tipped over into Dead Challengers at 31 FE, so he probably won't be able to win his way back to life on his own.

in Dead Apprentices
He was a lunger with ST=9(1) CN=6 SZ=9 WT=21 WL=21 SP=10 DF=9.
He was right handed, was a genius, was very active, was slightly uncoordinated, was very frail, could carry very little weight, was incredibly quick and elusive, did good damage, had an Expert in initiative, had an Expert in attack, and had an Expert in defense.

Young, promising, +4 Def, and the recipient of a max damage potion. Sure enough, he promptly died. It is not out of the question that he could win his way back on his own, so he is probably my second choice for resurrection.

Only about a week to get strategies in and three weeks to dream about eternal glory until we are faced with reality in the form of tourney results. Best of luck to all and may your Halloween wishes come true!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh come now OAB-ie-wan it all comes to luck of favorites not your "loss of ability". I came to find out a lot of my TVs, all I can speak to since I've never TC'd, were running close to faves. Like almost all my LU TVs had rhythms of VH or HI OE and VH or HI AL (could be HI/VH to VH/HI), since that's the default way to run a LU 10-10-x, or I happened to use their fave weapon. I don't think any were HI/MO or MO/HI.

All things equal, I'd put you in the high 2nd tier behind the TMM and TUMs (1st tier), that is the de-equalizer! Bang on bro!

That said it seems most of my ADM warriors are Freshman still so looks like this might not be the year to unretired from tourneys. Except I'll likely send some dead aimers (which I guess would still unretired me)!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM and TMM are quite nice guys, but we Consortiumites cannot help ourselves for pulling against them! The gluttons! And it isn't because, well, only because, each of them beat us out in that final chair in Orlando for TC's! Repeat, the gluttons! (But, nice guy gluttons.)

Speaking for all our lot, we like and appreciate OAB's well-rounded (run all styles, all levels) approach to the game and wish him well in TCing. He, too, is a nice guy - for a kid.

As too us, we are all too old to have any) memory of what we sent to the mailer (Ah, but we kept a Excel copy and we are checking it.) A planned mediocre entry, focused for the first time ever, mostly on the dead.
13 live, 17 dead
live - all offensives (AB, BA, LU, SL, ST)
live rather equally dispersed in DM (Rook, Appr Init, Adep, Cham, Chal)
dead - one each style; overloads = 4 AB, 2 BA, 4 ST
dead dispersement - 2 Appr, 5 Init, 2 Adep, 3 Cham, 4 Chal
appx 1/3 of total have reasonable chances to run deep

P.S. (We mentioned the Summer Orlando Face above; surprisingly we are penning this from lovely Boca Raton, FL - both places a little out of sorts for our red-neck bunch)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
TUM and TMM are quite nice guys, but we Consortiumites cannot help ourselves for pulling against them! The gluttons! And it isn't because, well, only because, each of them beat us out in that final chair in Orlando for TC's! Repeat, the gluttons! (But, nice guy gluttons.)

Speaking for all our lot, we like and appreciate OAB's well-rounded (run all styles, all levels) approach to the game and wish him well in TCing. He, too, is a nice guy - for a kid.

As too us, we are all too old to have any) memory of what we sent to the mailer (Ah, but we kept a Excel copy and we are checking it.) A planned mediocre entry, focused for the first time ever, mostly on the dead.
13 live, 17 dead
live - all offensives (AB, BA, LU, SL, ST)
live rather equally dispersed in DM (Rook, Appr Init, Adep, Cham, Chal)
dead - one each style; overloads = 4 AB, 2 BA, 4 ST
dead dispersement - 2 Appr, 5 Init, 2 Adep, 3 Cham, 4 Chal
appx 1/3 of total have reasonable chances to run deep

P.S. (We mentioned the Summer Orlando Face above; surprisingly we are penning this from lovely Boca Raton, FL - both places a little out of sorts for our red-neck bunch)

Going ritzy on us are ya'?

Thomas Jefferson
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal -- I got my mini-overviews over a month ago. As well as with my various team turns. I'm surprised yours were so late.

OAB -- I'm excited about the Fall Mail-In and appreciate your comments (as always).

Consortium -- I'm surprised you called TUM & TMM "gluttons" and OAB a goat (I know, a lame joke about a "kid" ... almost spelled it "lamb", but that would be going way too far!) I would not be surprised if you had some spectacular results this tourney! I've got my eye out to see how Ebony Eye does this time.

Maybe, a returning manager will get his first TV or even a TC! At least I can hope ... until I get the results. I'm not sure if I'm patient enough to wait for the mailing. I may just need to "peek" at the on-line results.

Speaking of on-line results, I'm curious is anyone knows the link for the turn-by-turn results? Has it been posted yet? Or is it posted on Nov 2nd with semi-real-time results? Is there a "most likely" to-be link?

I've entered a total of 10 fighters -- 9 living and one dead.
> AB-1, LU-3, PL-2, SL-1, ST-1, TP-1
> Rookies-2; Apprentices-3; Initiate-1; Adepts-2; ADM-1; Primus-1
> My dead entry is a recently killed PL who happened to be timed just right for Adepts

Best of luck to all, except Longshot who seems to have a bit of an attitude! Laughing

~ Trim
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Trim, you will be at the mercy of Fedex or the USPS as RSI dosen't do Turn by Turn online NL's for MI tourneys.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
Street_Legal -- I got my mini-overviews over a month ago. As well as with my various team turns. I'm surprised yours were so late.

OAB -- I'm excited about the Fall Mail-In and appreciate your comments (as always).

Consortium -- I'm surprised you called TUM & TMM "gluttons" and OAB a goat (I know, a lame joke about a "kid" ... almost spelled it "lamb", but that would be going way too far!) I would not be surprised if you had some spectacular results this tourney! I've got my eye out to see how Ebony Eye does this time.

Maybe, a returning manager will get his first TV or even a TC! At least I can hope ... until I get the results. I'm not sure if I'm patient enough to wait for the mailing. I may just need to "peek" at the on-line results.

Speaking of on-line results, I'm curious is anyone knows the link for the turn-by-turn results? Has it been posted yet? Or is it posted on Nov 2nd with semi-real-time results? Is there a "most likely" to-be link?

I've entered a total of 10 fighters -- 9 living and one dead.
> AB-1, LU-3, PL-2, SL-1, ST-1, TP-1
> Rookies-2; Apprentices-3; Initiate-1; Adepts-2; ADM-1; Primus-1
> My dead entry is a recently killed PL who happened to be timed just right for Adepts

Best of luck to all, except Longshot who seems to have a bit of an attitude! Laughing

~ Trim

What did I do? You all were thinking it anyway. Laughing
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Consortium -- I'm surprised you called TUM & TMM "gluttons" and OAB a goat (I know, a lame joke about a "kid" ... almost spelled it "lamb", but that would be going way too far!) I would not be surprised if you had some spectacular results this tourney! I've got my eye out to see how Ebony Eye does this time"

Ebony Eye's next tournament excursion is Tempe, where she can get the up-close direction she needs. (But thanks for the comments.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I have sent in the biggest tourney in many a year for me. Looking like 31 entrants right now, all basic guys. Mostly SL, PR, and PL with a few AB's and one nice ST too. Sent 10 dead I believe, most from Sunset. Really hoping to get at least one TV to X a style off my list or get a dead guy back at long last. Slim hopes as usual but we will see. Should be a good size package from fedex anyway!

_Buri_
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went pretty light this tourney, I sent 18 dead and only 3 live (Freshman, ADM, Primus). The beauty of that is, I can't possibly lose anyone in this tourney! I'm saving all my live frozen guys for Tempe, which may just be my largest number of entries ever.

One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I came close to adding another 5 warriors (at the Rookie/Apprentices level). Even went so far as to fill out strategies, but I held firm and deposited those strategies in the recycling bin.

Thanks for saying those nice things, Street Legal, but I wasn't really fishing for compliments! I'm a man of numbers and if you look at my track record in basic vs. ADM, the results are clear. 0 finalists in Rookies and Apprentices. 8 and 7 finalists in ADM and Freshmen, respectively. It doesn't take a mathematician to see where my strengths lie!

The tourney is only a week away. I'm getting excited. :)
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic