New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 9/7, 7/9, AB or other
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got the following recently:

8-16-12-4-5-10-15

I'm leaning towards the 9/7 version AB as 9-16-12-9-7-10-21 but also considered going 7/9. What would your preference be? Or am I being blinded by the AB designs and am missing another decent design.

I considered my old school LU/WS design of 12-16-12-10-9-10-15 LU/WS (burning WT to 11). Not likely to go WS as the ST/CN is about 3-4 points shy of what I prefer if I go the 9 WL route. I've run a number of LU with similar designs to 45-55% w/l records.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

8-16-12-4-5-10-15

I'm leaning towards the 9/7 version AB as 9-16-12-9-7-10-21 but also considered going 7/9. What would your preference be? Or am I being blinded by the AB designs and am missing another decent design.

I considered my old school LU/WS design of 12-16-12-10-9-10-15 LU/WS (burning WT to 11). Not likely to go WS as the ST/CN is about 3-4 points shy of what I prefer if I go the 9 WL route. I've run a number of LU with similar designs to 45-55% w/l records.

Well, we don't think you are missing another "decent" design.
We are likely to make this into
8-17-12-5-11-10-21 AB

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd probably go 5 wit as well, slightly different than Consortium.
9-18-12-5-9-10-21
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is going down to a 5 WT really worth the extra CN and/or WL? My original thought was the 7 WT 9 WL version but going the 9 WT 7 WL route gives some extra skills and of course learning ability. It takes it almost to the top of "A lot" of damage as it is. The 7/9 would show if there's any ATT or DEF bonus so it is still in the running, but I'm leaning 9/7 unless the reasoning for the 5 WT designs makes more sense based upon explanation.

The comparisons are:

Damage rating is the same at -G+ for all

9-16-12-9-7-10-21 AB (2/6/10/6/5/7) Most likely VL endurance, 1 CN train to can take Tremendous (39 HP)

9-16-12-7-9-10-21 AB (1/6/9/6/4/8 ) Most likely Poor endurance, 1 CN train to can take Tremendous (39 HP)

9-18-12-5-9-10-21 AB (0/5/8/6/3/7) Should get normal endurance and 1 CN train above Tremendous damage taking (43 HP)

8-17-12-5-11-10-21 AB (0/5/8/6/3/7) Guaranteed normal endurance (and I have received Good endurance at 272 endu points, and this has 275, granted with a higher WL), can take Tremendous damage (41 HP)

Not sure of the reasoning to drop all the way to 5 WT for the endurance, not really an issue with an AB, and ability to take more damage (2 or 4 more HP). You also lose being suited to the SS with Consortium's 8 ST, leaving only FI and DA suited. I would be interested in the reasoning you both have for going down to a 5 WT in trade for these physicals! Idea

I'm sure there are plenty who would suggest DA'ing it, despite the 21 DF, since this is probably one of the worst 21 DF Aimer RUs you can possibly find because of the WT/WL issues. Of course these 2 respondents know I try and run everything. This one replaces my PR, 14(2)-10-13-15-7-12-15; +3 INI -1 RIP Poor/Good, that I gave a chance but at 2-7 he had to go!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Assurnasirbanipal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Is going down to a 5 WT really worth the extra CN and/or WL? My original thought was the 7 WT 9 WL version but going the 9 WT 7 WL route gives some extra skills and of course learning ability. It takes it almost to the top of "A lot" of damage as it is. The 7/9 would show if there's any ATT or DEF bonus so it is still in the running, but I'm leaning 9/7 unless the reasoning for the 5 WT designs makes more sense based upon explanation.

For me, it comes down to the strengths and weaknesses of the warrior. My base design is: 9-16-12-5-9-10-21 AB Those points are non-negotiable on this one for me. I now have 2 more points to add.

I don't have a strong opinion on where to add them.
Str gives encumbrance and the long spear
Con gives hit points
Wit gives skills and the dagger
Will gives everything will gives you

To be honest, I don't want to add to wit because then the warrior only shows +3 defense on the overview as opposed to +4. As you well note, it's not that good a setup. So wit is out for me, because most likely I don't run this unless it is +4 defense. After that, I feel con wins me the most fights in basic.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not gonna learn much at 7 WT , or 5 WT; will barely learn more at 9 WT - not nearly as much as the aimer needs - hence how else can I create wins - ah, thru the CN, and I'd like a little more WL to help "bump". if necessary, and it will probably be worth trying since the skill learns will be skimpy

so why increase WT if it ain't much use we'uns say?
not much other designs gonna work - so gotta aimer it

so we stick with our design
we'uns'd pick that there Assur's as our #2 choice - yup

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

8-16-12-4-5-10-15

What about a tank PS? 11-16-12-9-9-10-17 Normal endurance, still only one CN point away from taking Tremendous amounts of damage, and has at least a 50% chance at GOOD damage, and 24% chance at doing GREAT damage. You know a PS can eke out its endurance quite a bit, and if it can take damage, there it is -- a more offensively-minded TP scum. That's what I think I'd do with it, anyway. And if he ain't workin' out after about five turns, I'd get rid of him. Smile But I think going defensive would work better than an idiot Aimer.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All the options gave me a headache so I went to a 12-sided die.

1-2 --->9/7
3-4 --->7/9
5-6 ---> Assur
7-8 ---> Consortium
9-10 --> Kid Arcane
11-12 -> Hybrid of my 7/9 and the higher CN designs

The Hybrid won out so the hybrid it is! 8-17-12-7-9-10-21. This will show an ATT bonus (starts at 9) and will show a +1/2 DEF (Very Quick) or +3/4 DEF (Incredibly Quick) it starts with 4 DEF.

Why I get a crap AB RU I do not know. I guess the RUGs did not like the Fried Chicken I left at the altar this time. Time to fire my private chef, or go to Popeye's or KFC next time! I have a Dixie that I'm killing off after a 3-1-1 start, 13(1)-10-19-11-9-12-11 BA Poor/Tremendous +2/4 INI. In the 3 fights I went skills it learned 1 DEC. I gave it a shot but since it refuses to learn it has to go! At least it will give me a 60% record if/when it dies in the Dark Arena, isn't that what a Dixie is for? To fight a few fights and get a winning record, and maybe a kill!?! I think I'll go safe and try leaving a bucket of KFC at the RUGs altar this time and see what I get!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What the hell do you do with a guy who can take a Tremendous amount of damage who gives up after 4 regular hits? To the Trustworthy Scribe! SOB I hate this guy already!

I didn't even think 4 regular hits would get him desperate he had armor on damn it! Laughing

I also forgot that I won't see an ATT bonus since it's in the low WT level. Embarassed

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic