New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - FALL MAILER 2013 ***SPOILERS*** (& comments that might h
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please use this topic to comment in any way on the Fall mailer. No comments, or anything that might be close to a spoiler for someone should be in any of the other topics on this RSI site.

THANKS

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't want to spoil anything so if your here your looking to know!

I ran 4 live warriors, well 2 are Immortal, if the fax was legible Laughing

END SPOILERS!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there, was there, actually a Mailer?
Are there no pre spoilers?
Can TMM win 10+ awards?
Will Crip's million dead entries provide one TV?
Is The Consortium passe'?
Will FEDEX results arrive Fri?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Madwand
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some rumours heard on Chatzy. Up to you whether to believe or not.

Largest Class - Rookies
Smallest Class - Eligibles
Shortest - Eligibles
Longest - Rookies, Dead Inits, Dead Champs

Fed Ex going out today with non Fed Exer's mailed on Friday

If you need more you will likely have to wait till Friday.

DM 47 Fast Food
DM 100, 102 and 106 Various Teams
And several 'Blades' Guilds across Alastari.

Scars fade, wounds heal but glory lasts forever!

MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FedEx packages starting to arrive. 1 confirmed delivery and several others on the truck to be delivered in the very near future.

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember that monday is a Veterans Day and no mail delivery.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's up here in Canada as well.
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look at all those spoilers....
MarmaDuke
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok... it's Monday and I feel like enough time has passed where I can divulge some vague spoilers in here..... read down at your own risk:
Someone who has never before TC'd will have a TC in this tournament.

Not all TCs are known at this point.
Deaths occur after round 10.
Stop looking... there's nothing else.....

Deviation, State of Mind, Da Dog Powndaz, Pyromania, Rap Attacks, Slamma Jamma

May your blades always be sharp, and your opponents armor always have rust.....
Hombre
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I think I may have hit my wall with the game. Not that I was highly involved but I played a bit. Seeing my very good, busting out slasher in freshman go 11-3, only to find out RSI had him running Lunge was pretty frustrating (and Dodge in desperation... he's learned ZERO defense so I doubt I had him running dodge). Ran into the typical flood of Aimers, but also noticed the ridiculous percentage of bloodgames warriors running around. Hope the rest of you had fun with your tournies -
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today I got my results and my guys did poorly. However, I can't point to RSI. It was partially due to poor matchups and partly my lack of tourney experience. 5 out of 10 went 0-2 including my well timed dead guy. My best result was a 3-3. This was not my best investment.

Guess I'll focus on basic play and leave tourneys to those with the funds, time, past tourney prizes, and experience to make it work.

Trim
trmweb
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know if there is a soft copy of the 2013 Fall Mail-in Tourney Newsletter?

If so, please post the link. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank,
Trim
Khorvinus
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:
Today I got my results and my guys did poorly. However, I can't point to RSI. It was partially due to poor matchups and partly my lack of tourney experience. 5 out of 10 went 0-2 including my well timed dead guy. My best result was a 3-3. This was not my best investment.

Guess I'll focus on basic play and leave tourneys to those with the funds, time, past tourney prizes, and experience to make it work.

Trim

I would give up based on the results of your first tourney. Im no expert by any means, but ask questions, be a sponge, and apply it to your game. There are plenty of guys here that are more than willing to help you out when it comes to warrior design, and strategy. One of the things that used to make me mad was exactly what you're talking about, and another thing you have to realize is, most of these guys have been playing for nearly 30 years, and have forgotten more than some will ever know. So don't take it personal, just learn, adapt, and dropping some cash on a pile of rollups never hurt either. Good luck buddy.

Khorvinus/Jason

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

trmweb wrote:

Trim

I wouldn't give up based on the results of your first tourney. Im no expert by any means, but ask questions, be a sponge, and apply it to your game. There are plenty of guys here that are more than willing to help you out when it comes to warrior design, and strategy. One of the things that used to make me mad was exactly what you're talking about, and another thing you have to realize is, most of these guys have been playing for nearly 30 years, and have forgotten more than some will ever know. So don't take it personal, just learn, adapt, and dropping some cash on a pile of rollups never hurt either. Good luck buddy.

Khorvinus/Jason

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The results are in. My tourney, by the numbers:

Entrants: 35 (26 living, 9 dead)
Record: 140-94-6-3 (60% w/l)
Awards: 1 TC, 2 RUs, 3 TVs

The TC: Ham Burglar, Bloodgames AB and former ADM TC, finished off his bust from last October's ADM tourney, this time in the Eligibles. Trained DF from 22 to 25 in the lead up to the tourney, then trained his 3 SP and 3 WT during the tourney. Finished up the tourney with 228 total skills. Not an incredible bust, but it got the job done. There is definitely something special about this warrior. Despite have a bad learning curve (he learned the whole 120 to max his Defense), a relatively weak favorite weapon (SH), and quite possibly a bad strategy for the mirror match (using weapons and shields and trying to parry the Fist ABs out), he has looked like a rock star in both his ADM and Eligibles TC runs. The one exception was his fight with Strategery, who ran him over with his LO crits and wouldn't let Ham Burglar touch him. Thank goodness someone else eliminated him in the run-offs!

The living RU: Spare Anchor is usually the bridesmaid in Freshmen. Baked Convincia tried it last tourney and it didn't agree with him. This time it was Surly Deckhand's turn. Surly Deckhand, sponge BA ordinaire, grew up with posters of Sugarbeet on his wall. Probably why he couldn't keep his cool against Mannequin's LU, Confidence; he is in awe of Sugarbeet's manager. Both fights involved a ton of big Great Axe crits, followed by Confidence taking control of the fight and raining Longsword crits on the poor BA until he fell over. So close, yet so far. That makes my warriors 1-7 in Freshmen finals fights, with the only victory being over myself.

The dead RU: Eddy likes to walk the fine line between the living and the dead, apparently. He died early in his career, then went 10-3-1 in the Dead Apprentices. Then he died at 9-3 in the living Initiates tourney. And now he has added a 13-3-1 runner-up in the Dead Adepts to his resume. What will the Champs tourney bring? He is a fine looking tourney ST, who met his match against the PL, After 10 Beers! I'm not really sad to have lost, because someone getting a PL TC is just that cool.

A few disappointments: I tried a Contenders learn-out with my WS, Blind Barber. He learned gateway skills over the Contenders line and went 3-3. Bleh. Similarly, I busted a premium double-21 PR named Second Watch in ADM, only to go 4-3 in that tourney. Well, you know what they say. Something about broken eggs and omelets, I think.

All told, I had an exceptional tourney. I try to send just enough talent each tourney that I think I can compete in a couple finals fights and maybe win one. I think I struck the right balance this time.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tourney. Congrats to all the TCs. Better luck next time to the RUs!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic