New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Possible Return
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Painmaster33
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone, I am debating returning to this game.
I used to play seriously 15 to 20 years ago and did pretty well.
I also played briefly a few years ago with some moderate success but RL came about and I had quit yet again. I do have a few questions though before diving in.
I know about the helpful websites on questions and such but is there anyone out there willing to use some form of chat like Skype/ventrillo ect to discuss things?

Are there many "full" Arenas left? I really don't wish to join again and be put in an arena with say only 4 or 5 active teams.

Does anyone have any rollups not in use or is my best option to call rsi and order a few?

Anyway thanks for your time and im sure more questions will be forthcoming.
Terminator
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Painmaster33 wrote:
Are there many "full" Arenas left? I really don't wish to join again and be put in an arena with say only 4 or 5 active teams.

I am not overly familiar with all the arenas, but to my knowledge Sunset (21) and Shadowspire (81) are the biggest arenas around now a days with between 20-25 teams consistently. Sunset is a normal arena and Shadowspire is a non-tourney throw back arena which I participate in and can attest to the fact that it is a lot of fun. Whatever you choose, welcome back and have fun!

Vanek, Manager of the Warmasters (DM-81)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Painmaster33 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am debating returning to this game.
I used to play seriously 15 to 20 years ago and did pretty well.
I also played briefly a few years ago with some moderate success but RL came about and I had quit yet again. I do have a few questions though before diving in.
I know about the helpful websites on questions and such but is there anyone out there willing to use some form of chat like Skype/ventrillo ect to discuss things?

Does anyone have any rollups not in use or is my best option to call rsi and order a few?

Anyway thanks for your time and im sure more questions will be forthcoming.

Some quick advice on these topics.

arena choice - check Terrablood or this site and look at each arena and you can see the size and number of participants, and then choose.

there is a chatzy site; I do not have the address in hand; search on this RSI site for that address and then tap in and talk

buying a few rollups from RSI may be the best option, although some of us do provide reasonable rollup teams to newbies; just happens, we Consortiumites gave our last two away, and will not "refill" until the FTF in a couple of weeks

WELCOME BACK!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a Chatzy room where players gather to discuss roll-ups, strategy, and other stuff.

http://www.chatzy.com/42003746228981

The password is the name of arena 1, all in lower case.

We look forward to seeing you there!
york
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are still looking for some RU's, shoot me a PM here with an address, I'll weed thru my stack and send you 4 or 5 decent ones.

York, AKA Tolbin

Think 21 and 32, and Welcome Back !
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A few options for active arenas:

Specialty Arenas
DM-81: An old-school arena where tournament play and prizes are prohibited. 18 active teams (21 listed in the newsletter)

Regular Arenas
DM-21: 15 active teams (23 listed in the newsletter)
DM-32: 14 active teams (23 listed in the newsletter)

Slow Arenas
DM-31: 13 active teams (18 listed in the newsletter), custom spy report
DM-47: 28 active teams (32 listed in the newsletter), home of the Turf War, a recurring contest that is about to start up again
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. I did the same thing back in 2012. It is good to be back in the game.

Arenas: I am being biased about this, but I suggest coming to Arkers (DM-Cool. They could use the teams. I know there are eleven teams listed, but the arena seems to be a way station for managers who just pop in for a turn or two and then leave. We have had two new teams show up in the arena and stick around. They seem to enjoy it. As a matter of fact, one of the team's manager got his first two invites to the Isle on the same turn.
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back. Arenas 21 and 32 are my suggestions. As Consortium suggested, go to the arenas and old arenas sections on this forum to check out the different arenas before you make your choice.

Several managers would be more than happy to pass along some decent team sheets. That may be your fastest way to get some. Do not use the CSR link here as no one seems to be managing it. Try emailing the ladies at:

Lee@reality.com
Sandy@reality.com

They can send you team sheets and a copy of your minis.

Definitely check out the Chatzy link OAB provided, almost anytime of day you can find someone there eager to lend an ear...er a an eye? What ever, come on over and get chatzy in our house.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Painmaster33
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey thanks much for the warm welcome guys/gals. I had a team going before I requested copies of their sheets ill go from there. Gonna order probably 2-3 rollups too then decide what my plans will be.

again thanks alot
Painmaster33
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok well after Wracking my Brain I finally figured out wich arena I was in and it was DM11 and it was 10 years ago holy crap how time flies. I was House of Pain there anyway ill be starting fresh in a Arena near you thanks again
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Painmaster33 wrote:
Ok well after Wracking my Brain I finally figured out wich arena I was in and it was DM11 and it was 10 years ago holy crap how time flies. I was House of Pain there anyway ill be starting fresh in a Arena near you thanks again

And give up Aruak City, The Heart & Soul Of Andoria?! Surely not!We would like to invite you to retain and activate the team there.
There are some fine managers in DM11 and, as an Andorian bastion, it is steeped in friendliness, helpfulness, and strong ethics. Newbies (and returning semi-newbies) are most welcome. Two of the winningest teams in all D2 are there - Bulldogs and Animal Farm - and both Kennelworth and Mino are "good guys" and will help you in any way possible. They mentor many of the new folk coming into the game through Noblish Isle (DM93) and some have decided to reside in Aruak City. The 'bad boys" there are Colorific, managed by Purple People Eater, and even they, whether they like it or not, live by the Andorian code of ethics. If you enjoy personals and reading DM Columns and occasional spotlights, and maybe even a little role playig, this is the place to be.

D2 (DM to us old timers) is a much friendlier and less cutthroat game than it was 10-20 years ago. Most of the managers know each other through meeting at many FTFs over the years, the Chatzy, etc, and many interact together in other games. We are all helpful, and do not gang up on returnees/newbies, rather trying to help them enjoy the game and be amongst our community for a long, long time.

We Consortiumites would like to think we are welcoming you home to Aruak City and all D2. Salute.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the double post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ad is brought to you by the Aruak City Forever Committee.

Painmaster33
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got all my teams sent to me from sandy today man I had several. Have 2 in ADM as well that I had forgot about lolz its been so long. Im probably going to start from scratch as none of the warriors really look all that great to me I think my best one is on my most recent team she 8-4 with 18fe did ok in a tournament I believe and has a 21 wit but im feeling more compelled to restart fresh and try nad meet some ppl who want to help me. Anyway thanks for the intrest in my return ill see some of you soon Smile
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back to the game.

In addition to whatever other aid you get, post questions here and send messages to people on this site. Just about everyone will be happy to help out.

And give Sunset a shot - it is truly the best arena in the game. Shadowspire is also good, but only if you want the old school, no-tournament experience.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Painmaster33 wrote:

That seems like it was around the time when the "Aruak Invasion" occurred! There was a max of 70 teams at it's height. It lasted about a year for the most part but maybe only 5-6 turns at 50+ teams....

Anyways welcome back and email Lee or Sandy @reality.com and they can get your info. Old account and all teams you ran. I was shocked in 2001 when I came back they had my old teams from 1985 still let alone my home arena of Tobir arena 14! Trying to build it but can't advise it as a "Good sized" arena... still trying but I keep it alive as best I can.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic