New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Sunset Turn 742
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got busy with work and forgot to do PAs.....again....sorry.

Prepare thy selves for the arrivals of the Boys Twisted Evil

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, that's a sad first for Sunset (in a long while, anyway), no ads whatsoever! Embarassed Crying or Very sad We all need to contribute a bit more in the future, gentlemen! We did get a DM column, however. Wonder it didn't get edited by RSI! Or maybe it did! Shocked

Another nice 1-4-0-2 for me with 2 more DA's. Villainous was actually a nice low-WL PR setup but I just cannot seem to make them work anymore...depressing! Had a much nicer one die in the tourney...more depression. I now have a full stable of dead PRs just from here, hoping to come back one day, some day.....probably never. And PR is the only style I have left to complete my second RR. @%^!$!!

Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2-1 for the Tribe.
Not bad.
I'm not sure how to take the Itsy-Botsy Giant's win in the Dark Arena. Killing the Shewish Giant is fairly impressive. Do I keep him or say "do it again?" It doesn't help that he has a stupid name. I wonder who the idiot was that came up with that one . . . .
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
3-2-1 for the Tribe.
Not bad.
I'm not sure how to take the Itsy-Botsy Giant's win in the Dark Arena. Killing the Shewish Giant is fairly impressive. Do I keep him or say "do it again?" It doesn't help that he has a stupid name. I wonder who the idiot was that came up with that one . . . .

As always I advocate that Dark Arena winners be run to death or graduation. But that is just my personal policy.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3-2-1 for D.R.I.
I had a good turn against the Cereal Killers. Joe Mama handed General Kills his first loss. About time, his record was becoming too gaudy. Attila the Bum challenged and killed Shredded Knees.

I had an 11 wit guy learn 5 skills, quite the bonus. -10 attack cruised his way to another loss. He's going to get lucky sometime and scum his way to a victory. Socrates of Shred is becoming awfully close to a night fight.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ragnarokwolf wrote:
3-2-1 for D.R.I.
I had a good turn against the Cereal Killers. Joe Mama handed General Kills his first loss. About time, his record was becoming too gaudy. Attila the Bum challenged and killed Shredded Knees.

I had an 11 wit guy learn 5 skills, quite the bonus. -10 attack cruised his way to another loss. He's going to get lucky sometime and scum his way to a victory. Socrates of Shred is becoming awfully close to a night fight.

Not sure exactly what he looks like but I had a guy start -13 ATT and -10 DEF. I plated him up and ran dodge tactic with FIst. He was a 14-19-20-4-14-9-4 AB. He would dodge nearly half the attacks against him even up to his death, with a 24-36-0 record, where he had -7 DEF. Maybe go open handed (no off-hand either) and dodge and see if he can win a fight or 2! Hope, if you try it, that this helps! Smile

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What's really sad about the situation is that my guy who beat him this turn barely won. And was not training skills.... Embarassed Mad

ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Street_Legal"]
ragnarokwolf wrote:

Not sure exactly what he looks like but I had a guy start -13 ATT and -10 DEF. I plated him up and ran dodge tactic with FIst. He was a 14-19-20-4-14-9-4 AB. He would dodge nearly half the attacks against him even up to his death, with a 24-36-0 record, where he had -7 DEF. Maybe go open handed (no off-hand either) and dodge and see if he can win a fight or 2! Hope, if you try it, that this helps! Smile

-10 attack started: 3-19-14-5-21-18-4. So unfortunately he can't last too long armored up. One more speed train and he'll be a trip 21 AB in basic though!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 2-3 was eh. The overviews came back eh. One is going back to the recycle bin. My two older guys are both looking like keepers. Build A Bard is still swinging back and forth in success, hope to ride the up swing through next turn.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="ragnarokwolf"]
Street_Legal wrote:
ragnarokwolf wrote:

-10 attack started: 3-19-14-5-21-18-4. So unfortunately he can't last too long armored up. One more speed train and he'll be a trip 21 AB in basic though!

My guy lasted 72 minutes once, wearing ASM/H, but not dodge tactic since I challenged a TP, and he won. You have a pretty decent amount of endu but probably cannot carry APM+ but I might try giving him ARM/F and going Fist/Dodge tactic. Just a suggestion. Considering he won't graduate anytime soon you'll have plenty of time to experiment.

Thomas Jefferson
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Nomad wrote:
3-2-1 for the Tribe.
Not bad.

As always I advocate that Dark Arena winners be run to death or graduation. But that is just my personal policy.

Yeah, that has always been my position as well. I'm less annoyed by the Giants stats than his name. But he will get another chance to live.

So, what is the benefit of running a low deftness -10 attack AB? Just to try it? Or is there some sort of long term benefit? I think people once thought you could end up with extra skills in Primus some day, but I thought that was debunked. So, why put yourself through it?
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nomad wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Nomad wrote:
3-2-1 for the Tribe.
Not bad.

Yeah, that has always been my position as well. I'm less annoyed by the Giants stats than his name. But he will get another chance to live.

So, what is the benefit of running a low deftness -10 attack AB? Just to try it? Or is there some sort of long term benefit? I think people once thought you could end up with extra skills in Primus some day, but I thought that was debunked. So, why put yourself through it?

I think it would be "out of bounds" until Primus where you lose those extra 5 Primus skills. So I think it would learn 26 ATT skills to Expert but then you lose the 5 ATT skills in Primus making this guy +1 ATT guaranteed. My broken AB started -13 ATT and -10 DEF so it would learn 29 ATT and 26 DEF so until Primus it would be +9 ATT and +6 DEF. When it hit Primus it would end up +4 ATT and +1 DEF. So to make an "out of bounds" warrior after the Primus skills it would have to start -14 in a skill area and it would be +5 afterwards.

Of course I'm not sure about that.

Thomas Jefferson
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Nomad wrote:
3-2-1 for the Tribe.
Not bad.

I think it would be "out of bounds" until Primus where you lose those extra 5 Primus skills. So I think it would learn 26 ATT skills to Expert but then you lose the 5 ATT skills in Primus making this guy +1 ATT guaranteed. My broken AB started -13 ATT and -10 DEF so it would learn 29 ATT and 26 DEF so until Primus it would be +9 ATT and +6 DEF. When it hit Primus it would end up +4 ATT and +1 DEF. So to make an "out of bounds" warrior after the Primus skills it would have to start -14 in a skill area and it would be +5 afterwards.

Of course I'm not sure about that.

Ok, but I'm till left wondering, "So what?"
Even at +9 attack, since in ADM class determination is by total skills, so you don't get classed lower than you otherwise would, do you? And your starting skill levels are so bad that being +9 doesn't create any imbalance, right? To actually get benefit from the extra skills would only come once you have overcome the bad start with massive stat trains. That probably takes until Primus. But that is when you lose the bonus. So where is the benefit?
And the small guaranteed bonus you get isn't worth the years of suffering. Am I missing something?
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get your ads in TONIGHT!! Just did mine. Heh...

gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stik wrote:
Get your ads in TONIGHT!! Just did mine. Heh...

Shocked

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic