New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
Overall: 22258

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Anyone else play both DM and "Pit of War"?
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lugal wrote:

Not only are you a shill, you're a troll, but I'll play a little further.

See, I wasn't even bothered by your first post, criticism or not. What bugs me is when people told you "We like DM. Please go enjoy PoW.", you kept on. Whether paid or not, a shill is a shill. And you indeed wreak of it.

One last thing, you must have been playing since Day 1 of DM, because I've got a three digit account, and I don't remember a time that RSI didn't have control codes on their roll-ups. If another old-timer chimes in and says it's true, I'll believe it. Until then, the assertion of duplicate roll up cheating is bogus.

I didn't know it was possible to be a troll on your own thread. Sad

Dude, I'm not antagonizing anyone. I'm just responding to the comments made on this thread...and yes, a few have gotten a bit huffy towards me about something or other, but most of that was based on mis-understandings and I was giving those voices the respect of taking the time to clear those out.

If I'm a shill, it's for the genre since I've been equally promoting of DM and PoW and any other viable game of this genre. Like I mentioned - the thread didn't start that way, but I had a change of heart and decided to promote the genre and every game that was viable in it. Especially since it's not like you can't play more than one of them at a time - which I do.

As for the roll-up cheat - the control codes on the roll-ups don't stop the cheat because you actually have a legitimate official roll-up with valid codes that you're sending in. But, why should you believe me Smile If you think that one is bad, there's more that used to go on during conventions that were much worse...

Last edited by Adoede on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gunsmith wrote:
I would suggest playing POW,i heard it was just the greatest game on the planet.i bet you would be great at it.DII is boring anyway,who wants to wait 2 weeks for turns.

I already do play PoW and do enjoy the end-game there - and I'm starting up with Deathpit too. The question is whether I'll re-invest in a new team in DM or keep to tourney play for now. I'm leaning towards the latter since no online version is pending.

Best of luck to you in the arena!
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It just hit me. You are Lugal_gg. You showed up last year with this same nonsense. Even the part telling everyone about Pit of War.

http://www.reality.com/dm/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6110&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30&sid=1f57a0ba4e8a1d3cc95e32c57f1892f6
Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
It just hit me. You are Lugal_gg. You showed up last year with this same nonsense. Even the part telling everyone about Pit of War.

http://www.reality.com/dm/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6110&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30&sid=1f57a0ba4e8a1d3cc95e32c57f1892f6

eh? Wasn't me. I just started picking up these games again a few months ago...though that 21 wit, 21 will, 21 deft aimer sounds like fun - and a sure death-target.
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're done, dude. Good bye.
Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

By the way, Longshot, next time someone brings up online DM, you should just point them to that thread. It actually explains why the online option isn't viable as a business model for RSI (something about other PBM games that went the online route going out of business while RSI survived). Now that's an explanation that makes sense. It would have saved us all a lot of needless back and forth if someone would have just explained that.
Den
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adoede wrote:

My favorite was sitting on the throne poring over every detail in the newsletter trying to decipher which glads were of what style so I could plan my challenges accordingly. I think in the early days, I spent more money on DM some months than I did on my girlfriend...yes, pretty sad, I know. A few years later, I had effectively replaced all the clothes in my dresser drawers with piles of fight data instead.

Wait, do you want us to actually believe you had a girlfriend???? Seriously?!?! My assumption is that the poor girl; who was obviously tricked into spending time with you, grew extremely weary of you telling her that her hair should be down, but maybe not down that much, and maybe a little off to the side, but put it back up as that is what you really like, after all you are not trying to change her, just make suggestions on what could make her better. Let me guess, your drawers are not only still filled solely with fight data but also with tear stained tissues.

Pit of War beckons....better run off to it.
Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Den,

I honestly don't know why some people here keep saying I'm trying to change DM and push that change through despite others' protests. Nothing in my post is about making any changes at all to DM. If anything, I pointed out how PoW could use some changes in the basic game to be more like DM. Indeed, most others who tried PoW here agreed with my critiques of it.

I did have another post where I asked about an online version of DM and eventually someone said that for whatever reason it wasn't going to happen. That was the end of that matter for me. So I don't know why some people here keep insisting that I'm trying to change the game they love on a thread where I never say anything of the sort.

Am I promoting PoW? Sure. I happen to enjoy it along with DM - even though its got some weaknesses - as does DM. There's no reason someone can't enjoy both - or any other game for that matter. I figured there might be others like me who would appreciate knowing about another game like DM that they could play while waiting for their DM turns or if they wanted a faster turnaround or even for variety's sake. And if someone knows of a better game to try, I'd love to hear about it. I'm a fan of the genre, as I've said many times in this thread.

Once again, I'll humbly ask that discussion on this thread be kept respectful - it just makes for a better forum environment for everybody.

Last edited by Adoede on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Duel II Theatre. In cooperation with Reality Simulations, Inc., proudly presents Death of a Shill!

Death of a Shill is a 2014 play written by American playwright arena manager nad playwright, Longshot. It was the recipient of the 2014 Paluka Prize for Drama and Jabrony Award for best trash talking. It also received the prestigious Howard Stern F-Emmy. The play premiered off, off, off, off, off, off, down the street and around the corner from Broadway in August 2014.

Reviews for Death of a Shill :

“Why would you come to a site that has nothing to do with your game and talk about how great your game is if you weren't trying to get new players?”

“He claims he doesn’t like waiting for turns every two weeks, but he only plays in tourneys that happen every six months. What?”

“He doesn’t want to change the girl. But he keeps talking about how RSI should change the game. Does he even know what he is saying?”

"Isn't he really Lugal_gg?"

“He had a girlfriend? Get the f*ck out of here.”

“Why doesn’t he just shut up already?”

Caesar Commodus gives Death of a Shill his thumbs up! And if no one follows suit, they’ll lose theirs!

Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You certainly have style, Longshot. I'll give you that. I wish you'd put that same effort into listening to understand rather than listening to criticize. Especially if you aspire to be an ambassador for DM. In particular, the personal insults don't reflect your best - and you're obviously intelligent and witty enough to not need to do that.

I'm sure I'm not the only old-timer who runs most of his glads tourney only these days. The point about losing interest in the 2 week turnaround was that I started turning to other online games like Pit of War for their faster turnaround instead. A big part of what I was looking for when I got back into these games was stress-relief and the 2 week wait wasn't doing it for me. Tourneys keep me connected to my DM roots and superior gameplay/nostalgia. But these days my regular gaming is on Pit of War for the daily stress relief. That's why I keep saying I love them both.

Now can we put an end to the conspiracy theories and villifying and get back to the topic of the thread?
Longshot
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean the part where everyone says they don't want it and for you to go away?

All we need is for you to hold up your part. Wink
gentleben
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Longshot wrote:
You mean the part where everyone says they don't want it and for you to go away?

All we need is for you to hold up your part. Wink

What I think most of us would like is for Adoede to run warriors in the arena. Most of us have tried on line games hoping for some thing that is similar to Duelmasters. Pit of War is not it for most of us. We are glad that you enjoy it. We don't enjoy hearing about it as most of us have tried it. There was an Arena of Goran that was pretty decent but yet also fell short of being Duelmasters.

Adoede, IF, and I repeat IF, you ever get a game online that is good enough to hold a candle to duelmasters let us know. But please let the Pit of War conversation stop.

Secret Squirrels-32
He Be GBs-33
Time Stallyans-45
Pawn of Prophecy-47
Primal Instinct-81
Misfit Managers-1,2,3,4,18,25,29
Adoede
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Gentleben,

Thanks for that reasonable request. I actually thought PoW was it - at least once you got to the end-game. I thought I was doing everyone a favor sharing about it here one DMer to the next. I was actually really excited about it. Whatevs. Once this season of intense deadlines is over, perhaps I will fire it up again in the arena (another 2 years at least)

I'll tell you what. If no one else is interested in the topic of this thread, just let it pass on without commenting on it and I'll do the same. I'll even try to overlook comments that are not related to the topic. But if someone is genuinely interested and chimes in, I'll respond.

So from now on, for all our sakes, please only genuinely interested people respond to the thread. Thanks.
KidArcane
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Been gone from the game for about six months or so. Same for forums. Back this mid-August. I've followed this thread for a while. Redundant, but amusing.

Longshot, haven't you learned that publicity and controversy are food and drink to politicians and salesmen? Rolling Eyes

One of the very first things a middle school teacher learns is this: DON'T let yourself get drawn into any kind of an argument with a student. The argument (and all the social status-boosting that goes with it) is probably more important to the kid than the subject matter! Make your point, then let it go. If the kid wants to keep going, deflect them. If that doesn't work, go to plan B. If necessary, C. Just don't return to the argument. Consider that horse dead and unfit for consumption! Cool

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KidArcane wrote:
Been gone from the game for about six months or so. Same for forums. Back this mid-August. I've followed this thread for a while. Redundant, but amusing.

Longshot, haven't you learned that publicity and controversy are food and drink to politicians and salesmen? Rolling Eyes

One of the very first things a middle school teacher learns is this: DON'T let yourself get drawn into any kind of an argument with a student. The argument (and all the social status-boosting that goes with it) is probably more important to the kid than the subject matter! Make your point, then let it go. If the kid wants to keep going, deflect them. If that doesn't work, go to plan B. If necessary, C. Just don't return to the argument. Consider that horse dead and unfit for consumption! Cool

But...but...I was having fun making the shill frustrated. Embarassed
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic