New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Chimlevtal managers in the know...
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Well, you now see what I've dealt with for the better part of 5 years in Chimlevtal.

Five years?! That rivalry MUST be older than that. I figure it's at least 8+.

p.s. I wasn't agreeing with Master Darque's overall statement as I like all parties involved.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Darque wrote:
Well, you now see what I've dealt with for the better part of 5 years in Chimlevtal.

p.s. I wasn't agreeing with Master Darque's overall statement as I like all parties involved.

Nearly 11 years now! Cool

Good hunting,

The Icelord
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
illkidk wrote:
Darque wrote:

Nearly 11 years now! Cool

Good hunting,

The Icelord

Dayum! That's some old school beef right there!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dayum! That's some old school beef right there![/quote]

kind of gives new meaning to "stubborn" or "no compromise."
Twisted Evil
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I only said 5 years because I was on and off in my playing during college. Been consistent the last 5 years.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
I only said 5 years because I was on and off in my playing during college. Been consistent the last 5 years.

Are you active in all those arenas you have listed?

The Icelord
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:
I have just exercised my option to bring teams from dead arenas into active ones. Just Desserts and All Night Long are both mine, and my intention is to make the COL feel a bit of pain for their recent ridiculing of me, and in general for their years of what I consider less-than-noble ways. If you care to thnk of me as an honorary member of your group that's fine. Also, I'll defer and share with you my intended challenges against them each turn so you can best co-ordinate your efforts if you'd like. If you wish neither of those, that's cool too - just consider me a manager with parallel wants as yours!

Happy hunting!!

Marty

Marty,
Any "recent ridiculing" of you was earned by your dishonorable actions in Arvat and your taunting of Bosk in Chimlevtal. That is the response that you got for your misdeeds. You can put any spin on it you want and you can tell your friends some crock story that we (particularly me) are "bad guys" and "down-challengers" etc, but the fact is you stabbed Bosk and flamed him and now you don't like being held accountable for your actions. I realize this is 05 in America but you sometimes have to be held accountable for your actions. You can never comment on "less-than-noble-ways" since you have no honor. To do so would be like Bill Clinton commenting of how important wedding vows are.
You should of thought long and hard before you took your cowardly actions. Don't make this out that you are a victim. One of my goals when I returned to Arvat was to tweak you and force you to return to Arvat for the rest of 05 and to make this conflict spill over into Chimlevtal. (dusting off hands) goal accomplished.
That you started a thread about Chimlevtal getting our long time foes to help you out is funny.
Just to help you out:

The active COL in Chimlevtal: High Lord Bosk, RTR and myself.

active VC in Chimlevtal: Fizban, Master Darque, Sensei Jan & Firehawk.

Your teams helping the VC: Numbers Game, Just Desserts & All Night Long.

Do you have any other buddies coming in? Let us know. Whats the fun in hiding your identity?

The Icelord
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
DNoble wrote:
I have just exercised my option to bring teams from dead arenas into active ones. Just Desserts and All Night Long are both mine, and my intention is to make the COL feel a bit of pain for their recent ridiculing of me, and in general for their years of what I consider less-than-noble ways. If you care to thnk of me as an honorary member of your group that's fine. Also, I'll defer and share with you my intended challenges against them each turn so you can best co-ordinate your efforts if you'd like. If you wish neither of those, that's cool too - just consider me a manager with parallel wants as yours!

Happy hunting!!

Marty

Marty,
Any "recent ridiculing" of you was earned by your dishonorable actions in Arvat and your taunting of Bosk in Chimlevtal. That is the response that you got for your misdeeds. You can put any spin on it you want and you can tell your friends some crock story that we (particularly me) are "bad guys" and "down-challengers" etc, but the fact is you stabbed Bosk and flamed him and now you don't like being held accountable for your actions. I realize this is 05 in America but you sometimes have to be held accountable for your actions. You can never comment on "less-than-noble-ways" since you have no honor. To do so would be like Bill Clinton commenting of how important wedding vows are.
You should of thought long and hard before you took your cowardly actions. Don't make this out that you are a victim. One of my goals when I returned to Arvat was to tweak you and force you to return to Arvat for the rest of 05 and to make this conflict spill over into Chimlevtal. (dusting off hands) goal accomplished.
That you started a thread about Chimlevtal getting our long time foes to help you out is funny.
Just to help you out:

Do you have any other buddies coming in? Let us know. Whats the fun in hiding your identity?

The Icelord

Well said Mighty Mage! I for one am tired of these guys who like to lay down the double-standards. They (the VC and this DN guy) think it is OK to flame and ridicule people and then when you give it right back to them they get all offended and stoop to the old smear campaign.
I don't play that. I will say exactly what I think, to your face, (unlike DN) and then will back it up. Just my nature.
Those that can clearly think know that both the VC and DN flamed the wrong guys.
I always look forward to the challenge. You know I'll always be there to back you and Bosk up, anytime, anyplace. The sands, the bar, the parking lot, its all good.

RTR

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said Mighty Mage! I for one am tired of these guys who like to lay down the double-standards. They (the VC and this DN guy) think it is OK to flame and ridicule people and then when you give it right back to them they get all offended and stoop to the old smear campaign.
I don't play that. I will say exactly what I think, to your face, (unlike DN) and then will back it up. Just my nature.
Those that can clearly think know that both the VC and DN flamed the wrong guys.
I always look forward to the challenge. You know I'll always be there to back you and Bosk up, anytime, anyplace. The sands, the bar, the parking lot, its all good.

RTR

Welcome to the party RTR. I won't rehash all of that stuff again - but I still in general am not going to tell somebody when I'm going to challenge them and who I'm going to challenge with. If Bosk walked away from our table with a feeling that he had some sort of pact w/Talon and/or myself - that was his mistake we offered no agreement like that, nor did we convey in any way that it was the case. The only 3 people there were he, myself and Talon, and the 3 of us know what happened, and everyone else does not. That is not to say the events occured exactly as per my spotlight some 1.5 yrs ago - again it was editorialized.

One last thing - I'm not running a smear campaign, why would anyone care about my feelings for or against your fictitious managers? I get no glory out of my campaign against the COL. It pains me to know I'm conflicting with your war in 31, but sometimes in war unwanted visitors arrive and mess up the best laid plans. I welcome your challenges in 31, but please ask that you hold off in 32 so Icelord and I can continue our challenge without interference. After Jan 1 I will continue running in there if you want another place to battle me RTR. All - please see important disclaimer below regarding upcoming spotlights potentally in 31, 32, 60 and/or 100.

***Please read DISCLAIMER below!!!!

League Arcane, LLC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Places the Lotion Entertainment Partnership under the laws of the state of New York. It does not condone nor approve of the information in said upcoming spotlights, nor can be held liable as such. Anyone's feelings who get bruised by said spotlight will have the option of bringing a team into 32 to settle the matter with the arena and/or teams of Places the Lotion Entertainment Partnership. Any legal or personal recourse you seek to pursue should be done here under the proper forum heading and/or through the legal system of the state of New York. The names have NOT been changed to protect the innocent as we all figure there are none. Places the Lotion Entertainment Partnership expresses it's tragic sympathy for any who are affected by traumas or tragedy induced by the said team spotlights or any ensuing personal ads or team spotlights. We advise you to place the lotion on your skin or else you'll get the hose again.

Places the Lotion Entertainment partnership did not condone the above statement - nor did we deny it.
Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:
League Arcane, LLC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Places the Lotion Entertainment Partnership under the laws of the state of New York. It does not condone nor approve of the information in said upcoming spotlights, nor can be held liable as such. Anyone's feelings who get bruised by said spotlight will have the option of bringing a team into 32 to settle the matter with the arena and/or teams of Places the Lotion Entertainment Partnership. Any legal or personal recourse you seek to pursue should be done here under the proper forum heading and/or through the legal system of the state of New York. The names have NOT been changed to protect the innocent as we all figure there are none. Places the Lotion Entertainment Partnership expresses it's tragic sympathy for any who are affected by traumas or tragedy induced by the said team spotlights or any ensuing personal ads or team spotlights. We advise you to place the lotion on your skin or else you'll get the hose again.

Places the Lotion Entertainment partnership did not condone the above statement - nor did we deny it.

Now this was funny. Marty rules. 'Grats on the eligables TC by the way.

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks sir! Twas an honorable and well fought victory - preceeded by much revelry!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Are you active in all those arenas you have listed?

The Icelord

No. I'm currently only active in 31, 45, 47, and 59. I probably should edit the list, but I'm typically active at some point in the year in those arenas listed.
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
DNoble wrote:

Happy hunting!!

Marty

Marty,
Just to help you out:

The Icelord

RTR

My thanks, my friend. Your comments are right on. Good hunting!

The Icelord
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DNoble wrote:

One last thing - I'm not running a smear campaign, why would anyone care about my feelings for or against your fictitious managers? I get no glory out of my campaign against the COL. It pains me to know I'm conflicting with your war in 31, but sometimes in war unwanted visitors arrive and mess up the best laid plans. I welcome your challenges in 31, but please ask that you hold off in 32 so Icelord and I can continue our challenge without interference. After Jan 1 I will continue running in there if you want another place to battle me RTR.

DN,
You are asking me to "hold off in 32 so Icelord and I can continue our challenge without interference."
Why should I do as you ask? Bosk asked you to "not challenge his AB" in Arvat because he needed 1 or 2 fights to graduate. He had a simple request so his plans could reach fruition and you and your buddy did everything you could and quickly ruined his plans. You didn't even have the backbone to tell him to his face "nope, we are not going to do as you ask."
Now I am suppose to be the good guy and just respect your request to me? <lol> Kind of funny if you think about it, huh? Your plans and desires are important but his wasn't. Very, very funny.
The Icelord has ASKED me to NOT come to Arvat and start lobbing the challenges at you. Because I respect him and looked him in his eyes and told him I would not "for now" I won't. But now I will tell him to his face
that I will come there if and when I please.
My 1 team is still standing by for your 3 teams in Chimlevtal bud.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
DNoble
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DN,
You are asking me to "hold off in 32 so Icelord and I can continue our challenge without interference."
Why should I do as you ask? Bosk asked you to "not challenge his AB" in Arvat because he needed 1 or 2 fights to graduate. He had a simple request so his plans could reach fruition and you and your buddy did everything you could and quickly ruined his plans. You didn't even have the backbone to tell him to his face "nope, we are not going to do as you ask."
Now I am suppose to be the good guy and just respect your request to me? <lol> Kind of funny if you think about it, huh? Your plans and desires are important but his wasn't. Very, very funny.
The Icelord has ASKED me to NOT come to Arvat and start lobbing the challenges at you. Because I respect him and looked him in his eyes and told him I would not "for now" I won't. But now I will tell him to his face
that I will come there if and when I please.
My 1 team is still standing by for your 3 teams in Chimlevtal bud.

Are you serious? Like I said b4 - you were not there when Bosk was talking to us. As I recall - he never asked us if Talon planned to challenge him, nor do I recall him asking us not to (I don't believe I was actually participating in the arena at the time - though I may be wrong about that). Bosk talked about his AB, and about finally getting an AB to AD (the final style he needed to graduate) - but nowhere in there did Talon say he was not going to challenge him, nor, do I believe, was there a request for him not to.

I don't think you should do as I ask because I ask it of you - but rather because it is the more honorable path. I realize already the futility in asking any members of the COL for anything, I just figured you'd want to help make Icelord's and my challenge legitimate vs. you and/or Bosk gumming it all up with repeated challenges. At this point I say - do what you need to do. Come on in and join the fun (just don't bring crappy scum like Mr. HOF himself Napulak - I dont want the arena stunk up).

As for your 1 team vs my 3...I believe it's your alliance's six teams vs my three - so get your numbers straight there please before acting like some kind of martyr. I've pretty much ignored your stable, but each time you address me I get more interested in giving you some much needed losses.

DN
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic