New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 2 spotlight
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Allow me to take a quick moment to correct a typo I made. I believe I stated Richard and William must have been proud... That should have of course read William and Walter must have been proud.

I wanted to take this oppurtunity also to update everyone on what is going on with the real life side of Rich's unfortunate passing. I did, again, search myself to decide how much of the info to relinquish and decided that the best thing to do is to let everyone know as much as I do as to the ongoing trial (I'm following it in the local news basically) as everyone has shown tremendous respect and sadness at his passing. The nature of this act is becoming ever more senseless as the news articles trickle out. These are the key points in the latest article I have found to date on the matter:

One of two men accused in a two-month crime spree last fall that included two slayings and a carjacking admitted his involvement to police but blamed his partner for much of what happened.

Theron Peters told police that co-defendant Tecumseh Colbert fatally shot a clerk at a liquor store in Point Loma Heights when the man made fun of a Halloween mask Colbert was wearing as a disguise, San Diego police Detective Jana Beard testified in Superior Court yesterday.

Peters said Colbert complained after the November shooting that "the guy thought I was a joke. He laughed at me. He said, 'Ha, ha, ha – funny mask,' and I shot him," the detective testified.

Beard said Peters told police that the Nov. 10 shooting of Richard Hammes at Prime Market Liquors on Voltaire Street was unplanned.

The detective said Peters told police that Colbert complained that he was broke and wanted to rob the liquor stored because his girlfriend was pestering him for money.

As a side note they are considering seeking the "special circumstances", in addition to life in prison, law that allows them to ask for the death penalty in the case. I know there will be divided opinions amongst us all on that particular issue so I ask that you take this merely as an update of where things stand and not as my personal stance, in any way, on what I think should occur.

On to a lighter note. I truly appreciate everyone's participation in helping bring Rich's contest to life. I need to take this oppurtunity to thank !ll kid k for helping to make it happen, even if he still harbors ill will for the way everything went down he was a big part in "bumping" this thing forward when I hit that "certain brick wall" !

I don't want to go on too long at this point so I'll just get right to the scoring from round 1. It will be listed in the follwing format: (WINS-LOSSES-KILLS-KILLED SCORE), this turn personal ads were not scored but kept as a tie breaker in case. The reason being my spotlight due to come out in the May newsletter did not print, it reminded everyone to make sure their personals came from a warrior to get the point and some people did send personals but NOT from a warrior, so confusion did appear to occur. Obviously next turn there will need to be a second section that will cover the past turn's score and the current standings, and after turn 6 I will add a third to update the turn 6-10 scoring for the second 4 RU certs from "The Consortium Prize Pack"! As we get deeper I will also list the cumulative kills that will earn some lucky team another 4 RU certs from The Consortium!

SCORING:

OF WOLF AND MAN 4-1-1-0 4
STEEL REIGN 4-1-1-0 4 *
CARESS OF STEEL 4-1-0-0 3 *
SPARF! 4-1-0-0 3 *
MEMORIAL HAMMERZ 3-2-0-0 1 *
MILLENIUM METAL 3-2-0-0 1
JANIX 3-2-0-1 0
DOG SOLDIERS 0-0-0-0 0
INDULGENT DRINKS 0-0-0-0 0
HOLD THAT TIGER 2-3-0-0 -1 *
LEAKY TEEPEE 2-3-0-0 -1 *
BATTLE BEASTS2 2-3-0-0 -1 *
EYE OF THE STORM 2-3-0-0 -1
GRYFFINDOR HOUSE2 2-3-0-2 -3
POMPOUS PALADINS 1-4-0-0 -3
SEA DOGS 0-5-0-0 -5 *

*= Tie breaker for 1st turn personals

Again make sure those personals come from a warrior to get the point, a team or manager personal is appreciated but does not count. As you see mine were eaten by HAL so I'm going to go the safe route and send in by hand and email to be safe. Hope those who are trailing early hang in there, ANYTHING can happen. You never know when the leaders are going to take their -5 point turn to equalize your bad turn Wink

Again thanks and be well!

Street Legal, MILLENIUM METAL
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic