New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 515
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems the tides are turning a bit! I went from being 12 behind the leader to 8 in 1 turn! Shocked

Overall Mgr Team Manager
Score Record IE Code Name Name
14 34-20-0 0 [BD] Big Mean Fish Big Wave Dave
12 29-22-5 0 [MI] Clan Battleaxe 2 Mithril
12 25-13-0 0 [DG] Hellbourne DeGotti
9 26-17-0 0 [C] Helter Skelter Cosmo
9 25-17-1 0 [UM] Street Pizza The Upright Man
7 13-6-0 0 [MG] Superior Forces 6N Manager
6 28-23-1 0 [TW] Of Wolf and Man II Tripwire
6 26-23-3 0 [DT] Vincere Aut Mori Dark Knight Toker
6 16-11-1 0 [A] Untouchables Angus
5 31-27-1 0 [SL] The Grateful Undead Street Legal
5 23-18-0 0 [F] Get Outta My Way Floyd
4 26-22-0 0 [J] Burn N' Pillage Jolly
4 19-17-2 0 [MM] Wasteland The Muffin Man
1 27-26-0 0 [R] Rill's Gencon SC Rillion
-1 26-27-0 0 [AN] Shepherds Assurnasirbanipal
-3 25-29-1 0 [OB] Sea Dogs One Armed Bandit
-3 12-15-0 0 [DS] Thundr + Litening Doc Steele
-5 24-32-3 0 [AS] Kotor Armalias Skyhawk
-6 19-27-2 0 [N] The Dark Gods Noachian
-8 20-30-2 0 [AZ] The Fallen Azrael
-12 14-26-0 0 [AJ] Cold Cuts Applejack
-21 18-41-2 0 [H] Aim Fatal Hammerz Hammer

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Seems the tides are turning a bit! I went from being 12 behind the leader to 8 in 1 turn! Shocked

Overall Mgr Team Manager
Score Record IE Code Name Name
14 34-20-0 0 [BD] Big Mean Fish Big Wave Dave
12 29-22-5 0 [MI] Clan Battleaxe 2 Mithril
12 25-13-0 0 [DG] Hellbourne DeGotti
9 26-17-0 0 [C] Helter Skelter Cosmo
9 25-17-1 0 [UM] Street Pizza The Upright Man
7 13-6-0 0 [MG] Superior Forces 6N Manager
6 28-23-1 0 [TW] Of Wolf and Man II Tripwire
6 26-23-3 0 [DT] Vincere Aut Mori Dark Knight Toker
6 16-11-1 0 [A] Untouchables Angus
5 31-27-1 0 [SL] The Grateful Undead Street Legal
5 23-18-0 0 [F] Get Outta My Way Floyd
4 26-22-0 0 [J] Burn N' Pillage Jolly
4 19-17-2 0 [MM] Wasteland The Muffin Man
1 27-26-0 0 [R] Rill's Gencon SC Rillion
-1 26-27-0 0 [AN] Shepherds Assurnasirbanipal
-3 25-29-1 0 [OB] Sea Dogs One Armed Bandit
-3 12-15-0 0 [DS] Thundr + Litening Doc Steele
-5 24-32-3 0 [AS] Kotor Armalias Skyhawk
-6 19-27-2 0 [N] The Dark Gods Noachian
-8 20-30-2 0 [AZ] The Fallen Azrael
-12 14-26-0 0 [AJ] Cold Cuts Applejack
-21 18-41-2 0 [H] Aim Fatal Hammerz Hammer

We must admit that we get a kick out of some of those names down in the "minus" area!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it that one in particular Question You know the one who was going to come and own Aruak City and is merely renting space at the bottom of our career team list Laughing

I still can't believe that he's been so lackluster in his home arena!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think its been lackluster. I think its been biding his time. I am fairly sure he TV'd with 1 of his guys and that spells alot of points in this contest.

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Is it that one in particular Question You know the one who was going to come and own Aruak City and is merely renting space at the bottom of our career team list Laughing

You sure do talk big in a place you know he doesn't read. If you're gonna talk trash at least take it to a forum you know he'll read, like the PA's. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe you make your living by talking behind people's backs? Would seem typical.

As far as Aruak goes I believe the only real claim he made was that he would still be there after all the others had left and guess what. He is.

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
I don't think its been lackluster. I think its been biding his time. I am fairly sure he TV'd with 1 of his guys and that spells alot of points in this contest.

I totally agree. He tourney preps, he's a tourney manager. Thanks to the new freeze system warriors fight to break points and stop. You can't blame anybody for taking that approach any more than you could blame them for doing the opposite.

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Aruak City - 11
15/15 THE HEADCUTTERS II (412) 223 244 9 47.8
19/18 NEVERWAKE (508) 55 73 9 43.0

Talcama - 18
5/ 4 THUNDR + LITENING (22) 997 890 122 52.8
21/26 THE GRATEFUL UNDEA (566) 70 99 3 41.4

I know how you always forget to present facts with your idiotic claims so consider this a favor. Funny how Doc Steele is the ultimate target in Aruak and his team is only 4% below yours. He may be renting space down there with you but at least he's getting a discount for being a man.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

You sure do talk big in a place you know he doesn't read. If you're gonna talk trash at least take it to a forum you know he'll read, like the PA's. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe you make your living by talking behind people's backs? Would seem typical.

As far as Aruak goes I believe the only real claim he made was that he would still be there after all the others had left and guess what. He is.

Since we started this thread, we feel the need to respond a little to some the "whaps" on Street. (Not that he, like most of us, doesn't deserve a whap or two now and then.)

We were not really meaning to "single out" Doc, but his "negative" is certainly one of interest.

Attacking Street for his comments here because Doc chooses not to read/hear them seems unfair. Doc can choose to do so if he wishes. He is a character like any other of us in DM or on the site.

He "claimed" far more than just "being there after others left". It seems true that he didn't deliver in this case. So what? And just "dangling" a character or two there does seem more like "renting space" rather than being in the arena. Street's "play on words" seems much more accurate.

We are glad Doc made all those claims. We would not have been back playing without his stimulation.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Aruak City - 11

Talcama - 18

I know how you always forget to present facts with your idiotic claims so consider this a favor. Funny how Doc Steele is the ultimate target in Aruak and his team is only 4% below yours. He may be renting space down there with you but at least he's getting a discount for being a man.

Hey, now; it's much closer to 5% Wink

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
illkidk wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Aruak City - 11

Talcama - 18

Hey, now; it's much closer to 5% Wink

Closer to 5, yes; equal to or greater than, no. Razz

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Attacking Street for his comments here because Doc chooses not to read/hear them seems unfair. Doc can choose to do so if he wishes. He is a character like any other of us in DM or on the site.

He "claimed" far more than just "being there after others left". It seems true that he didn't deliver in this case. So what? And just "dangling" a character or two there does seem more like "renting space" rather than being in the arena. Street's "play on words" seems much more accurate.

We are glad Doc made all those claims. We would not have been back playing without his stimulation.

At least I have the balls to say something to Street where I know he can read it and reply. Both of you are really quick to drop slaps on him, while dancing around his name I might add, when he's obviously not here. If you want to talk crap about him 11...take it there. If you want to tease his BR record...take it to 18. Otherwise you're just a big wuss blowing steam.

"Renting space" is a tournament style of play. Get used to it because more and more managers are going over to it, including people who run from arena contest to arena contest, it's just another way to rent space for a time. I respect that you represent 11 well, I respect that you believe in good basic arena play. Other's don't play that way and you should respect that as well, it's not "dangling warriors", it's having different goals than yours. It shouldn't surprise you that people who use 11 for tourney prep do not consider anyone already in the arena when doing so. Bitch about it all you want, it's just not going to change.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

At least I have the balls to say something to Street where I know he can read it and reply. Both of you are really quick to drop slaps on him, while dancing around his name I might add, when he's obviously not here. If you want to talk crap about him 11...take it there. If you want to tease his BR record...take it to 18. Otherwise you're just a big wuss blowing steam.

"Renting space" is a tournament style of play. Get used to it because more and more managers are going over to it, including people who run from arena contest to arena contest, it's just another way to rent space for a time. I respect that you represent 11 well, I respect that you believe in good basic arena play. Other's don't play that way and you should respect that as well, it's not "dangling warriors", it's having different goals than yours. It shouldn't surprise you that people who use 11 for tourney prep do not consider anyone already in the arena when doing so. Bitch about it all you want, it's just not going to change.

We are not so sure why you are intent on the rent idea - he or anyone can rent all they want. S'OK. The thread is about "not walkin' the talk".

On our behalf, this same thread and talk does and is in the DM11 newsletter - so don't imply otherwise.

No gripes about tournament play and method. None at all. It just wasn't what was advertised.

Sorry

Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
On our behalf, this same thread and talk does and is in the DM11 newsletter - so don't imply otherwise.

No gripes about tournament play and method. None at all. It just wasn't what was advertised.

Sorry

My apologies. I didn't realize you guys discussed people's Talcama Battle Royal records in Arena 11. My mistake.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted from your Doc Steele Invasion Packet 2000. Perhaps you can write to the company for a full refund?
Wink

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We are not so sure why you are intent on the rent idea - he or anyone can rent all they want. S'OK. The thread is about "not walkin' the talk".

Not walkin' the talk...that exactly what Street Legal was doing when he started running his mouth about Doc Steele in a medium that he knows Doc Steele isn't tuned to. This thread is about the arena 18 contest. It's not about the arena 11 conflict that Street Legal constantly brings up as if it were some huge Andorian Revolution in which he was one of the major players in.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus wrote:
I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted from your Doc Steele Invasion Packet 2000. Perhaps you can write to the company for a full refund? Wink

WHAT!? No one received their DOOM Decoder Rings? Those damn kobolds! Evil or Very Mad

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic