New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Invasion of Tobir(14)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I'm not sure how many awards were won by Aradi last mailer, but we usually have 3 to 4 guys fall in round 9 and 10 every mailer, the arena is not much for FtF it seems lately. We picked up 2 TVs last mailer and my guy (Frank Zappa) finished very well (10-3-0) and was 10-1 until meeting the TC and runner-up back-to-back.

As to ADM 11 has a pretty good stranglehold at the top of the Andorian arena, thanks to JRK's mega-warriors, and I'm proud to say my guy's held the title 3 turns now Cool

That all said I'd like to see someway of getting the Aruaki managers over into the ToGS so we can hammer it out between the top 2 Andorian arenas. While still keeping our little Delarq fruends out of the top spot, in fact maybe one of those Aruaki managers will join me in this mission <hint,hint to the 2 on this board!>.

And let me guess, the Andorians will ONCE AGAIN use Delarq tactics back against us, correct? THat's what kills me 'bout Andorians. They complain about how we play then use it themselves when they feel threatened. Fact of the matter is: Delarq tactics work. Andorian manager's past actions would seem to confirm that to me. Just because the Andorians aren't smart enough to do it all the time is their problem.....

<and to borrow from a friend of mine>: BY DIVINE RIGHT, HAIL AND KILL!!!

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Naturalborn Killers--DM 18
Adult Swim--DM 47
kLk Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ILLUMINATIDM
Love me, hate me, you'll never forget me.....
Bounty Hunter of Alastari's Mos
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm not sure how many awards were won by Aradi last mailer, but we usually have 3 to 4 guys fall in round 9 and 10 every mailer, the arena is not much for FtF it seems lately.

Aradi won the most awards out of the Andorian arenas in the last mailer. Aruak City lead the way in most sent, and failed to win any other category other than most killed. Razz

Quote:
And let me guess, the Andorians will ONCE AGAIN use Delarq tactics back against us, correct?

Not in TOGS. It's an Andorian contest, there are penalties for downchallenging.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie,

Good to see you in your usual form(honestly), but actually our true tactic was to not acknowledge the invaders publicly and for a few of us to launch an odd DC (I think I used 2 in the 4-6 months it lasted). And it appears that most left out of boredom because we weren't firing our mantra at them like they perceived we would do. I think many realized the arena was not as harsh as it was made out to be regarding the creed.

It's not really a 'larq tactic it's a "Hey here's an easy win" thing. Perhaps maybe Andorians seek challenge and that's why they abhor the DC so much, and 'larqs need to find a win where and WHEN they can get one Razz

Manager,

Point taken but it's so close to call it's like a photo finish almost (slight edge to 60 probably for performance) BASIC- even, ADM- Aruak, Tourney- Aradi. I think the tipping point would have to be Primus where I'm sure Aradi has better representation. I would say 60 definately has the bigger name managers whereas 11 is not so much into info sharing and are smaller managers. So I'll concede you 60 at this point, but I still think out of 10 times head-to-head Aruak takes 4 (maybe 5) of the matches (were this like a Football game).

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Manager,

Point taken but it's so close to call it's like a photo finish almost (slight edge to 60 probably for performance) BASIC- even, ADM- Aruak, Tourney- Aradi. I think the tipping point would have to be Primus where I'm sure Aradi has better representation. I would say 60 definately has the bigger name managers whereas 11 is not so much into info sharing and are smaller managers. So I'll concede you 60 at this point, but I still think out of 10 times head-to-head Aruak takes 4 (maybe 5) of the matches (were this like a Football game).

**Lets see. Street Legal says Aruak is the best Andorian arena. Manager says Aradi is the best. Hmm, I wonder out of the two who is most qualified to diagnose Andorian arenas? It still amazes me Street you haven't been excommunicated from the Andorian League yet! Smile
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I might see your point Ultra but read it again. I conceded the point to Manager. Besides I see your Manager and raise you a Consortium. Doen't he have Aruak above Aradi on his list?

1. North Fork
2. Chimlevtal
3. Aruak City
4. Aradi
5. Talcama

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I might see your point Ultra but read it again. I conceded the point to Manager. Besides I see your Manager and raise you a Consortium. Doen't he have Aruak above Aradi on his list?

1. North Fork
2. Chimlevtal
3. Aruak City
4. Aradi
5. Talcama

you callin' Talcama an Andorian city? Wait til you know who hears this....<snicker>

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Adult Swim--DM 47
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well......

Actually it's just a reprint of Consortium's list of toughest arenas in the game. To back up my argument and let Ultra know where part of my thought comes from. I've also fought in both 60 and 11 so I have some experience in both.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Well......

Actually it's just a reprint of Consortium's list of toughest arenas in the game. To back up my argument and let Ultra know where part of my thought comes from. I've also fought in both 60 and 11 so I have some experience in both.

It is not at all worth arguing. They are both very, very tough, and very, very Andorian in different ways. We could just as easily have flip-flopped them.

And we are comfortable that Manager would agree.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As posted by the Consortium;

1. North Fork
2. Chimlevtal
3. Aruak City
4. Aradi
5. Talcama

Well, since I'm not in Chimlevtal, Aurak City, Aradi, or Talcama - I'll have to agree with the #1 arena on the list; North Fork. Of course, the bias factor is off the roof on this one for me

For many, many years, 47 has been a tough place to live...
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
you callin' Talcama an Andorian city? Wait til you know who hears this....<snicker>

While I am the defending BR champ, Talcama is Andorian. Smile Tell Doc I'll trade it for Andorak, where he holds the highest winning percentage.
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

While I am the defending BR champ, Talcama is Andorian. Smile Tell Doc I'll trade it for Andorak, where he holds the highest winning percentage.

lol! Now that's funny no matter what your affiliation is!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Well, since I'm not in Chimlevtal, Aurak City, Aradi, or Talcama - I'll have to agree with the #1 arena on the list; North Fork. Of course, the bias factor is off the roof on this one for me

When I was in North Fork for the 2nd Turf war contest (With Mr. Coffee and Crow), I was stunned at how difficult it was. I've had stints in all of the other arenas and never found any of the particular difficult, but 47 was a different beast altogether. I stayed in 47 for awhile after the contest and it remained tough. This was a few years ago and most of the teams that were there then are still there now--so I'd assume it's still pretty tough, especially with that contest going on now.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:

Why would Voldemort care? Oh sorry, wrong fictional world...
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Bookie wrote:

Why would Voldemort care? Oh sorry, wrong fictional world...

hehe I like that one. I tip my hat to ya Rillion. For an Andorian you're almost witty....

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Adult Swim--DM 47
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
'larqs need to find a win where and WHEN they can get one Razz

Time has really lapsed since I played the game long ago. Delarquan DC's were done to enemies/adversaries as a tactic to drive them out of the arenas they bothered you in. Of course if y'all are Andorian then I understand why it seemed like you were always getting DC'ed.

It's gonna be fun getting back into the pool and feeling out the waters of DM2.

Xerxes

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic