New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Invasion of Tobir(14)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Bookie wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
I'm not sure how many awards were won by Aradi last mailer, but we usually have 3 to 4 guys fall in round 9 and 10 every mailer, the arena is not much for FtF it seems lately. We picked up 2 TVs last mailer and my guy (Frank Zappa) finished very well (10-3-0) and was 10-1 until meeting the TC and runner-up back-to-back.

As to ADM 11 has a pretty good stranglehold at the top of the Andorian arena, thanks to JRK's mega-warriors, and I'm proud to say my guy's held the title 3 turns now Cool

That all said I'd like to see someway of getting the Aruaki managers over into the ToGS so we can hammer it out between the top 2 Andorian arenas. While still keeping our little Delarq fruends out of the top spot, in fact maybe one of those Aruaki managers will join me in this mission <hint,hint to the 2 on this board!>.

And let me guess, the Andorians will ONCE AGAIN use Delarq tactics back against us, correct? THat's what kills me 'bout Andorians. They complain about how we play then use it themselves when they feel threatened. Fact of the matter is: Delarq tactics work. Andorian manager's past actions would seem to confirm that to me. Just because the Andorians aren't smart enough to do it all the time is their problem.....

<and to borrow from a friend of mine>: BY DIVINE RIGHT, HAIL AND KILL!!!

Get off it. This is the part that kills me about Delarquans. Just because some Andorians choose to default a mode of play that is shoots for fair, honorable competition and at least having some respect for your opponent, not victimizing noobs, etc. doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't fight fire with fire when someone wants to play dirty. Analogy: I try to get along with most people I meet initially, but once someone screws with me, then the shit is on. How the f&$k can't you knuckleheads follow that concept?

[Sorry for the outburst, and the above is meant in the most respectful in-game context, mostly.]

Jeezo! Don't want to get on HIS bad side!
(Which really means - give 'em hell, Trav.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

And let me guess, the Andorians will ONCE AGAIN use Delarq tactics back against us, correct? THat's what kills me 'bout Andorians. They complain about how we play then use it themselves when they feel threatened. Fact of the matter is: Delarq tactics work. Andorian manager's past actions would seem to confirm that to me. Just because the Andorians aren't smart enough to do it all the time is their problem.....

Get off it. This is the part that kills me about Delarquans. Just because some Andorians choose to default a mode of play that is shoots for fair, honorable competition and at least having some respect for your opponent, not victimizing noobs, etc. doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't fight fire with fire when someone wants to play dirty. Analogy: I try to get along with most people I meet initially, but once someone screws with me, then the shit is on. How the f&$k can't you knuckleheads follow that concept?

[Sorry for the outburst, and the above is meant in the most respectful in-game context, mostly.]

Since when is doing what is permitted in the rules of the game playing dirty? If it was dirty or unfair it wouldn't be permitted. Andorians say the Delarq style of gameplay is unfair then use it themselves when it suits their needs. I believe that is hypocrisy. Either always fight with honour or shut the f&$k up about it.

Hey knucklehead, can you follow this concept? <crotch chop>

[Sorry for the outburst, and the above is meant in the most respectful in-game context, mostly. ]

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Naturalborn Killers--DM 18
Adult Swim--DM 47
kLk Forums: http://s9.invisionfree.com/ILLUMINATIDM
Love me, hate me, you'll never forget me.....
Bounty Hunter of Alastari's Mos
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous wrote:
Ultraist wrote:
6 SLYTHERIN HOU 74/277 74 82 0 47.4
**Wow, those Lirith Kai are beating on you worse than I ever did... At least I allowed you to keep a 50% record. Maybe you will appreciate me more now.

ah....mathematical genus, if he had a 50% winning percentage against you then you weren't beating him.

Thunder Thunder Thundercats hoooooooooo

**Normally I ignore chickenshits like you but I'll clarify. By the statement allowing him to stay at 50% was in reference to his overall team record. Rillions ADM record vs' me leaves a lot to be desired.

Why are you hiding? I see nothing in yopur post that is off the wall...

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous wrote:
ah....mathematical genus

ROFL

Oh my god, that's funny!

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:
illkidk wrote:
Yes, AZ is my designated FTF. I don't like the summer ones nearly as much as I enjoy beautiful AZ. Some of us get there on Thursday evening and hang out at the hotel bar just to BS and shoot some pool with Sentinel. Although, I think I'm hitting the town this time around. See you there!

There is a little place called 'The Sail Inn' with reggae music, and cheap drinks just right down the road and across the tracks; literally... you order a double whiskey and they give you about six ounces... drink your liver into oblivion!

I'll make sure to get there if I can... but if last winter was any indication, I may not make it and I might have to proxy myself in. From the first week of October to the second week of Feburary I was working 12 hour days six days a week... great for the pocketbook, awful on the social life.

Xerxes
who is getting his liver ready for Saturday night of the face as we speak

Pool table?

Not a great one, but if you want to play pool the "Tempe Cue Club" is right on the main drag of tempe... plenty of tables you can rent by the hour, and a bar that would make you think you were in Ireland. We'll get there and bring terror on all the girls at the university!

Xerxes
who's wife will not read that post

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:
illkidk wrote:
Just a small suggestion but I advise everyone to just keep their schedules open for March. That's all I'm at liberty to say until December and/or the AZ FTF.

Hmm, sounds like something to keep in mind.

You mention the AZ FTF.... you thinking of coming, or just proxying it in? I'm only 20 miles away from where the FTF is going to be held. I'm thinking of dropping in each day, but I would have to get the boss to let me loose on Friday to get there by check in, if it is about noon. I'll know more when they release the fine tuned instructions. It would be nice to meet some of you Doomies (sorry, had to do it. I do it respectfully Lords of Doom) and this kLk I see so much of. Heck, it would be nice to meet alot of the faces behind the managers, since I've never been to a Face before.

Thanks for the info illkidk

Xerxes

I'll be there and would like to meet you. I feel like I've been around since the beginning of time and don't remember your manager name necessarily, but it sounds like you put in your time into this game early. What was your manager name back then and what arenas/teams were you?

Used to call myself Pyros back in the late 80's, then I came back and primarially stayed anonymous except for calling myself Natas for a while... the second stint in DM was only for a few months until I ran out of funds and had to concentrate on what was important in life... food, home, clothes, etc. Hope that jars your memory, but I was so obscure (by design) that I could have walked into a bar and no one would have known who I was.

Well, that is a brief history of myself...

Xerxes
who still hopes his wife doesn't see the other post

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
Since when is doing what is permitted in the rules of the game playing dirty? If it was dirty or unfair it wouldn't be permitted.

I have to agree that is isn't unfair.

BUT I have to take exception to the word 'dirty.' It isn't dirty, just opportunistic! Wink

Gotta love those andorians

Xerxes

LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous wrote:
ah....mathematical genus, if he had a 50% winning percentage against you then you weren't beating him.

Thunder Thunder Thundercats hoooooooooo

Some people just HAVE to prove their intelligence...

Grow some and be a man.

Xerxes

Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Since when is doing what is permitted in the rules of the game playing dirty? If it was dirty or unfair it wouldn't be permitted. Andorians say the Delarq style of gameplay is unfair then use it themselves when it suits their needs. I believe that is hypocrisy. Either always fight with honour or shut the f&$k up about it.

Do I need to say anything here? Don't get me started on what is allowed and what is not. Depends on what managers you are talking about.
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
Quote:

Do I need to say anything here? Don't get me started on what is allowed and what is not. Depends on what managers you are talking about.

Go ahead. Say what you want. This is a forum afterall.

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Adult Swim--DM 47
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
Since when is doing what is permitted in the rules of the game playing dirty? If it was dirty or unfair it wouldn't be permitted.

Obviously we're not going to solve the Delarquan / Andorian thing on the 73,457th go 'round of it. I will say, however, that I consider dropping a 32 pt downchallenge from the top of Ch. Inits with a 7-3-2 warrior down onto an 0-1 warrior as a punk maneuver and I don't really see that there's a lot of grey area in that one. Something being legal doesn't make it right and it is perfectly legal to play like a punk should one choose to do so. It's about having some ethics, sportsmanship and class and how one chooses to play the game.

For instance, when the family gets together on holidays and plays volleyball, I suppose I could keep hitting it every time to my 8 year old niece or one of the women I know can't hit it back over the net, but it just seems pointless and classless. What a hollow victory that'd be. Sure it's legal, but is that really the point?

Bookie wrote:
Andorians say the Delarq style of gameplay is unfair then use it themselves when it suits their needs. I believe that is hypocrisy. Either always fight with honour or shut the f&$k up about it.

[Sorry for the outburst, and the above is meant in the most respectful in-game context, mostly. ]

I have a hard time believing that you cannot differentiate between defending oneself and initiating action. For instance, it is legal and ethical to attack/kill someone in self-defense while it it not legal or ethical to do so unprovoked. Initiating violence to attack/kill someone = the wrong thing to do. Defending oneself from said violence = the right thing to do. And does not make the defender a hypocrite. The argument comes up that somehow an Andorian is a hypocrite if he responds to a down-challenge with one of his own. Why? Just because I don't choose to punch people for no reason doesn't mean that I'm going stand with my arms at my sides and let him have at me without fighting back. That would be just stupid.

Self-defense does not make one a hypocrite and it is not dishonorable to defend oneself. That's a simple as I can lay it out for you.

I reluctantly welcome your inevitable rebuttal, then I guess we'll all go back about our DM lives until this topic comes up again and the same old arguments are rehashed.

Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
ah....mathematical genus

ROFL

Oh my god, that's funny!

I didn't even notice that when I read it. That really is funny. Looks like a PDiddy post!

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Bookie,
I don't know you but that was TOO funny!

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bookie wrote:

It is obvious RSI allows dirty game play, you were at the face, weren't you?

!
Bookie
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous wrote:
Bookie wrote:

It is obvious RSI allows dirty game play, you were at the face, weren't you?

!

Anonymous Person,

People like you deserve to be dipped in brown gravy and locked into a room with a wolverine high on Angeldust. Grow some kahunas and sign your name and stop trying to initiate arguments that have long since died.

Bookie, standing right here for everyone to see

Suicidal Dreams--DM 36
Adult Swim--DM 47
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic