New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Invasion of Tobir(14)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Khorvinus wrote:
All I want to know is how one whom considers himself a Freeblade would throw his hat in the ring in such an affair?

Well this is Polarius' baby but I would say join a side or talk him into a surprise attack by the Freebladers hoping to capitalize on the war and make it their city as well. I had talked to Lee, years ago, and she was not totally against possibly even changing the federation to the winning side for a period of time I believe she said. She would prefer for balance sake that it return to being Andorian eventually but it could change sides. I'm thinking it would be a "On paper only" type deal. Graduates would still choose Andorak if they went to Federation ADM arena.

Again this was 7 years ago and I don't recall exactly what we talked about.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Khorvinus wrote:
All I want to know is how one whom considers himself a Freeblade would throw his hat in the ring in such an affair?

Well this is Polarius' baby but I would say join a side or talk him into a surprise attack by the Freebladers hoping to capitalize on the war and make it their city as well. I had talked to Lee, years ago, and she was not totally against possibly even changing the federation to the winning side for a period of time I believe she said. She would prefer for balance sake that it return to being Andorian eventually but it could change sides. I'm thinking it would be a "On paper only" type deal. Graduates would still choose Andorak if they went to Federation ADM arena.

I like the idea of the arena changing sides for a short amount of time (10 turns maybe). It could be thought of as a period of occupation. I agree with Street Legal that the Freebladers could pick a side (or split up on different sides) or launch an attack of their own. If it's a war there shouldn't be a lot of rules. I'm a Delarq we don't really like rules.

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Khorvinus wrote:

I like the idea of the arena changing sides for a short amount of time (10 turns maybe). It could be thought of as a period of occupation. I agree with Street Legal that the Freebladers could pick a side (or split up on different sides) or launch an attack of their own. If it's a war there shouldn't be a lot of rules. I'm a Delarq we don't really like rules.

Polarius

I think the best way would be based on how many people would compete. If we had around 10 (of all 3) each per federation we could go 3-way. If there is limited amount of interest then possibly pick a side to hopefully balance it out. Not sure how this would all be scored yet (up to Polarius) but it could be any victory against another federation is a point(s) and kills are extra or some such thing. That way even if it was, for example only, 10 Delarqs and 6 Andorians it wouldn't be just straight wins that would be clearly unbalanced. Anyways I think we get through the interest point and then Polarius could have a better idea of how a fair scoring system could be determined.

I think that's a great idea to call it an occupation, and then after the set time period, if the Andorians lose, it could be assumed that the other Andorians would put together an army that eventually (re)liberates the city back to Andoria. That would give plenty of time for the winning side (Freeblade or 'Larqs) to brag that "Only a MASSIVE Army of Andorians could take back the city from a smaller number of invaders" or the Andorians, if we win, could brag that the City withstood the invasion by true swordsmanship and will of the Gods!

P.S.- Of course the winning side would forever have those bragging rights!

P.P.S.- And there could always be other attempts to invade (If we hold the city) or "Re-Liberations" (if we lose and then take it back through numbers) later if we have enough fun with it! Or even Freeblades are the third party invaders, with enough interest to support that, for the 'Larqs to try and take (and hold it in Part 2; with the same reversion back to Andoria). So many story lines could come from such a contest it is mind-boggling!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic