New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Invasion of Tobir(14)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Angus wrote:
UPDATE: People who have declared one way or the other on this thread regardless of whether they will participate or not.

Andorian: JE, D. Noble, Kat, Ultraist, Street Legal, Jekyll, Austeric, Consortium

Delarq: Polarius, Angus, OAB, P. Diddy

Of these I'm throwing OAB, D. Noble and P. Diddy into the maybe pile (red) for participation. OAB and DN both said IF they were to participate and Diddy may or may not have any choice once in camp.

Angus, get your invading rebel-rousers beefed up!

Why? That list was pretty much for Polarius whom I sure wants to keep up on the numbers for interest sake and anyone who is lurking and might want to chime in on either side.

Anyone I have to go out and drag in won't last long enough to make any difference in a contest with no prize. The people I have talked to (for either side) have all said they'd consider it some time next year.

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
And I do agree with you on the Delarq side stepping up cause right now if PDiddy is your big gun it aint looking good. Twisted Evil <No offense P>

PDiddy? Believe me. If that's the case then the contest as a whole is dead and buried already...it just doesn't know it yet.

It's not looking good simply from lack of interest.

"It's never how you LIVE that inspires people to want to be heroes. It's how you DIE." -Oliver Queen
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK....here it is OFFICIALLY.....

The contest will happen at a later date. This contest WILL NOT happen before year end. With all of the contests running...and a lack of interest from Delarq managers...there is no choice except to postpone.

Street Legal--I'm sorry for your sake, I know you'd like to see your arena become what it once was. I just don't think this is the proper time for the contest. Feel free to pm me or email me at Polarius@DOOMcorps.com

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Trust me Polarius I'll be rabble-rousing on the Delarq side, maybe I can even get Doc in there. I don't know how many 'larqs are out there on this forum but we'll get this going. I think with good prizes to say the top 3 on the winning side and top team on the losing side you'll get a good split, along with plenty of +1's to say the top 10 on both sides we can rack this thing up. Let me run a little smack and see what we come up with.

Doc Steele here I come! Wink

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a taste of what I had to say to Doc,the second one is an indirect shot over his bow! I hope this isn't too soft for you Angus, I know you wanted to see what I had to say to him, and this is but the start of it!

Doc Steele- Getting a little concerned about you bro! Your renting space near the bottom of the heap in Aruak, we remember your reason and find it viable (work and all), but near the bottom in your home arena's contest? Do you need me to prod you again and piss you off? I find it hard to watch a legend fall into the nether regions. On a side note the Andorians are again thumbing their noses at the Delarqans as they plan to invade arena 14, Tobir, it seems like the Delarqan nation not only lost the battle for Aruak City but have totally lost their heart altogether. What a pity this is, OH HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN! What pitty indeed Razz Maybe I'm looking to the wrong 'larqs though, maybe age has soothed the fire in the elder 'larq hearts!!!- Street Legal

Maybe there's a few Delarqans around here who might actually come and support the Jhans faction planning to invade my beloved home city of Tobir, and it would actually turn Tobir into a 'larq city (with RSI approval pending), this would be a historic contest so if you have interest talk it up to Polarius,myself, or in Jhans. Or go to the reality.com/duel2 site and look under "Andorian issues" to fire this up! --- Street Legal

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Angus
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Just a taste of what I had to say to Doc,the second one is an indirect shot over his bow! I hope this isn't too soft for you Angus, I know you wanted to see what I had to say to him, and this is but the start of it!

Doc Steele- Getting a little concerned about you bro! Your renting space near the bottom of the heap in Aruak, we remember your reason and find it viable (work and all), but near the bottom in your home arena's contest? Do you need me to prod you again and piss you off? I find it hard to watch a legend fall into the nether regions. On a side note the Andorians are again thumbing their noses at the Delarqans as they plan to invade arena 14, Tobir, it seems like the Delarqan nation not only lost the battle for Aruak City but have totally lost their heart altogether. What a pity this is, OH HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN! What pitty indeed Razz Maybe I'm looking to the wrong 'larqs though, maybe age has soothed the fire in the elder 'larq hearts!!!- Street Legal

Maybe there's a few Delarqans around here who might actually come and support the Jhans faction planning to invade my beloved home city of Tobir, and it would actually turn Tobir into a 'larq city (with RSI approval pending), this would be a historic contest so if you have interest talk it up to Polarius,myself, or in Jhans. Or go to the reality.com/duel2 site and look under "Andorian issues" to fire this up! --- Street Legal

Street-

I think adding prizes to this contest would totally ruin it's spirit. Sitting in 4th place looking up at a prize I'm going to start thinking of ways to get over my fellow invader or defender to get at that damn prize. That's just not what it's about.

EDIT: When you use the prizes to coax people to come in it is no longer about the RP. It's about the prizes. That was never the point of this contest, ever.

I think you're putting the carriage before the horse witht that post regarding the contest. Why don't you have a discussion with Polarius regarding a time frame first?

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

**If you start running your mouth as in the 11 thing, I'll not be involved.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Cosmo
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jekyll -- Where's that old Midnight Foundation spirit of old. I am very surprised you've decided to align yourself with the Andorians. Quite a shock I must say. Tsk, Tsk. As stated before, if this contest goes down.....and DOOMcorps can align with the KLK for D'larq's sake. That's something. I would hope this isn't a "I don't want to be on your side kinda thing."

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cosmo wrote:
Jekyll -- Where's that old Midnight Foundation spirit of old. I am very surprised you've decided to align yourself with the Andorians. Quite a shock I must say. Tsk, Tsk. As stated before, if this contest goes down.....and DOOMcorps can align with the KLK for D'larq's sake. That's something. I would hope this isn't a "I don't want to be on your side kinda thing."

Shucks, guys, both you DOOMies and KLKers seem kinda cool and do a lot of interacting. Some day maybe we can all be on the same side - but invading lovely Andoria and attempting to change its actual and philosophical nature of the birthright ain't the time.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Shucks, guys, both you DOOMies and KLKers......

Just curious but why do you continue to disrespect our alliance by referring to us this way? Have we ever disrespected you?

Polarius

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Doc Steele here I come! Wink

I think if you want Doc's attention the proper thing to do is to either email or diplo him and ask him to participate. By doing this, whether he participates or not, he'll at least have a little respect for ya.

Polarius

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We've emailed several times in the past and I let him know where I come from, especially in the PAs. I'm not sure he fully understands or believes me about why I do what I do in the forums, nor do many others (there are a select few who understand it), but I tried to get him to understand. He let me know that as long as I don't go 'real world' on him in the PAs he understands it's one of the aspects of the game. Besides I believe I've earned some respect from him with my targeting him in Aruak and Talcama and letting him complete all 4 turns of HUGE DCing bloodfeuds in 11 after I took out the low WT aimer he bragged about.

I'm going to take your advice and hit him with a diplo but this was a mix of things that were in the pipeline for awhile now.

I agree about the prizes but sometimes that's the only draw for some so that's why I brought it up. Perhaps the prizes can be renaming of DA and stand-ins, with maybe the standard 1, or hopefully up to 2 (in a tiered system), +1 prizes for "Iron Manager" type situation. That way people will be enticed to fight almost every possible fight and offer that second +1 for those who fight say every fight or maybe 1 or 2 short (depending on duration).

POLARIUS,

If your serious on that early '06 date maybe toss out an all arena ad, this is your contest so I'd wait for yours before even thinking about writing one in response (one you approve that's pre-sent for proofread). That way people can think long and hard about if they really want to take part in a historic battle and what kind of team to send and how to prep it.

This contest has huge implications so the time will help I think. Hopefully with a heads up announcement around now enough people will pop in and out to keep Tobir open.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultra,

Not trying to be a smart ass but how did stating how the Aruak City core runs constitute 'running my mouth'? The only crap I ever talked was when people came directly at me for the ideals I re-stated of 11 and I let fly in RETURN. I never pre-emptively struck ANYONE!

Just want to make sure what you mean because if smack talk and some friendly prodding (that prompted Doc Steele and others to say "you won't treat me like that") pissed you off before I don't want to repeat it and I'll leave this whole thing to Polarius, and other hopeful participants, to promote and wait for it to happen to start talking.

Again just to clarify not to be antagonistic to I say these things.

Thomas Jefferson
Azrael
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angus wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:
I started my DM career Freeblades and have always considered myself Freeblades. Damn near all of the time I "lean" more towards Delarq style than Andorian style.... But considering 'some' of the participants that would be on the Delarq side...... <sigh>.. never thought I'd say this ever....

But I'll be siding with the Andorians.

I find this surprising and actually a little bit sad. You mean to tell me if "some of the participants" were not going to take part in the contest at all you would be going Delarq? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the reason and RP behind the contest? Polarius floated this as a Delarq and Friends v. Andorians and Friends contest. Not DOOMcorps v. DOOMcorps haterz and I can tell you with 100% certainty that if that's what it comes to the contest will not happen, nor would I have any interest in participating.

If you feel your *fictional* manager's tendencies lie toward Delarq then go Delarq, man! You and I, alliances aside, have always gotten along and never had any trouble exchanging info or whatever. You mean that no longer is the case?

I find it hard to believe that if the Delarq nation in general decided to collectively answer the call of the enslaved workforce in Tobir (Polarius' proposed story line) you would ignore it and join the other side because Managers A and B have units in the army.

EDIT: It's entirely possible that if this does happen DOOMcorps will be working with members of the kLk. If we can put differences aside...

Your damn right.

DELARQ TOR!!! DELARQ TOR!!!!!

I like that battle cry.

"KNOW MY WRATH!"

"Peace through Tyranny."
Azrael
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
Angus wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:
I started my DM career Freeblades and have always considered myself Freeblades. Damn near all of the time I "lean" more towards Delarq style than Andorian style.... But considering 'some' of the participants that would be on the Delarq side...... <sigh>.. never thought I'd say this ever....

But I'll be siding with the Andorians.

I find this surprising and actually a little bit sad. You mean to tell me if "some of the participants" were not going to take part in the contest at all you would be going Delarq? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the reason and RP behind the contest? Polarius floated this as a Delarq and Friends v. Andorians and Friends contest. Not DOOMcorps v. DOOMcorps haterz and I can tell you with 100% certainty that if that's what it comes to the contest will not happen, nor would I have any interest in participating.

If you feel your *fictional* manager's tendencies lie toward Delarq then go Delarq, man! You and I, alliances aside, have always gotten along and never had any trouble exchanging info or whatever. You mean that no longer is the case?

I find it hard to believe that if the Delarq nation in general decided to collectively answer the call of the enslaved workforce in Tobir (Polarius' proposed story line) you would ignore it and join the other side because Managers A and B have units in the army.

EDIT: It's entirely possible that if this does happen DOOMcorps will be working with members of the kLk. If we can put differences aside...

Well, whether doom participated, sponsored, etc the contest or not is a good question. Would I still side with the Andorians if that was the case? I actually probably would. In the case of the Aruk Invasion I didn't agree with the Delarqs then either only I stayed on the sidelines and did not get involved. I just don't agree with the motives from a Delarq view as far as Tobir is concerned as well as Aruk only this time I will take an active role. As far as the role play aspect I actually think this will add intrigue to it.... and Jamie/Polarius with his political leanings can probably understand.... consider it like Zell Miller crossing party lines and STILL considering himself a Democrat(not trying to stat a political debate with anyone so please no bleeding heart liberals or right wing Republicans jump all over that one).
I hope this won't be a case of doom vs doomhaters and I don't feel it will be. The only ones that will prolly cross "party" lines will be members of The Iron Council. This is a GREAT contest idea and one that I think can come off. As far as doom goes, despite my feelings towards a couple of the members they can bring attendance to a contest. I mean just look at Arena 36 as an example. Love em or hate em they can bring out the numbers and in the case of 14(a dying arena) Polarius and a doom sponsered contest will bring out the peeps in masses.
Yes you and I have always gotten along and will continue to do so irregardless of yours or mine affiliation. I actually don't have a problem with doomcorps.... its just a matter of a few bad apples ruining it for the whole bunch or however it is that saying goes.
As far as doom and klk... well I think that sometimes they are more alike than either one will care to admit but that is another topic all to itself.
But for the purpose of the contest yes I have usually "leaned" more towards the Delarq style of play but as with Aruk I don't agree with the Delarq idea of invading a city and will side with the bleeding heart liberals(Andorians) and defend them.

DOOm and kLk alike? Hmmm, actually I would say yes, it's all politics my friend, politics.

"KNOW MY WRATH!"

"Peace through Tyranny."
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic