New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - You Andorians
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something really bugs me...

I thought Andorians were against down challenging whether it be against you personally or against someone else is YOUR Andorian arena. Is this no longer the case? Everyone for themselves?

I thought Andorians had backbones, but once again apparently I was wrong on this as well. I'm not even Andorian and I seem to stand up to downchallenging more then Andorians that brag they are Andorian.

Well, no more. You Andorians in 105 get your act together for as a wise man once said. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM (the down challenger) YOU MIGHT AS WELL JOIN THEM.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with you Papaiz, sorry I haven't been around there much. All my 105 warriors needed to stop running to time for tourneys at the same time.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
Something really bugs me...

I thought Andorians were against down challenging whether it be against you personally or against someone else is YOUR Andorian arena. Is this no longer the case? Everyone for themselves?

I thought Andorians had backbones, but once again apparently I was wrong on this as well. I'm not even Andorian and I seem to stand up to downchallenging more then Andorians that brag they are Andorian.

Well, no more. You Andorians in 105 get your act together for as a wise man once said. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM (the down challenger) YOU MIGHT AS WELL JOIN THEM.

So which chunk of obviously semi-Andorians is giving us all this bad rap?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I started out Andorian and was one for about 2+ years, and then realized I liked DCing loud mouths, so I quickly became a Free Blader.

Good hunting!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

All of them so called Andorians presently playing in Andorak. They are so afraid, that they are hiding under the pretense of (well he's not DCing me, so no harm done).

Nothing against Kellumbo, his style of play is his own. My problem is with the Andorians in that arena. I remember the days, if someone DC'd in an Andorian arena, the whole arena would jump in and fix the problem. If those days are gone, then they are gone.

Like I said, I am not an Andorian, I like to play to the style of the arena. When in Rome.... If there is no Andorians there that want to fix the problem, then it is no longer an Andorian arena.

Right?
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
Quote:

All of them so called Andorians presently playing in Andorak. They are so afraid, that they are hiding under the pretense of (well he's not DCing me, so no harm done).

Nothing against Kellumbo, his style of play is his own. My problem is with the Andorians in that arena. I remember the days, if someone DC'd in an Andorian arena, the whole arena would jump in and fix the problem. If those days are gone, then they are gone.

Like I said, I am not an Andorian, I like to play to the style of the arena. When in Rome.... If there is no Andorians there that want to fix the problem, then it is no longer an Andorian arena.

Right?

You'll note the overwhelming apathy about everything in all ADM arenas, it's not that anyone specifically approves. And if anyone could be bothered to write personal ads or challenge or something, he'd probably catch some challenges. As far as I know, he's been mostly under control (by his standards) in ADM for the last year or two. At least when I was paying attention to such things.

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If there is no longer any differentiation between ADM arenas based on regional beliefs, then wouldn't it be better to just have 4 ADM arenas? 100, 101, 102, and 106? I mean, we've already eliminated the Lirith Kai ADM arena, so why not the rest of them if they aren't going to be used for the reasons they were created? You know, the ROLE PLAY aspect.

Doing this would still allow players to run the same number of warriors, and would actually save upwards of $9 per month in base fees. As nobody really does any RP in ADM, there is no need for the regional arenas. Besides, anybody can run in any regional arena now, regardless of Basic arena affiliation, negating the regionality of each arena. (if regionality is a word, that is Confused )

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So Andorak is no longer Andorian? It is on the border of their kingdom, and they no longer have the funds in their huge vaults to care for it. It has been abandoned?
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
So Andorak is no longer Andorian? It is on the border of their kingdom, and they no longer have the funds in their huge vaults to care for it. It has been abandoned?

Well, you're more than welcome to head to 104 if you don't want downchallenging. Only the Duelmaster has been challenging there for the past several turns now.
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not in 105 these days, haven't been for many months, but I'd still like to claim the TOWN of Andorak as Andorian. Perhaps the problem is, from a role playing perspective, we don't actually have our own arena, it's shared with Talayha or some BS like that. Wink

One of the reasons I took a break from 105 was the ADM apathy. But if I was there, I'd still get on people who DC'd. One problem is so many people run maintenance and don't bother with ads, so...

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
One problem is so many people run maintenance and don't bother with ads, so...

That's not just an ADM problem. There are only a handful of Basic arenas that have personals as well. Other than Judith, I mean. Aruak City, Mordant, and Aradi are the only ones I am aware of that write. Then again, I am only active in a couple other Basic arenas, and dropping those soon, as well. I would also assume Chimlevtal is active as well, based on the amount of back and forth on the boards there is under that thread. Smile If somebody can name four more arenas that are active with personals outside of Judith and one other manager, I'd be surprised.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:
One problem is so many people run maintenance and don't bother with ads, so...

That's not just an ADM problem. There are only a handful of Basic arenas that have personals as well. Other than Judith, I mean. Aruak City, Mordant, and Aradi are the only ones I am aware of that write. Then again, I am only active in a couple other Basic arenas, and dropping those soon, as well. I would also assume Chimlevtal is active as well, based on the amount of back and forth on the boards there is under that thread. Smile If somebody can name four more arenas that are active with personals outside of Judith and one other manager, I'd be surprised.

If it wasn't for internet groups, chat rooms and boards like this the arenas would be much more lively in the PA department. And banter between imaginary warriors gets harder each year as each of us get older. Not everyone has a whole village of personalities living in their head like the Consortium to draw from or the capacity to spill mindless dribble on the keyboard turn after turn like some cats do.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
Quote:

Right?

I took up for you but unfortunately I didn't have worthy warriors in the right places to go after DK and actually win much. Although I did get a bit peeved when you DC'd Gregola with your AB a few months ago!

One problem in 105 is that everyone active in there is a bunch of maintenance runners; JRK & Armalias as examples.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am soon going to fix the maint runners... the ones that like to pad their records in a nice safe environment. They may find out, when one day they actually pay attention and they have unexpected loses.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a side note, I was told by Kellumbo once that he was only going to downchallenge people who have downchallenged him in the past. Has anyone been DC'd by him over the past year who also has thrown DC's his way?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic