New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Change polls to avoid "shill" voting by unnamed Ma
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
85+% negative and still counting Exclamation

uh, make that 87+% negative .......

Sentinel, are you making sure your votes are counted?

Where would Kelly Clarkson have been without her repeat voters?

Some of us continue to fulfil our voting duties ..... some do not. Wink

Bah, too much effort. I will live by the will of others for now until RSI makes it right.

Lack of action has lost many battles .........

I would insert a witty retort about picking one's battles if I had one at my disposal.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

I would insert a witty retort about picking one's battles if I had one at my disposal.

A battle - or a wit????? Wink

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

A witty retort! My Wit is at least high enough to use a Scimitar without penalty...

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

A witty retort! My Wit is at least high enough to use a Scimitar without penalty...

Surely you understate yourself. We are certain you could are of epee class.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Surely you understate yourself. We are certain you could are of epee class.

*blush* Garsh, you say the sweetest thangs...

Lee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
I would like to see a change to the polling rules such that an individual user ID and IP address can only vote once. This would help avoid a single manager or groups of managers "shilling" the voting by submitting repeated votes on an issue and skewing the perception of RSI and other players on game matters.

Just to clarify...

We still have some parts of this site that we can't edit fully, change, or delete, because of security issues. These are being worked on. Until this is fixed--or at least the polls part is fixed--I can't make changes to the way polls are handled (adding individual user ID/IP/etc. tracking for polls). It is definitely something that I would like to do when we get the ability.

I will assure you, though, that I am (and have been) aware that there was ballot-stuffing going on, and as such, take that into consideration when I view the results of the polls. Further, when it really matters (i.e., when I need input in a hurry), I generally look at the results fairly early on, long before a small number of managers has had a chance to hugely skew the results by voting hundreds of times.

I took the last poll down because it was bothering you all so much. I couldn't think of anything exciting to put up, though, and right now we *have* to have a poll (because I can't turn it off), so the new poll is pretty random. Maybe I'll use the results to choose the color for the next turnsheets or envelope or something. *shrug* If anybody has any ideas, please let me know.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BTW, more than 87% of the voters DID NOT like that last TC prize Exclamation

Uh, sorry, make that

****over 90%****

Last edited by The Consortium on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

A good, true univote poll is going to have to go direct to the voters (e.g. PBM - style) or else many will simply not have the opportunity to vote. And that would only be a shame.

WTF??? A Republican suggesting that it would be unfair if "everyone" didn't have the opportunity to vote? I think the Tower of Rightness that you live in is starting to lean to the LEFT my friend! Smile
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

A good, true univote poll is going to have to go direct to the voters (e.g. PBM - style) or else many will simply not have the opportunity to vote. And that would only be a shame.

WTF??? A Republican suggesting that it would be unfair if "everyone" didn't have the opportunity to vote? I think the Tower of Rightness that you live in is starting to lean to the LEFT my friend! Smile

* LAUGH! *

And clearly purple triangles is the only reasonable vote for the current poll.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

Around our house the highly (read EXTREMELY HIGHLY) conservative spouse calls me a "closet Democrat". (She knows how to use words with more powerful hurt that those 4-letter kind.) Wink

Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Around our house the highly (read EXTREMELY HIGHLY) conservative spouse calls me a "closet Democrat". (She knows how to use words with more powerful hurt that those 4-letter kind.) Wink

Sounds like she must be related to Ann Coulter! Wink
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ann's not all that bad. Haven't you seen the cover of her book, 'How to Talk to a Liberal?" (I think that's the name) She has that dress and heels... MAN!

Of course, you would have to like blond stringy hair and waif like appearances...

...now I'm drawing looks from my wife...

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If we really end up with pink polka dotted envelopes, I will hunt all of you who voted for it down! (And rip of all of your DM fights or do something really mean)
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
If we really end up with pink polka dotted envelopes, I will hunt all of you who voted for it down! (And rip of all of your DM fights or do something really mean)

If we can end up with a prize that has a 92%+ NEGATIVE vote, we can certainly end up with pink polka dotted envelopes!

Maybe we will never see that prize again and continue using plain white envelopes ................................

That must be your "Raven side" talking about all those nasty retaliations.

Who would have thought that the DM Community would continue to vote "nay" to this rediculuous prize - moving the reject % up to 97% NO.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Managerr wrote:

If we can end up with a prize that has a 92%+ NEGATIVE vote, we can certainly end up with pink polka dotted envelopes!

Maybe we will never see that prize again and continue using plain white envelopes ................................

That must be your "Raven side" talking about all those nasty retaliations.

Who would have thought that the DM Community would continue to vote "nay" to this rediculuous prize - moving the reject % up to 97% NO.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic