New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Donation status
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OAB and the rest,

I was shooting at NOV 10, for obvious reasons, as being the absolute latest that I would make a decision and send the all arena announcement. I had hoped to have decided long ago but I DO NOT want your charity and kindness to go the wrong way and am trying to maximize it's effect and significance!

I hope this does not become a bone of contention but I have agonized and agonized, and waited for responses (some of which were not satisfactory 70-some% goes into the charity Embarassed ) and believe I have now stumbled upon the right charity to go to once I hear back from them:

http://interfaithservices.org/index.htm

They have a veterans program that helps homeless veterans, men and women, for up to a year at a time as well as with job training and placement.

I must have gone through about 50-60 different ones, plotting them on Mapquest in relation to Prime Market and this is one of the closest (about 6.6 miles). I was hoping to stumble onto one who may have actually helped Rich and I'm thinking maybe this is one of, or THE one.

The amount raised was $225 and though it may not seem a large amount it goes A LONG way for a charity who has the right partners in the community (with chain and local stores). The delay has been unfortunate but I did not even come across this institution until 2 weeks ago, and with Katrina many charities will suffer for donations so the timing may be of benefit.

For your donations I am eternally grateful to you all and I know Rich is smiling down.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic