New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Mordant
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was looking to see what kind of prepping I need to do in Mordant. When I checked the arena it was nice to see a few teams had moved in.

I see an old team has reactivated with like a 40 something % winning percentage.

They should have activated themselves back when the arena was dead and got that w/l% up. But then again....a 40% w/l prob means they have been run on maint alot...or maybe it is Kurd back! lol!

Anyway, it is nice to see Mordant is running again.

Polarius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
I see an old team has reactivated with like a 40 something % winning percentage.

They should have activated themselves back when the arena was dead and got that w/l% up. But then again....a 40% w/l prob means they have been run on maint alot...or maybe it is Kurd back! lol!

Actually, that's Lord Xiang's team and I think he "adopted" it well into its later years. I will not surmise as to how the record tilted so much to the wrong side of 500. I can say that he played that team during some of Mordant's more competitive days.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Polarius wrote:

Actually, that's Lord Xiang's team and I think he "adopted" it well into its later years. I will not surmise as to how the record tilted so much to the wrong side of 500. I can say that he played that team during some of Mordant's more competitive days.

Oh..I figured he was the newer team with the winning record...

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, that's me! Of the 900+ fights, probably 350-400 are under my management. I have almost a .600 record since acquisition, and picked the team up in the low .300's.

My last two turns there are average for me (6-3, 1 DA).

As for those being more competitive days? I'd say. Doc Steele, Neon Necromancer, Papa Bear, Doc Legrande, and lots more big names of DM past (I know some are even still around, woo-hoo!). Not to mention tons of other managers that probably hold those distinctions now.

Why not start (or REstart) a team in the arena that started it all?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Polarius
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Yep, that's me! Of the 900+ fights, probably 350-400 are under my management. I have almost a .600 record since acquisition, and picked the team up in the low .300's.

My last two turns there are average for me (6-3, 1 DA).

As for those being more competitive days? I'd say. Doc Steele, Neon Necromancer, Papa Bear, Doc Legrande, and lots more big names of DM past (I know some are even still around, woo-hoo!). Not to mention tons of other managers that probably hold those distinctions now.

Why not start (or REstart) a team in the arena that started it all?

I've been looking for another arena to run in full-time. I may consider Mordant. I've got a couple of guys to DA and an overall young team in there.

In return for me running in 1 why don't you come visit DM 36? Good competition is always welcomed!

Polarius

- John F. Kennedy

Warlord of DOOMcorps
Blitzkrieg
www.DOOMcorps.com
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
Oh..I figured he was the newer team with the winning record...

Nah. For those teams, we'd have to play in Andorian or Lirith Kai arenas. I adopted several Delarquan teams, with the express purpose of not caring about the records. I knew I was going to get my head handed to me by those managers that figured the game out long before I even heard of RSI. So why get upset about a losing record?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Polarius wrote:
I've been looking for another arena to run in full-time. I may consider Mordant. I've got a couple of guys to DA and an overall young team in there.

Plenty of awards to be had, in such a small arena. I've grabbed six just this turn (still haven't received the turn yet...grrrr...dang'd snail-mail). Won't do that again for a while, since I should graduate the warrior that got me 4 of them in the next couple turns.

Quote:
In return for me running in 1 why don't you come visit DM 36? Good competition is always welcomed!

I have a team in Jhans, actually. I do not, however, have the finances to compete in any more arenas. I'm actually overstretched as it is, running in ADM, as well. I'll be dropping several, maybe up to half, of those warriors soon, I believe, in order to keep regular in Basic. When my finances allow, I will strongly consider activating my team in 36.

LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure to look out for my tourney baby in there... you'll notice me; the JGW on the front, and the one warrior swinging away at the opponents... too bad there isn't enough talent on the other warriors to justify them. Maybe a second team that is talented? Hmm... I think I have a few 'rookie' teams worth transferring over to Mordant... Just in time to prep for the olympics!

Nice to see you running again Lord Xiang!

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The more, the merrier!

Is good to be back playing again. I forgot how anxious I get when waiting for turns to arrive via snail-mail, after viewing them online first. LOL

Ya know, JGW, the Dark Arena was created for JUST that purpose. *grin* Try one at a time, or swallow the medicine in one gulp. Either way, it works wonders for a team. Trust me. Twisted Evil

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, 1 will still be my home arena but a few things have changed.

First, I didn't want to run in so many slow arenas so I was going to transfer one of my teams from DM 50 that has some quality warriors into DM 1. And transfer the current team in 1 into 82. While they didn't have a "bad" record I wanted a well established team in there.

Well come to find out I can't transfer the team from 50 into 1 and they already transferred the team from 1 to 82! Sooo, looks like i will be starting entirely new in DM 1. Probably after the mailer sometime.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Well, 1 will still be my home arena but a few things have changed.

First, I didn't want to run in so many slow arenas so I was going to transfer one of my teams from DM 50 that has some quality warriors into DM 1. And transfer the current team in 1 into 82. While they didn't have a "bad" record I wanted a well established team in there.

Well come to find out I can't transfer the team from 50 into 1 and they already transferred the team from 1 to 82! Sooo, looks like i will be starting entirely new in DM 1. Probably after the mailer sometime.

Ouch! Did you not try to do both transactions at once?

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Ouch! Did you not try to do both transactions at once?

That was the problem. I did do them both at once. One went through and the other didn't. If I would have known I couldn't transfer the team from 50 to 1 I wouldn't have sent the team currently in 1 to 82. Either way, its no biggie. I will just find myself a decent team and start there.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
That was the problem. I did do them both at once. One went through and the other didn't. If I would have known I couldn't transfer the team from 50 to 1 I wouldn't have sent the team currently in 1 to 82. Either way, its no biggie. I will just find myself a decent team and start there.

Hmm, I would just think your intentions were obvious and there was a lack of awareness on the issue. Oh, well, the upside is you can possibly slap an October TV in Mordant from a tourney team. Then again I guess TVs are useless against stand ins, huh? At least she's up and running again!

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Twisted Evil Looks to double the population in Mordant from several sources (mostly boards and roundtable/email). Not too shabby! Not many more fights vs stand ins remaining. WOO-WOO!! And even more commitments for the Olympics! Exclamation

Let's keep the Mordanti Revival going! Spread the word!! Pillow talk. Blackmail. Whatever! Twisted Evil

illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Twisted Evil Looks to double the population in Mordant from several sources (mostly boards and roundtable/email). Not too shabby! Not many more fights vs stand ins remaining. WOO-WOO!! And even more commitments for the Olympics! Exclamation

Let's keep the Mordanti Revival going! Spread the word!! Pillow talk. Blackmail. Whatever! Twisted Evil

I don't doubt your word but we shall see who shows and who doesn't. I'll definitely be in and out as I previously agreed. Good luck with the Olympics this time around. Timing will be everything but I think the contest schedules are booked all the way through next year. Zalcon will overlap ours, unfortunately, and if we're all lucky then ours will slightly overlap T.O.G.S. However, if the T.O.G.S. Commission chooses not to wait until later next year we may be looking at 3 of the top contests around coming to a boil at about the same time! One good thing about the Olympics is that a slightly different audience gravitates to it. Only the Turf War has a similar structure.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic