New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Loyalties
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who claims Andorian loyalties, regardless of alliance affiliation or current arenas being played?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been Andorian from day one. But in non-Andorian arenas (or any arena for that matter), I respect the local style and may play by it.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Who claims Andorian loyalties, regardless of alliance affiliation or current arenas being played?

Most of our managers are Andorian - hence our primary affiliation.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
I've been Andorian from day one. But in non-Andorian arenas (or any arena for that matter), I respect the local style and may play by it.

Meaning you're a closet 'Larq, and your values are discarded like a wedding band after 4 days travel from home? Or meaning you hire local talent, and don't force them to train to a foreign style? Personally, it matters not to me, but your compatriots might find something wrong with your statement.

p.s. I enjoy playing to different styles myself, as it allows for subtle differences that are refreshing.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:

Meaning you're a closet 'Larq, and your values are discarded like a wedding band after 4 days travel from home? Or meaning you hire local talent, and don't force them to train to a foreign style? Personally, it matters not to me, but your compatriots might find something wrong with your statement.

p.s. I enjoy playing to different styles myself, as it allows for subtle differences that are refreshing.

Defining Adie as a closet Delarq is like calling our boss a closet Democrat! Ain't gonna happen Exclamation

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oops. I forgot to add smilies and such to show I was joking. Please accept my humor as was intended. Mea Culpa.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Oops. I forgot to add smilies and such to show I was joking. Please accept my humor as was intended. Mea Culpa.

Uh, it WAS taken as a humorous comment. As was ours intended. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

And as for The Consortium being closet Democrats? That is their personal choice. I won't hold their politics against them.

How somebody could be a staunch Republican wind up being Andorian is beyond my comprehension. It's like Reagan being soft on Communism!

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

And as for The Consortium being closet Democrats? That is their personal choice. I won't hold their politics against them.

How somebody could be a staunch Republican wind up being Andorian is beyond my comprehension. It's like Reagan being soft on Communism!

Or like Saddam Hussein being soft on Genghis Khan.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Careful with the political talk boys your liable to get me going again. Especially since Bush II has adopted many Historically Democratic stances (Truman Doctrine, Wilson's making the world safe for democracy, CLINTON'S policy on invading Iraq, etc.). It pains me to admit that! Don't worry that's the end of my talk on this matter! Except to say VIVA ANDORIA Exclamation

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Careful with the political talk boys your liable to get me going again. Especially since Bush II has adopted many Historically Democratic stances (Truman Doctrine, Wilson's making the world safe for democracy, CLINTON'S policy on invading Iraq, etc.). It pains me to admit that! Don't worry that's the end of my talk on this matter! Except to say VIVA ANDORIA Exclamation

Well, if we're going to open that door. That's OK because he has offset that with conservatism of the worst sort to balance the scales. Handing the country lock stock and barrel to the deep religious right, chipping away at reproductive and basic civil rights, managing the govt as a vehicle for the oil companies' and others corporate profits, invading Iraq like his father and unlike Clinton, the vicious attacks against anyone who disagrees with the adminstration's hawkish policies, unwillingness to participate with good faith in the international community, the absolutely arrogant disrespect for the rule of law or the separation of powers in this country, wrapping his treason in the flag, and convincing the gullible masses of this country that he represents their interests. Etc.

Whoa, did I say that all out loud? And I will as well refrain from dragging this into an exteneed political discussion. Happy holidays to all!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Well, if we're going to open that door. That's OK because he has offset that with conservatism of the worst sort to balance the scales. Handing the country lock stock and barrel to the deep religious right, chipping away at reproductive and basic civil rights, managing the govt as a vehicle for the oil companies' and others corporate profits, invading Iraq like his father and unlike Clinton, the vicious attacks against anyone who disagrees with the adminstration's hawkish policies, unwillingness to participate with good faith in the international community, the absolutely arrogant disrespect for the rule of law or the separation of powers in this country, wrapping his treason in the flag, and convincing the gullible masses of this country that he represents their interests. Etc.

Whoa, did I say that all out loud? And I will as well refrain from dragging this into an exteneed political discussion. Happy holidays to all!

Happy Holidays to all!
(Even the Bush Bashers, or is that Scum Bashers or Tank Bashers?)
We're voting for him again for the 3rd term ..... oh, we can't? How sad.

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:

Defining Adie as a closet Delarq is like calling our boss a closet Democrat! Ain't gonna happen Exclamation

LOL!! Laughing Nice! Even though I meant what I said, I've actually only run in one non-Andorian basic arena, and that was a Lirith Kai Arena, so actually, I've never actually HAD to change my style to fit the arena I'm in. I'll let you know if I ever come out of the closet... as a 'Larq that is. Wink

Ps. Xiang, if you ever run into Tankesh in a non-Andorian arena, you might learn he was never in the closet to begin with! Twisted Evil

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
LOL!! Laughing Nice! Even though I meant what I said, I've actually only run in one non-Andorian basic arena, and that was a Lirith Kai Arena, so actually, I've never actually HAD to change my style to fit the arena I'm in. I'll let you know if I ever come out of the closet... as a 'Larq that is. Wink

I look forward to that day we find you in Mordant! You will find, I believe, that my play style *SHOCK!!* isn't much different there than in Aruak City. I will, however, use all the tools available in a conflict (ie responding to a DC or in a Bloodfeud) when not restrained, as in Aruak City.

Adie wrote:
Ps. Xiang, if you ever run into Tankesh in a non-Andorian arena, you might learn he was never in the closet to begin with! Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil I SOOOOOO won't go down that road.....

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Twisted Evil I SOOOOOO won't go down that road.....

Laughing What? You aren't going to 'take advantage' after I gave you such an easy road... Crying or Very sad

Wink

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic