New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1585

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dead TC's
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know, I know.. this has probably been brought up a hundred times but guess what? I haven't seen it so here it goes again.

Why is RSI punishing dead TC's and giving Dead TV's the benefits by letting them stick around? During the TC fight I should have been rooting for the other guy!! It should be the other way around if your going to punish warriors, hell at least give the TC the award of staying.

Think about this. Lets say you TC Apprentice, or Inits or hell even Adepts. The tourneys normally go around 13 rounds thats 7FE. If you were timed thats: Apprentice TC: 11FE, Initiate TC: 17FE, Adept TC: 27 FE

So an Apprentice AND Initiate TC is losing out on possible awards in Adepts, Champions, and Challengers.

Adept TC is missing out on Champion and Challengers.

I think I am missing the point that RSI is trying to make here? Its not like any of the dead TC's have won any awards or anything. They don't get potions put on them, or bonus' added. They simply come back to life. They don't have an advantage over others like a living TC that possibly can put a prize on itself. I am confused as to why they are automatically graduating these warriors? Do they see that as a bonus or a prize?

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To try and keep this short.

the reason is that when the dead tourney was started the main play in the game was for arenas not tournies. Back then it was a help to get your warrior to immortal before death. Remember this was beck before managers received 15 pages of mini's in the adm arenas. With the slant of the game now it is really not a great thing to TC the dead.

I know some of us receive more then 30 pages of adm but the point is that the game has changed it's focus and the dead tourney is still stuck in the "good old days mode"

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
I know, I know.. this has probably been brought up a hundred times but guess what? I haven't seen it so here it goes again.

Why is RSI punishing dead TC's and giving Dead TV's the benefits by letting them stick around? During the TC fight I should have been rooting for the other guy!! It should be the other way around if your going to punish warriors, hell at least give the TC the award of staying.

Think about this. Lets say you TC Apprentice, or Inits or hell even Adepts. The tourneys normally go around 13 rounds thats 7FE. If you were timed thats: Apprentice TC: 11FE, Initiate TC: 17FE, Adept TC: 27 FE

So an Apprentice AND Initiate TC is losing out on possible awards in Adepts, Champions, and Challengers.

Adept TC is missing out on Champion and Challengers.

I think I am missing the point that RSI is trying to make here? Its not like any of the dead TC's have won any awards or anything. They don't get potions put on them, or bonus' added. They simply come back to life. They don't have an advantage over others like a living TC that possibly can put a prize on itself. I am confused as to why they are automatically graduating these warriors? Do they see that as a bonus or a prize?

I couldn't agree more. There was a time when this "go directly to ADM, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" was a reward. Not anymore. It is a massive penalty and needs to be updated to reflect the times. Dead TC's should have the OPTION to go to ADM or to stay in basic.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah...remember that tourney when the Dead TVs got their favorites when they got resurected in basic? That was like a double slap in the face to the Dead TCs as the Dead TVs got an advantage they didn't.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone sent a serious letter or requested that they take a look at this? Even though its obvious to everyone here maybe they are unaware of how bad of a deal it really is for these TC's.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

People have complained every year. And I expect it to change one of these days.
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you really wanted to turn the tables on dead tourneys, you could send all TVs to ADM and TCs can stay! Twisted Evil

Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking as an old school manager who gets all of 4 pages of ADM mini-overviews.

I like the good old days when people actually played the game and didn't just play tourneys.

Yeah the prize should probably be changed to give you the option, but then again why should RSI change it when said warrior will only fight tourneys in the foreseeable future. How is that making RSI any more money by making the change? As in any business, that is what truely drives things to change.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Speaking as an old school manager who gets all of 4 pages of ADM mini-overviews.

I like the good old days when people actually played the game and didn't just play tourneys.

Yeah the prize should probably be changed to give you the option, but then again why should RSI change it when said warrior will only fight tourneys in the foreseeable future. How is that making RSI any more money by making the change? As in any business, that is what truely drives things to change.

Visionist

Another old school group reporting in - agreeing with Visionist - and suggesting that BOTH TC & TV from the dead go direct to ADM.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
eah the prize should probably be changed to give you the option, but then again why should RSI change it when said warrior will only fight tourneys in the foreseeable future. How is that making RSI any more money by making the change?

Because the choice is either running them in tournaments vs. not running them at all. Who brings warriors back from the dead because they actually want to run them in the arena again? That's crazy talk!
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
eah the prize should probably be changed to give you the option, but then again why should RSI change it when said warrior will only fight tourneys in the foreseeable future. How is that making RSI any more money by making the change?

Because the choice is either running them in tournaments vs. not running them at all. Who brings warriors back from the dead because they actually want to run them in the arena again? That's crazy talk!

Exactly, my Dead TC from this tourney will never see the light of day again. A 9 Will Striker that could have made some noise in the rest of the tourneys up to ADM, but then would have surely been retired. They went from having a warrior that was going to be run in every tourney probably for a few years, to having 0.00 from a warrior who is now retired.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:

Visionist

Another old school group reporting in - agreeing with Visionist - and suggesting that BOTH TC & TV from the dead go direct to ADM.

And that would probably lose RSI massive dollars. I know during the dead tourneys if this were the case I would probably only run 1 guy, the one that is hugely bonus'd and only good in ADM+. If they made it so you can get them alive again and run in regular arenas they would continue to get my lucrative dead business.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dead TCs, IMO, should receive their resurrection to regular arena play AND THEN immortality until they reach ADM. Would that not be 'the best of both worlds?' After all, who is to deny that these warriors deserve immortality? This would ensure RSI receive their 'tourney TC prize' of mo money and that the managers would be able to continue to fight their warriors in tourneys.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="TripwireDuel"Exactly, my Dead TC from this tourney will never see the light of day again. A 9 Will Striker that could have made some noise in the rest of the tourneys up to ADM, but then would have surely been retired. They went from having a warrior that was going to be run in every tourney probably for a few years, to having 0.00 from a warrior who is now retired.[/quote]

No they get $50 to 100 from you buying new team roll-ups trying to get another similar ST to run in the next tourney. If they let him stay in basic tourneys it would take them 2 to 4 years to get the same amount of money.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Dead TCs, IMO, should receive their resurrection to regular arena play AND THEN immortality until they reach ADM. Would that not be 'the best of both worlds?' After all, who is to deny that these warriors deserve immortality? This would ensure RSI receive their 'tourney TC prize' of mo money and that the managers would be able to continue to fight their warriors in tourneys.

Mixing immortal warriors in basic arenas with non immortal warriors would be a HUGE mistake. RSI would loose the money they make from people like myself and the Consortium who enjoy basic play.
Because the 1st time an immortal tourney warrior pops in after split, going 10/10/10 and kills one of my warriors. One I have been playing for a year or more in the arena, I would have a fit and quit. Then they loose the $10.75 I pay each turn plus the money I might spend in tourneys.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic