New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dead TC's
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:

Because the choice is either running them in tournaments vs. not running them at all. Who brings warriors back from the dead because they actually want to run them in the arena again? That's crazy talk!

Call me crazy then.
An old school manager like myself. I only sent in dead warriors I want back alive to fight again in the arena.

Guess that is why I will never TC in a tourney. I don't have the need to prove to people how great a manager I am by TC'ing in every tourney.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Managerr wrote:

Because the choice is either running them in tournaments vs. not running them at all. Who brings warriors back from the dead because they actually want to run them in the arena again? That's crazy talk!

Call me crazy then.
An old school manager like myself. I only sent in dead warriors I want back alive to fight again in the arena.

Guess that is why I will never TC in a tourney. I don't have the need to prove to people how great a manager I am by TC'ing in every tourney.

Visionist

We're just talking about each manager having the choice to play the game the way he chooses. What if you are a manager who only enjoys basic arena play and doesn't play ADM at all? You are doubly penalized by TCing because you don't get the fun and enjoyment of actually RUNNING that warrior that you desperately wanted back from the dead. For the manager who wants induction to ADM or immortality, then fine. For the manager who sees a basic DM future for his warrior and not an ADM one, let the warrior stay in basic. No harm, no foul. The way the prize is right now, it doesn't suit a large group of players and could be changed to be desirable and enjoyable for a larger section of the populace.

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
[quote="TripwireDuel"Exactly, my Dead TC from this tourney will never see the light of day again. A 9 Will Striker that could have made some noise in the rest of the tourneys up to ADM, but then would have surely been retired. They went from having a warrior that was going to be run in every tourney probably for a few years, to having 0.00 from a warrior who is now retired.

No they get $50 to 100 from you buying new team roll-ups trying to get another similar ST to run in the next tourney. If they let him stay in basic tourneys it would take them 2 to 4 years to get the same amount of money.

Visionist[/quote]

That ludicrous. I am not going to spend even 5.00 on more rollups searching for 1 striker. They come a dime a dozen. Regular death and graduation rollups can give you most of those rollups. Anyway, they would get more money from me if he was in regular arena. That was the point of my posting.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Mixing immortal warriors in basic arenas with non immortal warriors would be a HUGE mistake. RSI would loose the money they make from people like myself and the Consortium who enjoy basic play. Because the 1st time an immortal tourney warrior pops in after split, going 10/10/10 and kills one of my warriors. One I have been playing for a year or more in the arena, I would have a fit and quit. Then they loose the $10.75 I pay each turn plus the money I might spend in tourneys.

Visionist

The prize for TCing the regular Holloween tourney is immortality nearly every time. So there are many many immortal warriors already out there fighting in arena's as we post. Its been that way for years..

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

We're just talking about each manager having the choice to play the game the way he chooses. What if you are a manager who only enjoys basic arena play and doesn't play ADM at all? You are doubly penalized by TCing because you don't get the fun and enjoyment of actually RUNNING that warrior that you desperately wanted back from the dead. For the manager who wants induction to ADM or immortality, then fine. For the manager who sees a basic DM future for his warrior and not an ADM one, let the warrior stay in basic. No harm, no foul. The way the prize is right now, it doesn't suit a large group of players and could be changed to be desirable and enjoyable for a larger section of the populace.

As I stated in a previous post I don't disagree with giving the option to the manager. Just that RSI won't change it unless they see a benefit to there bottom line and I don't see it adding to their bottom line at this time.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Visionst01 wrote:
Call me crazy then.

Visionist

You keep bringing up old school, well lots of us are old school as well, we may not have 2 digit numbers but I have been playing since 1984. Also, If you think the Consortium doesn't try to win TC's than you don't know him very well. No one mentioned they were trying to prove anything. TCing and tourneys are part of the game now, its FUN to try to win them. You are the only one bringing up that people are trying to show how great a manager they are.. Many of these managers TC multiple times a tournament and I have yet to hear any of them spouting how great they are.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, I will be sending RSI another letter and a call to let them know that they are behind the times with this. I will use this forum to let them see both sides of the story, but I will be once again asking them to consider changing the rules of the current dead tourneys. Instead of punishing the dead TC's and giving the living the advantage why not at least make it even and let both stay.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:

The prize for TCing the regular Holloween tourney is immortality nearly every time. So there are many many immortal warriors already out there fighting in arena's as we post. Its been that way for years..

Yes I know and I think its was a terrible idea for a prize. As bad for the basic game as the switch style was for advanced.
But then again they aren't fighting in arenas they are fighting in tourneys for the most part. Nothing good can come from mixing mortal and immortal warriors period.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:
Call me crazy then.

Visionist

You keep bringing up old school, well lots of us are old school as well, we may not have 2 digit numbers but I have been playing since 1984. Also, If you think the Consortium doesn't try to win TC's than you don't know him very well. No one mentioned they were trying to prove anything. TCing and tourneys are part of the game now, its FUN to try to win them. You are the only one bringing up that people are trying to show how great a manager they are.. Many of these managers TC multiple times a tournament and I have yet to hear any of them spouting how great they are.

I knew I was going to get hammered for saying anything in this thread.

I repeat I DO NOT disagree with changing it and hope your letter helps the cause for the change.

As for the statement I made about "needing to TC to show how great a manager you are" you are right, I shouldn't have made that statement and apologize to anyone I might have offended.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Visionst01 wrote:
Speaking as an old school manager who gets all of 4 pages of ADM mini-overviews.

I like the good old days when people actually played the game and didn't just play tourneys.

Yeah the prize should probably be changed to give you the option, but then again why should RSI change it when said warrior will only fight tourneys in the foreseeable future. How is that making RSI any more money by making the change? As in any business, that is what truely drives things to change.

Visionist

Another old school group reporting in - agreeing with Visionist - and suggesting that BOTH TC & TV from the dead go direct to ADM.

After that nice final comment from Visionist, perhaps we, too, should report in. We apologize for our facetious comment that both TVs and TCs should be taken direct to ADM.

We had added a final comment that was not posted (for some reason) that we did support the choice of ADM for the TC winner. Actually, we believe the TC should be treated just like the regular TCs - win an award- along with "life", of course.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic