New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Dirty, Rotten, No Good .......
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor Soultaker (Father O'Malley). Backstabbed by his best friend? Evil or Very Mad (Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.)

Because The Fellowship Of The SCOMSS was deemed so competant, and to prevent a back-to-back Turf War win, the conniving Managerr (not Raven) gathered a clan of top notch DMers, and deviously (with a lot of scheming, intelligent work) kept their identities secret.

Meet Raven (Lost Souls) = The Sentinel Cool
And cohorts = Sandman, Manager, Rillion, Dmobster

A very well done scheme folks!

Us Consortiumites salute them and their planning, teaming, scheming ruse.

Us SCOMS Tower Folks feel honored that it will have taken such a mighty collection to fell us. Except Father O'Malley - who is downright hurt and PO'd! Wink Embarassed

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eh - I wouldn't be too bent out of shape. The TC pretty much ended the competition. Without that SCOMS would still be out front, with the VC clan on your tail.

Then again, If I had the time to actively manage my guys, you still might be #2... Wink
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
Eh - I wouldn't be too bent out of shape. The TC pretty much ended the competition. Without that SCOMS would still be out front, with the VC clan on your tail.

Then again, If I had the time to actively manage my guys, you still might be #2... Wink

Hmmmmm
Not at all bent out of shape.
We admire the planning and effort.
And they are all pretty decent guys. (Well, ........)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A little back-stabbing? In this game? Hard to believe!!
I had thought that sort of stuff went out at least 2 years ago! Laughing

I do believe in that old proverb "The best defense is a good ambush." Step on their throats before they speak, prevents bad communications.

I would be interested in hearing more details what happened. It sure is an interesting game!

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hmmmmm

Foiled! I was hoping to see the deception last till the end of the TW it would have been much more amusing. Too bad Trav.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hmmmmm

Foiled! I was hoping to see the deception last till the end of the TW it would have been much more amusing. Too bad Trav.

Actually, Travis broke the news, himself. He could not hold it in any longer. (And he doesn't plan to run much - to preserve the win,)

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hmmmmm

Actually, Travis broke the news, himself. He could not hold it in any longer. (And he doesn't plan to run much - to preserve the win.)

Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hmmmmm

Actually, Travis broke the news, himself. He could not hold it in any longer. (And he doesn't plan to run much - to preserve the win.)

WHAT! Travis, you disappoint me. Couldn't even hold out till the end, it would have been worth it.

Obviously you don't have a 21 Will.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hmmmmm

WHAT! Travis, you disappoint me. Couldn't even hold out till the end, it would have been worth it.

Obviously you don't have a 21 Will.

Dare we say low will, low size?

LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Kat wrote:

Hmmmmm

Actually, Travis broke the news, himself. He could not hold it in any longer. (And he doesn't plan to run much - to preserve the win,)

OMG, and I wanted to keep calling Travis 'Raven' as he passed by our table. I did not know about this, even though word-of-mouth rumored just this info, but without proof.

Since I just got back into the game, I'm not going to call this good or bad, but definately very 'cunning' on Travis' part.

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

The plan was to do the reveal at the FtF from the very beginning. Logistically it would have been very difficult to keep everything a secret through another tourney, and since almost all of the X-Syndicate and SCOMS were going to be at the FtF, the big reveal was set up to be as dramatic as possible. Plus, it will transition into the start of TOGS very nicely.

Quote:

Ok, I have been biting my tongue on this for months. Currently, X-Syndicate has a 425 lead on SCOMS. If my math is right, Tarantella's x10 multipliers account for only 437 points of it. Without the TC points, we are only down by 12. Now keep in mind that we basically spotted SCOMS a whopping *125* points in stylemasters! (Seeing as we all had new teams, it was impossible for us to get any free stylemaster points) Throw out all stylemaster points and we would be still be up *103* points on SCOMS. We also have the 1, 3, 4, and 7 teams in the arena, so it's not like we've been losing on the basic arena front.

Like we said at the FtF, in the next few turns, we plan to show we would have won the contest decisively even without the TC.

Captain Impresario
(Which, for Master Darque, is a synonym for "Manager")
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

The plan was to do the reveal at the FtF from the very beginning. Logistically it would have been very difficult to keep everything a secret through another tourney, and since almost all of the X-Syndicate and SCOMS were going to be at the FtF, the big reveal was set up to be as dramatic as possible. Plus, it will transition into the start of TOGS very nicely.

Quote:

Ok, I have been biting my tongue on this for months. Currently, X-Syndicate has a 425 lead on SCOMS. If my math is right, Tarantella's x10 multipliers account for only 437 points of it. Without the TC points, we are only down by 12. Now keep in mind that we basically spotted SCOMS a whopping *125* points in stylemasters! (Seeing as we all had new teams, it was impossible for us to get any free stylemaster points) Throw out all stylemaster points and we would be still be up *103* points on SCOMS. We also have the 1, 3, 4, and 7 teams in the arena, so it's not like we've been losing on the basic arena front.

Like we said at the FtF, in the next few turns, we plan to show we would have won the contest decisively even without the TC.

Captain Impresario
(Which, for Master Darque, is a synonym for "Manager")

Could be,could be. But we are a little surprised to see you rationalize the style points as representative of your abilities. After all, coming in, you knew the style points (and TC points) were a part of the scoring.

One could also rationalize that style points are overcome by the ability to bring in selective "very good teams" (plural teams)

We would say it is simple - y'all are in 1st - us'ns in 2nd - so far.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Could be,could be. But we are a little surprised to see you rationalize the style points as representative of your abilities. After all, coming in, you knew the style points (and TC points) were a part of the scoring.

Nope. You can keep the style points. We'll beat you without our TC straight up. I will say that the stylemaster points are the most broken part of this contest. You actually have to win fights to win a TC, you can become stylemaster just by virtue of having an old warrior.

Just responding to the total myth that we would not be in the competition it without the TC. The people who have complained bring up one thing about the rules to bitch about and not the other.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all knew the rules when we started the contest and as such the TC/Stylemasters points are just the way it is. Your advantage was warrior selection (I’m pretty sure you each have 4-5 good warriors on your teams while a lot of us are running DA meat). Our advantage was dedication to the arena (i.e. stylemasters). Nothing was stopping us from starting new teams and going all out for the TC and nothing was stopping you from running old teams/transferring in old teams. All it really points out that it can be hard to design a contest and that different contests reward different types of teams.

BTW, I’ve had fun with this contest even if I have been a little absent.

slugbait
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got 4 DA meat warriors running on my team. Actually only 3, since one just died at the tourney and I was too busy to get his replacement rolled up and run this turn. Of course I am the only one on our team that hasn't TV'd. But I've still managed to earn positive points for the X-Syndicate during the contest.

Chaotix Rillion
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic