New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1626

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Olympics have arrived!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Mordanti Olympics, having been gone for 6 years, have returned to the Mordanti Alliance, sponsored by Amicitia Primoris. Teams have competed against each other for recognition and noteriety four times in the past. It is far past time for the 5th Mordanti Olympics to be held. The Mordanti Olympics shall be held in the Mordanti arena (DM-1) from May 1st (T544) thru Oct 30 (T557). There will be a 'registration period' lasting until T543, where teams will be allowed to register by declaring their participation in the personals or emailing me directly. Rules will be posted in the Mordanti arena (DM-1) newsletter no later than T543, but shall be available online before then. An announcement will be made as to where they will be posted. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.

Last edited by Lord_Xiang on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The following alliances have been declared so far.

Amicitia Primoris - Lord Xiang, JGW, Dameon Darkheart

Iron Council - Tripwire, Huckle Cat

LBA - One Armed Bandit

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Mordanti Olympics, having been gone for 6 years, have returned to the Mordanti Alliance, sponsored by Amicitia Primoris. Teams have competed against each other for recognition and noteriety four times in the past. It is far past time for the 5th Mordanti Olympics to be held. The Mordanti Olympics shall be held in the Mordanti arena (DM-1) from May 1st (T544) thru Oct 30 (T557). There will be a 'registration period' lasting until T543, where teams will be allowed to register by declaring their participation in the personals or emailing me directly. Rules will be posted in the Mordanti arena (DM-1) newsletter no later than T543, but shall be available online before then. An announcement will be made as to where they will be posted. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.

Can you give us a brief overview of how this one works?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

...well C, there will be a collection of athletes competing fairly until a Lirith Ki judge is paid by an Andorian mobster to put an Andorian warrior at the top of a certain class, while a delarquan warrior is unjustly robbed of his gold medal. There will be an investigation followed by an unprecedented move to award a lone lirith ki warrior a gold with the delarquan, leaving the cheating andorians in last place...

Wink you aren't that andorian mob are you?

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The rules will be posted shortly, but the gist of the contest is the alliance/independent with the best win-loss record at the end wins.

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Edited 2-24-6

1) The contest will run from May 1st (T544) thru Oct 30 (T557) in the Mordant arena (DM-1).

2) The three teams with the best win-loss record, based on percentage, will be awarded the Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards (prizes still being determined for Gold/Silver with Bronze being 'bragging rights').

3) Each team will consist of one or more managers running upwards of three teams each, with managers and stables to be declared prior to the start of the Olympics in either the Mordant personal ads, posting in this thread, or emailed to Lord Xiang (amicitia@gwi.net).

4) Each team will need to qualify in order to be awarded their medals. In order to qualify, a team must meet a certain fight total minimum, which will differ from team to team, determined by numbers of stables participating on that team. These totals shall be determined, and posted, by no later than T546, when the 2nd turn results are posted. This prevents a team going 80 percent on round 1 and sitting out the rest of the contest to secure the Gold.

5) Qualification formula is as follows: ST x 4w x 14r where ST is number of stables declared participating for that team, 4w is 4 warriors per team run on average, and 14r is the 14 rounds that May-October covers. This gives each stable the opportunity to either hold one or two warriors out for tourney timing over a short timeframe, or a buffer in case the mail does not get to RSI on time. I am certain managers will find other uses for the built in buffer, as well.

6) The Olympic Committee reserves the right to ammend or edit these rules up until the turn prior to the start of the contest. Finalized rules will be posted in the newsletter the turn prior to the start of the contest.

7) The Olympic Committee reserves the right to break any ties that may occur using their discretion. Be aware that there may be a decision that is not popular. The only tie-breaker that will be stated that if there is a tie between an Olympic Committee member and a non-committee member, all else being equal, the non-committee member will get the advantage.

JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All right dude... every time rules are posted your gonna have some folks offering suggestions. criticisms, etc.... so be prepared. That being said, it is your contest run it how you like...... BUT, I cry Foul...

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Edited 2-24-6

3) Each team will consist of one or more managers running upwards of three teams each, with managers and stables to be declared prior to the start of the Olympics in either the Mordant personal ads, posting in this thread, or emailed to Lord Xiang (amicitia@gwi.net).

This is extremely skewed to the hosts' favor and I do not think this should be allowed. Not everyone has the opportunity to have multiple teams in this arena for whatever reason... be it no closed arenas to transfer, not enough funds to run multiple teams, what not. Most, if not ALL contest only allow one team per manager and in the event that you happen to have a secondary, or third team(like the Amen Prime) you must declare only one of those teams and the other teams either have to be inactive or cannot interfere with the contest. This is for a variety of reasons which Im sure you dont need me to list. At any rate, I highly suggest you alter this rule. Irregardless, good luck in hosting your contest and may it be a successful one.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
This is extremely skewed to the hosts' favor and I do not think this should be allowed. Not everyone has the opportunity to have multiple teams in this arena for whatever reason...

I thought everyone was allowed to run as many teams as they liked in Mordant? Or were you referring to costs of running multiple teams, etc.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
This is extremely skewed to the hosts' favor and I do not think this should be allowed. Not everyone has the opportunity to have multiple teams in this arena for whatever reason...

I thought everyone was allowed to run as many teams as they liked in Mordant? Or were you referring to costs of running multiple teams, etc.

Really? I didn't know that. Can we transfer from anywhere?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll be playing only one team and I will almost certainly be without alliancemates. I don't really see why 5 good warriors on a team can't be competitive, regardless of how many teams are in the other alliances, since its scored on straight win/loss.

But that's just me.
ragnarokwolf
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You would have more guys able tie up certain warriors with challenges. Thus making it easier to get desirable match ups.

Var
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ragnarokwolf wrote:
You would have more guys able tie up certain warriors with challenges. Thus making it easier to get desirable match ups.

Var

But again, to echo OAB, if you have five good warriors you still should counteract the alleged tie-ups, and with the win you stay in front...

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Really? I didn't know that. Can we transfer from anywhere?

As I understand it, you can. Mordant was given "special" status awhile ago, I don't know if it still has it.

Quote:
I'll be playing only one team and I will almost certainly be without alliancemates. I don't really see why 5 good warriors on a team can't be competitive, regardless of how many teams are in the other alliances, since its scored on straight win/loss.

Rascally Rabbit won by himself as a single if I remember right. Doc Steele and Neon won as a 2-man team as well. Smaller (good) teams definitely have the advantage.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in with 1 team either way. I was just curious if I could pull some of my teams from 82 into the arena. Or teams from Slow arenas that I no longer play because of the long turnaround.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If somebody choose to run multiple teams (for whatever reason), yes, they can issue more challenges in an absolute number, but they also have to be on the lookout for a similar number of challenges TO them as well. And if their warriors are all cramped in one category, say Initiates, it can make things interesting for them for challenges/avoids.

Besides, allowing managers to declare their teams part of the contest makes it more difficult for them to run a higher percentage. Not impossible, mind you, just more difficult. There are other considerations that the Olympic Committee reviewed before deciding to allow multiple teams per manager, if available, that will not be discussed in any forum. I am sure many managers can figure out why on their own, we just don't want to make it easy for them. Very Happy

There are as many disadvantages to multiple teams as there are advantages. As the goal of the Olympics is to have the best overall record-over-time, a team with a single stable per manager has the advantage over multiple stables per manager, ever so slightly. The rules pretty much stipulate almost full teams need to be run at all times, with a small buffer built in for tourney timing or poor mail times, hence the slight advantage to a single stable manager. No partial tourney-only teams will qualify for any awards, regardless of record.

I, myself, will be running only a single stable in the Olympics, with my two others pretty well being set up for the summer Face, and will have most of their timing set by the start of the Olympics.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic