New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TOGS Teams
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Rillion wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:
In a stunning development, TGG has decided he will not be participating in TOGS.

Oh good. I'm sure he'll enjoy the "Shocking Reason TGG backed out of TOGS" spotlights that are going to go around now.

Huh, I completely forgot what a good subject this would make for a spotlight. to think I could have written about something interesting for my first spot instead of the horrid drivel that ended up being my first space filler for TOGS.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

Along those lines, I would highly suggest that all TOGS managers cc: me on their personal ads and spotlights so in case HAL munches them, then I can still give you credit. In the past, Sue has provided an alternate address to cc: for her, but I haven't heard back from her yet. Please cc: TOGSman@gmail.com or sentinel_at_cruzio_dot_com for now and I'll send along the secondary address for ed. if she gets back to me with it.

And so it begins...

Everyone,

I've just set up a special e-mail address just for TOGS so that I can keep track more easily and have stuff forwarded to Judith when I'm out of town. That address is...

TOGS@solberg-mathews.com

Pass the word along to those who need to know and all that good stuff. I'll put a note in the newsletter next turn too.

Sue

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG Wayne! Bad enough that we have Travis reminding opponents that TOGS is about to start. (Instead of just taking the money and running) Now we have you helping people from getting their spotlights run!

No compassion for the enemy!
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:
So where are they it's been over a month and the turn is due tomorrow? Better get crackin' ImpreManaRageMan!

I'm leaning towards

Samwise the Bald/Mannequin
Soultaker/Death Stud
The Creepster/Manager
LHI/TUM

Aha, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and use my TOGS Predictions as my Spotlight for turn #1!!!!

As a preview, I think three of your predictions are right on in terms of identifying TOGS contenders--I differed greatly on one of the ones on your list. (To fine out, you'll have to wait for Turn #1!)

If anyone thinks Mannequin and I will be contenders, you've got more faith than I do. I don't doubt that Mannequin will hold up his end of the deal. I'm worried about me. It's Thursday and I have yet to write a spotlight. That's not good going into turn 1. Embarassed

Sam
--The Sandman
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy Crap. It's due today? Guess I'd better pick a team. And transfer them. And start writing. Manager, I'm sure this post confirms some opinions you already held...

Don/TUM (aka LHI's anchor)
_sandman_
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM wrote:
Holy Crap. It's due today? Guess I'd better pick a team. And transfer them. And start writing. Manager, I'm sure this post confirms some opinions you already held...

Wow! And, I thought I was bad! Wink It's too bad that state of unpreparedness doesn't carry over into your tourney prep. Laughing

Sam
--The Sandman
TUM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_sandman_ wrote:
TUM wrote:

Wow! And, I thought I was bad! Wink It's too bad that state of unpreparedness doesn't carry over into your tourney prep. Laughing

Sam
--The Sandman

Clearly you didn't see this mailer's tourney squad!
Rolling Eyes
Don/TUM
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well with 2 teams apparently faltering into the starting blocks perhaps that dark horse is looking better, but unlike manager it will remain unnamed until the end, to see how it does (biting his tongue as you all know I've toned down some lately)!

If I had to guess, and right now I do, I'd say your differing on the LHI/TUM team with me. Despite Sandman's talk those 2, he and Mannequin, can prove to be quite capable. I'd think LHI/TUM because acronymical Shocked managers don't always pay attention to basic Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
OMG Wayne! Bad enough that we have Travis reminding opponents that TOGS is about to start. (Instead of just taking the money and running) Now we have you helping people from getting their spotlights run!

No compassion for the enemy!

The Creepster was outvoted by appx 9-1 on this item. Led by the Consortium majority Andorian contingent, chanting "Health. Humility. Honor.", Creepster's "Killy-willy the fee-fi, fumble-dee-dee-dee, mo-fo-fo's" was virtually unheard.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TUM wrote:
_sandman_ wrote:
TUM wrote:

Sam
--The Sandman

Clearly you didn't see this mailer's tourney squad!
Rolling Eyes
Don/TUM

Some people are such exceptional sandbaggers ..........

Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_sandman_ wrote:
Managerr wrote:
Quote:
So where are they it's been over a month and the turn is due tomorrow? Better get crackin' ImpreManaRageMan!

I'm leaning towards

Samwise the Bald/Mannequin
Soultaker/Death Stud
The Creepster/Manager
LHI/TUM

Aha, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and use my TOGS Predictions as my Spotlight for turn #1!!!!

As a preview, I think three of your predictions are right on in terms of identifying TOGS contenders--I differed greatly on one of the ones on your list. (To fine out, you'll have to wait for Turn #1!)

If anyone thinks Mannequin and I will be contenders, you've got more faith than I do. I don't doubt that Mannequin will hold up his end of the deal. I'm worried about me. It's Thursday and I have yet to write a spotlight. That's not good going into turn 1. Embarassed

Sam
--The Sandman

Don't sweat it, Samwise. It's only -5 points if you don't write a spotlight (of course you will burn in eternal spotlight hell when I begin pencil-whipping you in each of my spotlights for the next six months for your transgression).

Have a nice day! Twisted Evil

Mannequin
RascallyRabbit
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:

- Lady Elysian / A-Sop
Aradi Resort & Spa / Bugs, Slugs & Thugs

- Samwise the Bald / Mannequin
Childhood Trauma / Bikini Bottom

- Soultaker / Death Stud
Goin' Tubin' / Death Studs VII

- Lord Xiang / Seraphim
AARP / Dilligaf Legion

- Ultraist / Jekyll
Elements of Power / Medical Biohazard

- The Creepster / Manager
Crazy Creeps / Superior Forces 16

- Hombre / Ganolus Oakleaf
The Bizzle / Silent Warriors

- Rillion / Rascally Rabbit
Demons of Darkness / Saab Story

- Nuln / Snotman
4000 Blows / Wild Cards

- Farmer boB / Mission
Cheer-O-Kee's / The Misguided

- Indimar Fallon / Cyber Punk
Wing Hove / Atlas Park

- Street Legal / Ghoti
My Best Buds 2 / Ogres Are Us

- TUM / LHI

- Dmobster / Tigtoad

Going off the list above my top 5 picks, in no particular order are.

- Samwise the Bald / Mannequin
Childhood Trauma / Bikini Bottom

- Soultaker / Death Stud
Goin' Tubin' / Death Studs VII

- The Creepster / Manager
Crazy Creeps / Superior Forces 16

- Hombre / Ganolus Oakleaf
The Bizzle / Silent Warriors

- Dmobster / Tigtoad
Tweedle Dee / Tweedle Dum (not sure what their team names are?)

I would have loved to pick the Tog's Team of Rillion/Rascally Rabbit for the above list. Unfortunately my current team is just a tad on the weak side, and my current partner while an exceptional manager, has a bad habit of faltering at the finish line during Tog's.

"Every day life gives us 10,000 chances, all we have to do is reach out and take just one"
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RascallyRabbit wrote:
Unfortunately my current team is just a tad on the weak side, and my current partner while an exceptional manager, has a bad habit of faltering at the finish line during Tog's.

Hey, I'll have you know that I faltered way before the finish last time! Oh guess that doesn't really help....
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic