Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: shellyyu
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 19802

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Aruak City
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We can assure you that Adie and crew challenge us and we challenge them. Now that WAS a different story during the invasion, of course. We have zero "no challenge" relationships in Aruak City.

It could be that you see few challenges from us to them because we have extreme difficulties winning against her/his teams.


Never said there was a "no challenge" thingy. Just that it makes sense to beat on the 'rival gang' more than your 'homeboys'. Twisted Evil

You have a tough time against Adie/Tankesh? Kinda like I have against you, eh? Now THAT I believe. Taking the 'easy' challenges, tho, is more of a 'Larq trait, dontcha think? At least according to the Andorian crowd.

Are you SURE the Consortium isn't a Delarquan outfit? Downchallenges, kills, taking the easy challenges? Shocked Laughing

No worries, Sir. Just tying a tin can to your tail and watching you run in circles trying to pull it off. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Delarquan comedy, y'see!

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 1274
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Obviously someone doesn't know the blessings of living in a bayou... all the life the water brings. Wink


Yeah, lots of mosquitos, malaria, west nile... ugh!!

_________________
Steve (Adie/Tankesh)
respect: noun. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
transitive verb. To avoid violation of or interference with.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 1274
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We can assure you that Adie and crew challenge us and we challenge them. Now that WAS a different story during the invasion, of course. We have zero "no challenge" relationships in Aruak City.

It could be that you see few challenges from us to them because we have extreme difficulties winning against her/his teams.


Now THAT is a compliment! Thank you. I do have had a tendency to design my warriors with the expectation they'll be facing a lot of Consortium warriors.

_________________
Steve (Adie/Tankesh)
respect: noun. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
transitive verb. To avoid violation of or interference with.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8819
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
We can assure you that Adie and crew challenge us and we challenge them. Now that WAS a different story during the invasion, of course. We have zero "no challenge" relationships in Aruak City.

It could be that you see few challenges from us to them because we have extreme difficulties winning against her/his teams.


Never said there was a "no challenge" thingy. Just that it makes sense to beat on the 'rival gang' more than your 'homeboys'. Twisted Evil

You have a tough time against Adie/Tankesh? Kinda like I have against you, eh? Now THAT I believe. Taking the 'easy' challenges, tho, is more of a 'Larq trait, dontcha think? At least according to the Andorian crowd.

Are you SURE the Consortium isn't a Delarquan outfit? Downchallenges, kills, taking the easy challenges? Shocked Laughing

No worries, Sir. Just tying a tin can to your tail and watching you run in circles trying to pull it off. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Delarquan comedy, y'see!


Well, shucks. A little tail is good for both Delarqs and Andorians, wouldn't you say? Laughing

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Sep 13, 2005
Posts: 753
Location: Shadowspire, Mordant, Aruak City

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The tail-chasing Consortium wrote:
Well, shucks. A little tail is good for both Delarqs and Andorians, wouldn't you say? Laughing


Absolutely Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Finally, there is common ground for the two sides to start a dialog to improve relations. Wink Cool Very Happy Smile Laughing

_________________
Lord Xiang
Delarquan Loyalist;
Shadowspire (81), Telorinthe (83), Aruak City (11)-somebody has to give the Andorians acid reflux!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 09, 2005
Posts: 486
Location: Surface of the Sun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The tail-chasing Consortium wrote:
Well, shucks. A little tail is good for both Delarqs and Andorians, wouldn't you say? Laughing


Absolutely Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Finally, there is common ground for the two sides to start a dialog to improve relations. Wink Cool Very Happy Smile Laughing


Nah, we'd just start taking the tail, while the Andorians whine about it Wink

At least the festivities in Aurak are brisk but respectful Exclamation

_________________
J.G. Wellington
Abstract - 1, 36

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8819
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
The tail-chasing Consortium wrote:
Well, shucks. A little tail is good for both Delarqs and Andorians, wouldn't you say? Laughing


Absolutely Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Finally, there is common ground for the two sides to start a dialog to improve relations. Wink Cool Very Happy Smile Laughing


Nah, we'd just start taking the tail, while the Andorians whine about it Wink

At least the festivities in Aurak are brisk but respectful Exclamation


It is probably more likely that the Andorians will have gotten tired of all the tail, before the Delarqs find their first.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 09, 2005
Posts: 486
Location: Surface of the Sun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wayne,
I must say I loved the personal add to me in Aurak... I got a BIG laugh at that one.

I did have free time last week to send last minute PA's to Mordant, but didn't get into Aurak in time... I will have to say something this newsletter.

Brandon

_________________
J.G. Wellington
Abstract - 1, 36

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Posts: 8819
Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Wayne,
I must say I loved the personal add to me in Aurak... I got a BIG laugh at that one.

I did have free time last week to send last minute PA's to Mordant, but didn't get into Aurak in time... I will have to say something this newsletter.

Brandon


That Kennelworth can be quite the riot for an old codger!

Just wanted you to know you are not "forgotten". Thanks for competing there. You add much to the Heart & Soul Of Andoria.

_________________
Ye Old Consortium Scribe & Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014
1000 ADM graduates (with 40+ manager IDs) including 105K+ fights and 68K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1000+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @1518*; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1460; Lenpros DM30 @ 1424; Fandils @ 1336
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Aug 12, 2003
Posts: 1274
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeahyeahyeah...!!!

_________________
Steve (Adie/Tankesh)
respect: noun. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
transitive verb. To avoid violation of or interference with.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo Messenger
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 09, 2005
Posts: 486
Location: Surface of the Sun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:
Wayne,
I must say I loved the personal add to me in Aurak... I got a BIG laugh at that one.

I did have free time last week to send last minute PA's to Mordant, but didn't get into Aurak in time... I will have to say something this newsletter.

Brandon


That Kennelworth can be quite the riot for an old codger!

Just wanted you to know you are not "forgotten". Thanks for competing there. You add much to the Heart & Soul Of Andoria.


Why thank you! I actually appreciate the Andorian tactics of letting me win so many fights (even though I'm still saying OUCH after reading the fight with BlueEyes). It was all my grand plan. Come in saying I'm a killer and then proceed to use the Andorian tactics against the very same managers that adhere to the 'triple H' code.

Honestly, I feel lucky to be where I'm at record wise and I'm not expecting it to last. Of course I'm not going to challenge or avoid for a while since that's what has been happening lately... just not enough time to put the research in to making challenges or proper avoids.

Time will be available to me now that the different crisis' have passed personally. But challenges/avoids? Nah, I might still stay away from them...

Anyways, I wasn't worried about anyone saying anything to me when I entered. Wasn't it the tactics of the Auraki managers to ignore the first wave of "invaders" a while back? Wink

_________________
J.G. Wellington
Abstract - 1, 36

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Posts: 1033
Location: Northern California

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All this talk about Aruak has made me end my 20 year hiatus and head back to the sand with Dire Fate. It seems like a lot of colorful personalities have surfaced since then, such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang. Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.

I'm even checking out my other old stomping grounds, like Arkers (Dead for Hire), Jhans (House of Rats), Lyratilan (Fantasia Isle) and Chimlevtal (Voodoo Zoo - just took top team on my first day back despite two of my warriors getting clobbered for having broken weapons with no back-ups. Note to self: buy a dagger and crutches).

Hopefully the game hasn't changed much.

~ SwineTiger
Manager of the Institute of Wreckology collective
View user's profileSend private message
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: Mar 12, 2003
Posts: 971
Location: Bay Area, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
All this talk about Aruak has made me end my 20 year hiatus and head back to the sand with Dire Fate. It seems like a lot of colorful personalities have surfaced since then, such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang. Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.

I'm even checking out my other old stomping grounds, like Arkers (Dead for Hire), Jhans (House of Rats), Lyratilan (Fantasia Isle) and Chimlevtal (Voodoo Zoo - just took top team on my first day back despite two of my warriors getting clobbered for having broken weapons with no back-ups. Note to self: buy a dagger and crutches).

Hopefully the game hasn't changed much.

~ SwineTiger
Manager of the Institute of Wreckology collective


Welcome back to the game!

_________________
--Travis
The Sentinel
<=======|-- --|=======>
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Posts: 421
Location: Polaris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anyone tell me who are the "Andorian" managers of today?

What managers are, without a doubt, Andorian and proudly proclaim it?

Just curious.

_________________
Raoul the Rude
"Harbinger of Woe"
The Council of Lords

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
View user's profileSend private message
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster


Joined: Sep 05, 2005
Posts: 1316

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang.


Can't miss the opportunity to rib my friend who has been playing this game for a while. Unfortunately, like myself, he's taken a little time off and has just returned to the DM2 world! What a new kid he is, that Lord Xiang! Wink

SwineTiger wrote:
Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.


My antique warriors have done very well, but the newer styles of working up warriors does help. It has expanded my ideas on what to do with certain rollups instead of certainly DAing them. It will be nice to see new blood in Aurak soon. BTW, are you an Andorian or a Delarquian? There is a little 'invasion' by Delarquian manaagers which is not as vicious as the first invasion. Call it a show of force. Evil or Very Mad

SwineTiger wrote:
I'm even checking out my other old stomping grounds, like Arkers (Dead for Hire), Jhans (House of Rats), Lyratilan (Fantasia Isle) and Chimlevtal (Voodoo Zoo - just took top team on my first day back despite two of my warriors getting clobbered for having broken weapons with no back-ups. Note to self: buy a dagger and crutches).

Hopefully the game hasn't changed much.

~ SwineTiger
Manager of the Institute of Wreckology collective


It will be nice to see some blood pumped into Jhans, which I consider my true home arena even though I've stopped running my team there in consideration of supporting the alliances home arena and birthplace of dueling, Mordant. Feel free to drop a team in there, and in fact the Olympiad is starting this turn after the Mail In tourney and we might not mind another contestant in the fray, even if you are announced late and have to scramble to get a team in there.

Hope to see you around the land of Alastari. I also hope you are an old school RP guy that can liven up the arena. If you are into the writing I'd say go to Mordant, Aurak City, Chimetval, and I'm sure alot of managers will suggest a few other arenas that have 'life' to them.

Joseph G. Wellington, aka JGW
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::