New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Aruak City
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We can assure you that Adie and crew challenge us and we challenge them. Now that WAS a different story during the invasion, of course. We have zero "no challenge" relationships in Aruak City.

It could be that you see few challenges from us to them because we have extreme difficulties winning against her/his teams.

Never said there was a "no challenge" thingy. Just that it makes sense to beat on the 'rival gang' more than your 'homeboys'. Twisted Evil

You have a tough time against Adie/Tankesh? Kinda like I have against you, eh? Now THAT I believe. Taking the 'easy' challenges, tho, is more of a 'Larq trait, dontcha think? At least according to the Andorian crowd.

Are you SURE the Consortium isn't a Delarquan outfit? Downchallenges, kills, taking the easy challenges? Shocked Laughing

No worries, Sir. Just tying a tin can to your tail and watching you run in circles trying to pull it off. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Delarquan comedy, y'see!

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Obviously someone doesn't know the blessings of living in a bayou... all the life the water brings. Wink

Yeah, lots of mosquitos, malaria, west nile... ugh!!

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We can assure you that Adie and crew challenge us and we challenge them. Now that WAS a different story during the invasion, of course. We have zero "no challenge" relationships in Aruak City.

It could be that you see few challenges from us to them because we have extreme difficulties winning against her/his teams.

Now THAT is a compliment! Thank you. I do have had a tendency to design my warriors with the expectation they'll be facing a lot of Consortium warriors.

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

Never said there was a "no challenge" thingy. Just that it makes sense to beat on the 'rival gang' more than your 'homeboys'. Twisted Evil

You have a tough time against Adie/Tankesh? Kinda like I have against you, eh? Now THAT I believe. Taking the 'easy' challenges, tho, is more of a 'Larq trait, dontcha think? At least according to the Andorian crowd.

Are you SURE the Consortium isn't a Delarquan outfit? Downchallenges, kills, taking the easy challenges? Shocked Laughing

No worries, Sir. Just tying a tin can to your tail and watching you run in circles trying to pull it off. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Delarquan comedy, y'see!

Well, shucks. A little tail is good for both Delarqs and Andorians, wouldn't you say? Laughing

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The tail-chasing Consortium wrote:
Well, shucks. A little tail is good for both Delarqs and Andorians, wouldn't you say? Laughing

Absolutely Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Finally, there is common ground for the two sides to start a dialog to improve relations. Wink Cool Very Happy Smile Laughing

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:

Absolutely Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Finally, there is common ground for the two sides to start a dialog to improve relations. Wink Cool Very Happy Smile Laughing

Nah, we'd just start taking the tail, while the Andorians whine about it Wink

At least the festivities in Aurak are brisk but respectful Exclamation

Member of Amicitia Primoris

Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:

Nah, we'd just start taking the tail, while the Andorians whine about it Wink

At least the festivities in Aurak are brisk but respectful Exclamation

It is probably more likely that the Andorians will have gotten tired of all the tail, before the Delarqs find their first.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wayne,
I must say I loved the personal add to me in Aurak... I got a BIG laugh at that one.

I did have free time last week to send last minute PA's to Mordant, but didn't get into Aurak in time... I will have to say something this newsletter.

Brandon

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LocoInArizona wrote:
Wayne,
I must say I loved the personal add to me in Aurak... I got a BIG laugh at that one.

I did have free time last week to send last minute PA's to Mordant, but didn't get into Aurak in time... I will have to say something this newsletter.

Brandon

That Kennelworth can be quite the riot for an old codger!

Just wanted you to know you are not "forgotten". Thanks for competing there. You add much to the Heart & Soul Of Andoria.

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeahyeahyeah...!!!

LocoInArizona
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
LocoInArizona wrote:
Wayne,

Brandon

That Kennelworth can be quite the riot for an old codger!

Just wanted you to know you are not "forgotten". Thanks for competing there. You add much to the Heart & Soul Of Andoria.

Why thank you! I actually appreciate the Andorian tactics of letting me win so many fights (even though I'm still saying OUCH after reading the fight with BlueEyes). It was all my grand plan. Come in saying I'm a killer and then proceed to use the Andorian tactics against the very same managers that adhere to the 'triple H' code.

Honestly, I feel lucky to be where I'm at record wise and I'm not expecting it to last. Of course I'm not going to challenge or avoid for a while since that's what has been happening lately... just not enough time to put the research in to making challenges or proper avoids.

Time will be available to me now that the different crisis' have passed personally. But challenges/avoids? Nah, I might still stay away from them...

Anyways, I wasn't worried about anyone saying anything to me when I entered. Wasn't it the tactics of the Auraki managers to ignore the first wave of "invaders" a while back? Wink

SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All this talk about Aruak has made me end my 20 year hiatus and head back to the sand with Dire Fate. It seems like a lot of colorful personalities have surfaced since then, such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang. Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.

I'm even checking out my other old stomping grounds, like Arkers (Dead for Hire), Jhans (House of Rats), Lyratilan (Fantasia Isle) and Chimlevtal (Voodoo Zoo - just took top team on my first day back despite two of my warriors getting clobbered for having broken weapons with no back-ups. Note to self: buy a dagger and crutches).

Hopefully the game hasn't changed much.

~ SwineTiger
Manager of the Institute of Wreckology collective
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
All this talk about Aruak has made me end my 20 year hiatus and head back to the sand with Dire Fate. It seems like a lot of colorful personalities have surfaced since then, such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang. Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.

I'm even checking out my other old stomping grounds, like Arkers (Dead for Hire), Jhans (House of Rats), Lyratilan (Fantasia Isle) and Chimlevtal (Voodoo Zoo - just took top team on my first day back despite two of my warriors getting clobbered for having broken weapons with no back-ups. Note to self: buy a dagger and crutches).

~ SwineTiger

Welcome back to the game!

RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anyone tell me who are the "Andorian" managers of today?

What managers are, without a doubt, Andorian and proudly proclaim it?

Just curious.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang.

Can't miss the opportunity to rib my friend who has been playing this game for a while. Unfortunately, like myself, he's taken a little time off and has just returned to the DM2 world! What a new kid he is, that Lord Xiang! Wink

SwineTiger wrote:
Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.

My antique warriors have done very well, but the newer styles of working up warriors does help. It has expanded my ideas on what to do with certain rollups instead of certainly DAing them. It will be nice to see new blood in Aurak soon. BTW, are you an Andorian or a Delarquian? There is a little 'invasion' by Delarquian manaagers which is not as vicious as the first invasion. Call it a show of force. Evil or Very Mad

SwineTiger wrote:

~ SwineTiger

It will be nice to see some blood pumped into Jhans, which I consider my true home arena even though I've stopped running my team there in consideration of supporting the alliances home arena and birthplace of dueling, Mordant. Feel free to drop a team in there, and in fact the Olympiad is starting this turn after the Mail In tourney and we might not mind another contestant in the fray, even if you are announced late and have to scramble to get a team in there.

Hope to see you around the land of Alastari. I also hope you are an old school RP guy that can liven up the arena. If you are into the writing I'd say go to Mordant, Aurak City, Chimetval, and I'm sure alot of managers will suggest a few other arenas that have 'life' to them.

Joseph G. Wellington, aka JGW
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic