New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104512

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Aruak City
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In case, it's not obvious, I'm an Andorian.
SwineTiger
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I Andorian or a Delarquian? From the looks of it, I'm Lamenamian, but it was a different time back then...at least for me it was. In terms of RP, I like to sling a little slang, but I'm not the long winded type. Of course, it all depends if I make a good comeback. Success = snide comments, failure = not so much banter. Sadly, after my Chimlevtal debut this month, I realized a lot of things I would change about my other warriors that I sent into the other four arenas, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to call in strategy changes, so it might take a turn or two to get the old flow back. Now if only I can figure out what this Consortium thing is - sounds like a food court.

SwineTiger
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
Now if only I can figure out what this Consortium thing is - sounds like a food court.

SwineTiger

OMG, that is the best description I could have ever thought of him. Different flavors in different places.

The Consortium is a mad, multiple-manager personality that takes on different forms around all of Alastari... make sure to look up Mino, Kennelworth, and Purple People Eater in Aurak. Those are the three personalities within the city. Kinda like schitzophrenia, but without the medications Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

There are several managers that have strat sheets on a word format which can definately help you when getting crunched for time. Of course you can stay archaic like I do and hand write everything out...

BTW, I'll sell you a dagger for five dollars... lol

JGW
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SwineTiger wrote:
All this talk about Aruak has made me end my 20 year hiatus and head back to the sand with Dire Fate. It seems like a lot of colorful personalities have surfaced since then, such as talented new kids like Lord Xiang. Hopefully it won't take too long to remove the rust from my geriatric stables and rejoin the competitive and verbal fray.

I'm even checking out my other old stomping grounds, like Arkers (Dead for Hire), Jhans (House of Rats), Lyratilan (Fantasia Isle) and Chimlevtal (Voodoo Zoo - just took top team on my first day back despite two of my warriors getting clobbered for having broken weapons with no back-ups. Note to self: buy a dagger and crutches).

Hopefully the game hasn't changed much.

~ SwineTiger
Manager of the Institute of Wreckology collective

Glad to have you back on the sands! Whether it is Kennelworth or Mino in Aruak City or Curator in Arkers, we are glad to have the good competition.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium?

By far, the bent is to Andorianism - from the old-time early Elders, like Curator in Arkers, Kennelworth in Aruak City, Fandil The Wise in The Arena Of The Red Sands, Lenpro in Iaye, etc.

Over the many, many years we have had 45+ managers in many arenas of all types, with most active at one time.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am Andorian.

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I consider myself Free Blades with strong Andorian ties. I will back the idea of playing with honor, consideration for one's opponent, and the Andorians ideal every time against the Delarquans.

JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is funny... I ask an unknown if he has affiliations and every Andorian comes out and says it again. Are you uneasy that your peers might question your allegance? Wink

Maybe it's the paranoia... Evil or Very Mad
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
This is funny... I ask an unknown if he has affiliations and every Andorian comes out and says it again. Are you uneasy that your peers might question your allegance? Wink

Maybe it's the paranoia... Evil or Very Mad

You're gonna feel silly now...

Actually, if you look back in this thread you'll note that RTR asked straight out who considers themselves Andorian and people here are responding to that, not some paranoia initiated by your queries.

Sorry to deflate your sense of importance on this one... <grin>

Ultraist
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
I consider myself Free Blades with strong Andorian ties. I will back the idea of playing with honor, consideration for one's opponent, and the Andorians ideal every time against the Delarquans.

Racist! Wink

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has anyone ever seen any bickering, a tantrum or any blustering in Aruak City? Or does this just occur in Chimlevtal?
I'm glad I'm on my side of Ghea! Wink

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Has anyone ever seen any bickering, a tantrum or any blustering in Aruak City? Or does this just occur in Chimlevtal?

The Aruak stuff is all in the ads and in-character. You should clutter up the ads rather than the forums with all the good role-playing. It looks silly in the forums from my vantage, which is my main point from the other thread. You may be RPing, but I have a tendency to assume people don't in forums. That's my bias.

RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
RTR wrote:

The Aruak stuff is all in the ads and in-character. You should clutter up the ads rather than the forums with all the good role-playing. It looks silly in the forums from my vantage, which is my main point from the other thread. You may be RPing, but I have a tendency to assume people don't in forums. That's my bias.

3/4's of the forums IS clutter. Read this thread.

Most of the time I am NOT RPing on forums. I just talk to people the same way they talk to me. If your well liked, it is OK. If your not, people don't like it. From my vantage point, that is the way I see it.
Lighten up. I am starting see why Andorians get ripped for trying to have it both ways.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:

Of course there is bickering, tantruming, and blustering in Arual City. But there is more a sense of overall "collectiveness" that is not present in Chimlevtal. (Most drink it off at The Bulldog Inn.)

RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
RTR wrote:

Of course there is bickering, tantruming, and blustering in Arual City. But there is more a sense of overall "collectiveness" that is not present in Chimlevtal. (Most drink it off at The Bulldog Inn.)

Gotcha. Thanks.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic