New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104513

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn 11 - SPOILERS & CHEATING
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First line of the The Rules-
There are no challenges, avoids, bloodfeuds, or tourneys...

This turn:

CHAOS WARRIOR butchered GINNY WEASLEY in a 1 minute mismatched Bloodfeud fight.

Chaos Warrior is from Eye of the Storm, a contest team!

So sad that just 2 rounds from the finish someone had to blantantly break the rules and interfere in what had been a close contest for first. Congratulation on the win Kat. Too bad the a-hole managing Eye of the Storm had to taint it for you a little (although I suspect you would have won it had this not happen but now you got a 6 point lead instead of a 2-4 point lead).
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It appears that Blackstorm of Eye of the Strom just got himself disqualified. As Rillion said, it was a cheap shot - blatant or not - that puts a tarnish on not only the victory (if it turns out that way), but also on the memory and intent of the contest.

I've tried to look at it objectionably, but a blood-fued against the #2 team....and it being the only challenge....is rather circumspect.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I was really shocked to see that bloodfued. I don't know what Eye of the Storm was thinking. He had to have known since that was not the first time one of his warriors had died and he never bloodfueded before. Yet why get himself DQ'd from the contest when he was still in the running for a bonus potion for number of fights in the contest?
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never the less - it was a fine run.

Are you offering a concession speach? I mean, my 0-5 with 4 killed next turn - all to your team - could really upset things unnecessarly... Cool
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you can pull out a winning turn next time I'm going to have a hard time catching you. I'll be going for kills to try and get the roll-ups since the 1st place prize is almost moot for me (I'll be bring Oliver Wood, the warrior who I entered this contest to try and bring back, back next turn since he managed to TV the dead tourney).
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
First line of the The Rules-
There are no challenges, avoids, bloodfeuds, or tourneys...

This turn:

CHAOS WARRIOR butchered GINNY WEASLEY in a 1 minute mismatched Bloodfeud fight.

Chaos Warrior is from Eye of the Storm, a contest team!

So sad that just 2 rounds from the finish someone had to blantantly break the rules and interfere in what had been a close contest for first. Congratulation on the win Kat. Too bad the a-hole managing Eye of the Storm had to taint it for you a little (although I suspect you would have won it had this not happen but now you got a 6 point lead instead of a 2-4 point lead).

I saw the BF death looking at the newsletter this morning, but didn't realize right away it was a contestant that did it.

You have every right to be supremely ticked. It's a pretty piss poor, dispicable way to end a year's worth of gaming, illegally affecting the outcome and besmirching the name of the good manager in whose name it's been held.

I assume Street will be announcing the DQ publicly soon? I doubt we'll be hearing from the perpetrator on this forum any time soon.

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, my first thought too when I read the this week's fight section was, "darn, I did not realize I killed a non-contestant's warrior last turn, I should have at least tried to avoid". Then I read the score update from last and saw that not only were they a contest team, but an active contest team, still in the running for the # of fights concession award. That is when I got a little ticked. I'm pretty much over it now since Kat managed to have a good turn and the rest of my squad was a wash (2-2) which prevented me from keeping up with Kat anyway.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has Blackstorm even been writing personal ads? It seems like he hasn't been paying attention at all. Not that it doesn't suck for Rillion, but I'm tempted to lean towards apathy/ignorance over malicious intent.
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Has Blackstorm even been writing personal ads? It seems like he hasn't been paying attention at all. Not that it doesn't suck for Rillion, but I'm tempted to lean towards apathy/ignorance over malicious intent.

I was all prepared to go the 'apathy/ignorance' route also, until you realize that it was Blackstorm's ONLY challenge, and a bloodfeud at that.

I know Street doesn't have internet access right now (in fact, he submitted the last spotlight by handwritten message), and I think the grounds are prety well established that indeed,

Blackstorm is disqualified
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What gets me is the personal he writes for the same turn he pulls this stunt. It is copied/pasted from the NL below.

Vet/All -- Am I to understand that the mentioned teams have been up to no good? Some
cheating??? If that's the case for such good managers who have great records and
warriors then I am incredibly disappointed. If it were up to me, in the case of all
such incidents would be sanctioned by the removal of their teams' prizes, titles and
any ability to participate in future events. Cheating is dishonorable and goes
against most of what I believe in. -- Blackstorm
P.S. If I was mistaken, then I apologize to those three mentioned teams. If not--
stay away from me!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
What gets me is the personal he writes for the same turn he pulls this stunt. It is copied/pasted from the NL below.

Vet/All -- Am I to understand that the mentioned teams have been up to no good? Some
cheating??? If that's the case for such good managers who have great records and
warriors then I am incredibly disappointed. If it were up to me, in the case of all
such incidents would be sanctioned by the removal of their teams' prizes, titles and
P.S. If I was mistaken, then I apologize to those three mentioned teams. If not--
stay away from me!

He cuts me, Kat and Rillion down, then cheats the same turn he writes this drivel!!!

Think I just found myself some prey! We share several arenas.

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
Managerr wrote:

I was all prepared to go the 'apathy/ignorance' route also, until you realize that it was Blackstorm's ONLY challenge, and a bloodfeud at that.

I know Street doesn't have internet access right now (in fact, he submitted the last spotlight by handwritten message), and I think the grounds are prety well established that indeed,

Blackstorm is disqualified

We know that some of you guys are PO'd about this, and rightfully so.

We agree, disqualification, no matter what.

We cannot help but think, though, that it was a mistake - not an intentional move to disrupt or cheat - but rather a stupid, inappropriate, not-fully-thinking, disqualifying action. We certainly hope so.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it only fair that he be given a +1 for that warrior for that turn also. I know it sucks going into the final round without that warrior. Maybe if he doesn't run a 5th man on the final round give him the +1 for that turn also. I don't know the answer but giving someone -2 for a cheat is not the way to go. He should be given a win for that warrior this turn and the final.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:

stay away from me!

What was that even in reference to? I looked at the PAds the turn before and saw nothing about cheating.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
Maximillian wrote:

stay away from me!

What was that even in reference to? I looked at the PAds the turn before and saw nothing about cheating.

You have to go back to T-203. The Consortium manager known as "Vet" wrote a personal ad directed at Kat, Rillion and myself,(which I'm 99% sure was purely in jest) for making it a 3way lead in the contest. Obviously he failed to see the Consortiums sarcasm.

This was his personal.

We understand that Janix, Gryffindor, and Caress have been caught violating NCAA
requirements and given twelve month probations, including elimination from all
tournament participation. Too bad. We salute the NCAA. -- Vet, HOLD THAT TIGER
Manager

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel