New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - 11-4-11-17-9-10-8
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lucky
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was thinking 11-4-11-21-15-11-11 ST

Hope for Good damage, or train ST to get it. I checked the Bagman for 15 ST, 11 Size, and only 3% of those got Great damage, so seems like it isn't worth going for that.

Appreciate all your thoughts.

Thanks!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

11-4-11-17-9-10-8

I might go 13-4-11-21-9-15-11 ST. The concern about endurance might make me go with 11 ST/11 WL, so I could have a better chance to bump endurance with the WL. I got 2 TVs out of a 8-7-14-17-15-16-7 ST so you're design looks sound as well. My guy was ambi and was about +10 altogether, including -1 DEC.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, that's a good design. I know a few people who would go slasher but I always feel a little more confident picking striker with those low cons anyway. I also know people who would put the will points in deftness (up to 13 anyway) but your design works best to me.

I like starting with the 11 in strength and speed. It makes bad hosings unlikely and you can pick con or strength for the one raise if you need it for normal endurance (and/or good damage). I would expect this to be excellent (well heck, it's hard to suck with 21/15) and a pleasure to run for you for several years (um, don't overdo the KD in desperation but it shouldn't do much losing and that's a big plus for survival).

I did look for a lunger in there just in case, but I think you've got it right just like you have it.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't take the 15 ST/11 SZ at 3% as pure gospel. If you look at 15/11 it shows 3% normal,94% good, 3% great. If you check 14 ST/11 SZ it says 95% good and 5% great. It just depends on who has entered their info in the database. Still 15 ST is not necessary for this guy, unless you want the BA!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lucky,
I actually like him the way you made him.

I agree with Street Legal on ST %. I also agree with Gameogre regarding ST and SP. I'd say at least 11 DF also.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

11-4-11-17-9-10-8

I'd likely go 12-4-11-21-15-10-11 ST, although SL is an option. If you don't start with normal endurance and good damage, train ST once. (For the record, the 11 SP skills don't include decise, so adding a point there is, pardon the pun, pointless.)

And gameogre - why do you think slashers need con? They can't dodge anyway, so con or not they lose if they get attacked.

Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ichabod,
I hear you on the SP. I guess I going with the whole odd numbers rounding up. I think adding one to either ST or SP is pretty much a wash.

That 11 SP gives you an extra RIP Laughing
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And the extra ST has a major impact on your odds of getting normal as opposed to poor endurance. Hardly a wash, in my opinion.

Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have good succes with a 10 speed striker. I like the Striker that Icabod came up with.
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Half empty or half full?
It's all about the luck in the rollup.
Yes 12 should increase the chances.

Funny last time I didn't add speed to a striker people complained. Now I do and people still don't agree again.

I think either Striker would be pretty good. My Striker might have to train ST if he doesn't get lucky on endurance. One of my main reasons for making him a striker was because of endurance issues.

So does the " Frothingslosh " in your name mean you hate the MFers as much as I do?
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would put points on con..for a slasher... if I had some left to use.. They may not dodge but do have the ability to steal initiative. in fact they are very good at ini stealing without having to riposte...
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I shouldpreface by saying I would not add con to this rollup.. I would just add a bit of armor to try to prevent death.. and hopefully give it time to steal ini.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The active MF dislike mainly comes from our ex-DOOMCorps members. The rest of us consider the MF a bunch of whining crybabies, although Manray and The Biff do enjoy pushing their buttons. Then again, those two enjoy pushing anyone's buttons. *shrug*

Personally, I don't consider the MF crew worth wasting the time it would take to 'educate' them, especially as doing so would involve shutting down either my arena 7 contest team or my sentimental fave in 26.

Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"The rest of us consider the MF a bunch of whining crybabies"
Tell me about it. They've cried so much I can't even write personals to them anymore. My ads in 17 were stopped because Odin cried almost a whole page about me. I said screw it, if they’re gonna shut my ads down, I’ll shut my team down. If RSI wants to lose the $20 a month because of the MFers are pussies, so be it.

"Personally, I don't consider the MF crew worth wasting the time it would take to 'educate' them"
Yes, I've said that from time to time but I guess I'm like your buddies in the fact that I love pushing people's buttons.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah they talk tough. In the ZalCon contest in 74 I had a PR (had declared his style in the P-ads for one category) Jekyll downchallenges my guy. Now downchallenging is not going to touch me off usually. However, his warrior was, I believe, 6-5-1,33 points and my guy was 0-1-0,1 point. You can't get a much bigger mismatch than that, despite the 32 point downchallenge he had 10 FE on a 1 fight warrior. His PL blasted my PR and I haven't even gotten a challenge through on that warrior yet, 13 turns later. 11 FE might not mean as much after 15 fights but my guy was as green as it gets against his veteran. What a little beeeyotch he is.[/list]

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic