New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - You Andorians
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DeGotti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If somebody can name four more arenas that are active with personals outside of Judith and one other manager, I'd be surprised.

DM#46 Ardivent is lively with PA's and DM Columns. It is a small arena with only 5 active teams but 4 of the 5 write personals pretty much every turn. I would recommend the "Arena of the Red Sands" to anyone interested in a fun, competitive, small arena.

Scott
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There has been no DCing for a very long time, until this mishap. On that note, I did it twice.

1) I had the throne, so I DC'd to try and defend it, lost anyway. Confused

2) I DC'd Gregola. As sure as I am sitting here, it was by accident. I challenged him the turn prior to it and I guess it went through the turn after. I would have wrote a PA and said sorry, but as you know, I am lazy and don't write adds.
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ultraist wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:
One problem is so many people run maintenance and don't bother with ads, so...

That's not just an ADM problem. There are only a handful of Basic arenas that have personals as well. Other than Judith, I mean. Aruak City, Mordant, and Aradi are the only ones I am aware of that write. Then again, I am only active in a couple other Basic arenas, and dropping those soon, as well. I would also assume Chimlevtal is active as well, based on the amount of back and forth on the boards there is under that thread. Smile If somebody can name four more arenas that are active with personals outside of Judith and one other manager, I'd be surprised.

If it wasn't for internet groups, chat rooms and boards like this the arenas would be much more lively in the PA department. And banter between imaginary warriors gets harder each year as each of us get older. Not everyone has a whole village of personalities living in their head like the Consortium to draw from or the capacity to spill mindless dribble on the keyboard turn after turn like some cats do.

Good points. Ultraist hits it on the head though. Lots of people like that instant post here and take no time to add to the arena. (Why take the time to RP when you can get those RW shots off here)

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I might add that the state of boredom/apathy in ADM is what makes it so unappealing to me. I have hundreds of fights in the various arenas and accomplished my goals of taking the throne in every ADM arena I've been in (except Primus and Gateway, don't have the time/$$$/pipeline) but the total "ho-hum" of it all just drives me from that game.
I've tried to liven it up where I've been, sponsoring an AB Challenge in Lirin Kiv and an all-out bare-handed-all-styles brawl in Crysalis, which was fun, but few seem to have the inclination to really work at making an ADM arena fun for the long run. Also, having your guys get matched up against guys with 40-50 more FE sucks. I was going to bring all my guys back to Crysalis this last turn and then some RW smack just made me think why bother?
Remember Ferd the Tower? The Bash and Glug? Didn't Darkholm have a news paper at one time? How about that spy reporter in Freeblades, what was his name, Zoris Karloff, he was really funny... remember when Doc Steele first showed up in Andorak? Anyway, those days might be long gone but they don't have to be. The subject of DCing in Andorak might get things jumping if players want to line up and make it an issue.

Good hunting!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:

That's not just an ADM problem. There are only a handful of Basic arenas that have personals as well. Other than Judith, I mean. Aruak City, Mordant, and Aradi are the only ones I am aware of that write. Then again, I am only active in a couple other Basic arenas, and dropping those soon, as well. I would also assume Chimlevtal is active as well, based on the amount of back and forth on the boards there is under that thread. Smile If somebody can name four more arenas that are active with personals outside of Judith and one other manager, I'd be surprised.

DM8, DM16, DM47, DM52,

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
Adie wrote:

DM8, DM16, DM47, DM52,

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, there is that. The turn has been updated and there he is again DCing me. Now I am going to DC anyone and everyone I see fit.

The reason I am posting this here and not doing a PA is I don't have the time nor the patience to wait for another 2 week turn around.
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
Well, there is that. The turn has been updated and there he is again DCing me. Now I am going to DC anyone and everyone I see fit.

The reason I am posting this here and not doing a PA is I don't have the time nor the patience to wait for another 2 week turn around.

Yup, DCing you. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Get used to it.

-Detective Kellumbo
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:

Yeah, good answer. Someone does you wrong so you figure that you'll do the same thing to everyone else. What a childish response. I'm not active in Andorak right now, but when I make it back there, feel free to downchallenge me if it helps you.

Papaiz
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you Andorian Mr. Sentinel?

I will, like I said before. It used to be that Andorians would patrol Andorian arenas. If they don't want to do that and fix the problems, then why should I be any different?
Andorians are growing weaker as time goes on.
Tit for Tat.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Papaiz wrote:
Are you Andorian Mr. Sentinel?

I will, like I said before. It used to be that Andorians would patrol Andorian arenas. If they don't want to do that and fix the problems, then why should I be any different?
Andorians are growing weaker as time goes on.
Tit for Tat.

Only those feeling that they are growing weak would accuse all of growing weak. There are definitely "places" where it is not treated weakly. One has to wonder that if a primary Andorian battle cry is don't kill/low KD, does it have the same value in ADM as DM?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Only those feeling that they are growing weak would accuse all of growing weak. There are definitely "places" where it is not treated weakly. One has to wonder that if a primary Andorian battle cry is don't kill/low KD, does it have the same value in ADM as DM?

From a purely doctrinal standpoint, it must hold the same, or what defines Andorians AS Andorians will become corrupt, and those that use double standards will be labled hypocrits and relegated to irrelevancy when it comes to ideological discussions.

From the gaming standpoint, it makes no difference, as warriors that die are returned to the stable to fight again.

The question then becomes, do Andorian managers care about being hypocrits? Those that don't care really should relabel themselves as Free Bladers with Andorian leanings. That will leave a smaller corps of Andorian managers, but they will be 'true' Andorians.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

From a purely doctrinal standpoint, it must hold the same, or what defines Andorians AS Andorians will become corrupt, and those that use double standards will be labled hypocrits and relegated to irrelevancy when it comes to ideological discussions.

From the gaming standpoint, it makes no difference, as warriors that die are returned to the stable to fight again.

The question then becomes, do Andorian managers care about being hypocrits? Those that don't care really should relabel themselves as Free Bladers with Andorian leanings. That will leave a smaller corps of Andorian managers, but they will be 'true' Andorians.

You are talking about "execution" - what an Andorian must do to be "true".
We were talking theory - simply how valuable a low KD/no kill really was in ADM.

Agreed it does not change the fact that principles are principles.

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Lord_Xiang wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

You are talking about "execution" - what an Andorian must do to be "true".
We were talking theory - simply how valuable a low KD/no kill really was in ADM.

Agreed it does not change the fact that principles are principles.

I appologize if I misread where the topic was heading. And I agree that the KD may have a higher relevancy to victory in ADM. However, back to the principles, if you are going to be running higher KDs, move to Talahya, Free Blades, Darkholm, or Chrysalis. Smile And re-label yourself a Free Blader with Andorian leanings. Razz

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel and Managerr... if you show up in Andorak and fill it up a bit more, I'll just have to join you. Too bad the Consortium doesn't do ADM.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic