New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Turn #1 results (T388)
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I think the censors went to sleep..... I about spewed my Coke when I saw the warrior NULN'S NUTSACK in my newsletter! I understand it has some sort of history in Aradi but I was still surprised that it got by the thought police!

as was i. Shocked Ed. takes the kid gloves off in 60.
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Rillion wrote:
Yep. Especially near the end of a TOGS they will go all out to make sure a FONZ team wins it.

Yeah, you know us. We're all about being organized and coordinated and stuff. We never have an actual "plan" and very rarely communicate even about who we are going to challenge. It's not our fault that you fell on your face with the legendary 0-10 in the final turn.

i think it's fair to say that we in the FONZ coordinate two things:

1) Making sure Manager loses as much as possible (and preferably in a painful manner)

2) We do coordinate at the end of TOGS' if a FONZite is in the running, just in a very informal, lackadaisical, non-alliance-ish way. in fact it's almost unrecognizable from any alliance like behavior.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
The 3 FONZ teams opened up at 1-2-3? How humiliating for the rest of us!

Humiliating?
Maybe there was some fixing?
After all, look who is running it?
Hmmmmm.

On the other hand, the rusults of Creepster's folk Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad SUCKED!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Managerr wrote:
The 3 FONZ teams opened up at 1-2-3? How humiliating for the rest of us!

Humiliating?
Maybe there was some fixing?
After all, look who is running it?
Hmmmmm.

On the other hand, the rusults of Creepster's folk Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad SUCKED!

Perhaps a FONZ-Commission non-alliance alliance? I did fair, but my partner did poorly. The Fix is in, I think.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
I think the censors went to sleep..... I about spewed my Coke when I saw the warrior NULN'S NUTSACK in my newsletter! I understand it has some sort of history in Aradi but I was still surprised that it got by the thought police!

You were not the only person to have a physically revolting reaction when reading that warrior's name. I was using my laptop, which was precariously balanced for my improper poster when lounging, and I laughed (a self-defense mechanism, as catatonia is more difficult to recover from) myself into knots. My laptop started sliding, and I barely caught it before it went 'boom' on the floor. This isn't a $300 Dell, either!

I gather that it escaped censure by explanation that it was a sack that Nuln used to carry nuts. However, that still does not truly clarify the situation, and it is still Nuln's Nutsack, no matter which way you want to neuter it. Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

We don't understand?
What is wrong with that topic - other than the Death Stud size of them?

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

1) Making sure Manager loses as much as possible (and preferably in a painful manner)

*Ahem* *Winningest TOGS manager in history* *Tied for 1st in the number of TOGS Titles*

Quote:
2) We do coordinate at the end of TOGS' if a FONZite is in the running, just in a very informal, lackadaisical, non-alliance-ish way. in fact it's almost unrecognizable from any alliance like behavior.

Aha! Now the un-shocking truth comes out!
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

*Ahem* *Winningest TOGS manager in history* *Tied for 1st in the number of TOGS Titles*

The game and TOGS has changed alot since the first TOGS in the way of focus and preparation, so that initial fluky TOGS win really isn't that meaningful. That's like comparing a TC from 1988 when anyone could accidentally fall into a tourney win to a TC from now. Or a Primus TC 8-10 years ago to today. Where's Olaf Bonesnap (or even White Dove) now? Apples and oranges, baby. Yeah, it's still a win, but what have you done for me lately? You sound like the Dark Circle trying to live on old accomplishments. In this game, you have to keep proving yourself (even if it means having Creepster carry you on his back <grin>).

nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

We don't understand?

bitterness does not become you, Creepy. Wink
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

don't puff up too big there! regarding the former, i'll have to double check that. as for the latter, BFD.

Quote:

Aha! Now the un-shocking truth comes out!

un-shocking indeed.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The game and TOGS has changed alot since the first TOGS in the way of focus and preparation, so that initial fluky TOGS win really isn't that meaningful.

Ah, but in our society we tend to reward the people who won things the first time. They were the pioneers. Richard Hatch is one of the most popular of Survivors. Kelly Clarkson is considered the best popular American Idol. A lot of people still revere Royce Gracie for winning UFC-1. TOGS would not be the contest it is today without it's former Champions!

So you'll young whippersnappers can go on with your 5 TVs and TCs and try to cruise to a TOGS title. I'll be in the old folks home polishing my old TOGS trophy and reminding you all how you should respect your elders and how hard it was to win TOGS in the old days.
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lord_Xiang wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

You were not the only person to have a physically revolting reaction when reading that warrior's name. I was using my laptop, which was precariously balanced for my improper poster when lounging, and I laughed (a self-defense mechanism, as catatonia is more difficult to recover from) myself into knots. My laptop started sliding, and I barely caught it before it went 'boom' on the floor. This isn't a $300 Dell, either!

I gather that it escaped censure by explanation that it was a sack that Nuln used to carry nuts. However, that still does not truly clarify the situation, and it is still Nuln's Nutsack, no matter which way you want to neuter it. Twisted Evil

Yeah, you should be *very* careful in the future when reading Snotman's spotlights/personals. I'm sure he's caused damage in the past. As for nutsacks, most people in Aradi have at least one, sometimes a few. They're very fashionable (at least after I got mine it seems), kinda like leg-warmers.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

We don't understand?

bitterness does not become you, Creepy. Wink

Yeserbester be bye biddly. Good best bitter. Ungawa!
Fornicaterificous Nulnlerooski!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

We don't understand?

In the now famous words of Terry Bradshaw (use his voice in your imagination):

Now that's funny!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Richard Hatch and Kelly Clarkson? You are kidding right? Just because you have a Richard Hatch poster doesn't mean the rest of American cares about him. He is the most hated of the Survivors. Now he's in jail somewhere listening to Sublime.

Kelly Clarkson is, well Kelly Clarkson. Please tell you don't actually own any of her music.

I'll take Ken Shamrock over any Gracie.

ps - Good luck in TOGS.

Me, I'm pulling for Indimar and Cyberpunk. If not them then one of the FONZ teams works for me.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic