New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Prizes
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I forgot about the Iron Manager award. Do we just send a note to Lee to get it?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
I forgot about the Iron Manager award. Do we just send a note to Lee to get it?

We, too, would like to know how this is done.

We would suggest a listing of winners ands "prizes" in the newsletter following the contests, and directions for collecting.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote (IM) next to those who are getting "Iron Manager" awards for reaching the agreed upon 54 of 60 fights in the contest. Janix(managed by KAT) and Gryffindor House2(managed by Rillion) got 2 +1 bonuses for their IM and top 3 finishes. Caress of Steel fell 1 fight short but came in 3rd place thus they got no IM. The overall finish was

1) Janix/KAT
2)Gryffindor House2/Rillion
3)Caress of Steel/Maximillian

Prizes are:

Janix: 1 ressurection potion;1 favorites knowledge; 2 +1 bonuses (IM)

Gryffindor House2: 1 favorites knowledge; 2 +1 bonuses (IM)

Caress of Steel: +1 bonus

Of Wolf and Man: +1 bonus(IM)

Sea Dogs: +1 bonus(IM)

Hold that Tiger: +1 bonus(IM)

Sparf!: +1 bonus(IM)

Steel Reign: +1 bonus(IM)

Millenium Metal: +1 bonus(IM)

Eye of the Storm:+1 bonus(IM)

It may not be a popular decision but I decided since we were willing to forgive Mannequin in the beginning for his mistake that we should be willing to forgive Blackstorm his 1 mistake, besides it was as much a participation award. I believe it's what Rich would have done, he was a forgiving man, and besides in the end it had no effect on the final scoring even if Rillion's dead warrior would have one and killed another warrior he would not have caught Kat and if he lost and was killed by another Maximillian would not have caught Rillion. Besides I believe it was an honest mistake. If you have issues I understand and take any criticism openly.

I hope to run this contest again some day, but it will not involve an entry except maybe like a TW or ToGS 1 RU to boost a prize pool. It would likely be a fast arena but it all depends on interest and what would work best for all.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have an issue with you giving him an IM prize, I just have an issue with you calling it an honest mistake.

He admits he knew the challenge was illegal yet did nothing to try to stop it from happening. Even if as he said he remembered right after he put the envelope in the mail, he could have contacted RSI and asked them to delete the challenge before the turn ran.
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Following the Battle Royal, I simply emailed lee and asked that my +1 bonus be applied to a certain skill area of a certain warrior. While I never received confirmation from her, the bonus was in fact placed, as I discovered during this last mail-in.

I would recommend doing the same for this contest.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
I don't have an issue with you giving him an IM prize, I just have an issue with you calling it an honest mistake.

He admits he knew the challenge was illegal yet did nothing to try to stop it from happening. Even if as he said he remembered right after he put the envelope in the mail, he could have contacted RSI and asked them to delete the challenge before the turn ran.

Duely noted. But perhaps, like myself, calling RSI just wasn't viable. Don't let my words fool you I'm probably nearly as pissed as you are that we almost had a clean contest save these 2 minor incidents. But I do truly applaud you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
But perhaps, like myself, calling RSI just wasn't viable.

If he can submit a turn he can "contact" RSI. I haven't called RSI in years, yet I contact them frequently.
BLACKSTORM

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry to all i am real new at this . i'm not even sure it will be printed but i had to try. it seems that i gave everyone a royal headache. i really did lose track of time thinking it was a ten turn affair. i apoligize to Rillion it was not personal(no really). i would also like to apoligize to all the rest of you as well i'm not a nasty person meaning to cause trouble or to mess everything up. the fact that i'm french has nothing to do about it, but i do apreciate those who took up defence. for the record i am not a new player by a longshot 16+ years by last count. if giving me the bonus for IM causes any problems then please hold it back i dont want it if everyone is PO'ed about it . thanks for the great tournament and may we all reassemble again someday,i'll be good! it was a mistake even if i didn't callRSI to nullify the challenge(lazy) i'm not sure when i'll be back this way but i'll try. good luck to all !!!!!

BLACKSTORM
BLACKSTORM

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry to all i am real new at this . i'm not even sure it will be printed but i had to try. it seems that i gave everyone a royal headache. i really did lose track of time thinking it was a ten turn affair. i apoligize to Rillion it was not personal(no really). i would also like to apoligize to all the rest of you as well i'm not a nasty person meaning to cause trouble or to mess everything up. the fact that i'm french has nothing to do about it, but i do apreciate those who took up defence. for the record i am not a new player by a longshot 16+ years by last count. if giving me the bonus for IM causes any problems then please hold it back i dont want it if everyone is PO'ed about it . thanks for the great tournament and may we all reassemble again someday,i'll be good! it was a mistake even if i didn't callRSI to nullify the challenge(lazy) i'm not sure when i'll be back this way but i'll try. good luck to all !!!!!

BLACKSTORM
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BLACKSTORM wrote:

BLACKSTORM

Blackstorm, thanks for posting an apology. I agree with Rillion on the opinion that you should still have been DQ'd. A mistake is a mistake, just because it occurred out of laziness or forgetfulness and not malice doesn't make it all right. But I'm fine with the moderator's decision. Hopefully if there is a future Slaughter challenge it can be avoided.
Good to see a veteran manager speaking up here, hope you post more in the future and stay involved!

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blackstorm,

Thank you for the apology. It is appreciated.

Rillion
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Blackstorm,

When I say I was probably almost as angry as Rillion it was not directed at you but the occurrence because it did make for a dilemna. I hope you note that I am in understanding that $#!t happens and sometimes I just cannot get back to RSI or am too tired or don't have the time to really truly bother at the moment. It was a blip on the radar and had no bearing on the outcome whatsoever, though it could have.

I encourage you to use the bonus as I would consider that everyone do as an honor to Rich. Whether you deem you have a warrior worth bothering to use it on consider it your last task in the challenge, one that those who got it fought it to the end in Rich's memory, and remember Rich everytime you see that warrior's sheet and you see your own hand written note that it had a +1 bonus potion applied to "X" skill area! He truly was a man of noted character though we never knew it until his life had passed us by!

That being said it will be fun to find a new rival alliance for the VC. I just hope this one can back up it's strong words as others have not!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello to all. I'm real glad we could all put this away. I also should tell you all a little about my managers persona, especially since i put out that all arena post out . do not take what i say too seriously i tend to be a hard competetor and sometimes have a big motormouth , but you guys are getting to know me , I'm a real nice guy in real life. i'm looking forewad to clashing steel over in 31, Max is real tough as are you all at the VC. see you soon.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:
hello to all. I'm real glad we could all put this away. I also should tell you all a little about my managers persona, especially since i put out that all arena post out . do not take what i say too seriously i tend to be a hard competetor and sometimes have a big motormouth , but you guys are getting to know me , I'm a real nice guy in real life. i'm looking forewad to clashing steel over in 31, Max is real tough as are you all at the VC. see you soon.

Let us comment that we have been competing with Blackstorm over the years in slow arenas and have found him to be a fine competitor, dependable arena-mate, and an interesting and valued ad writer. We have always enjoyed having him in arenas with us.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

blackstorm wrote:

Appearing in the DM35 newsletter - in an all arena ad

"3 May 2006
All -- I've seen what's on the forum. So I'm prey, am I, Max. You and all your devious buddies will become my prey, even those I thought okay. I don't have to explain anything I do, much like yourselves so bring it on. Feel free to come over to 31 for a thrashing. Oh, by the way, I am also in a new alliance. They tend to share my sentiments about the VC. If they follow me or not, we will see; I'm not at liberty to talk for them. The VC may be on their last stand!!!! -- Blackstorm

What exactly are your sentiments, Blackstorm? I don't recall ever addressing you directly, and Street has withstood a lot of counter-complaints to defend your right to keep the IM award. What led to the Hatfield/McCoy declaration in an all-arena posting two days before your, "Max is real tough as are you all at the VC" ccomments? At the rate the VC is obtaining enemies - you may have to stand in line...
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic