New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Civil War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doc did mention back in 11 a few turns ago that his daughter's stuff was precedent over DM2... that might be what has taken him from the world of Alastari.
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say that the Muffin Man has more than picked up the slack in the interim anyway. He is the current Battle Royale Champion as well. He's more than capable of carrying the Delarquan banner if he wants to.

Plus, I saw several of Neon's warriors in the tourney....
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After participating in ZC3, I'm in love with the idea of DA'ing the entire team on the first round. As fights only count between participating teams, RSI need not be hassled with reopening a closed arena. I love the level playing field that it offers and I am loathe to participate in many contests in the future that do not offer this option, unless I happen to have a presence in the arena already or the contest is more fun-oriented like TOGs.

Count me as undecided at the moment. However, were I to play, I would definitely represent the Delarquan Federation.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
The key here is going to be to get a good part of the top managers of the 3 federations involved.

'larqs: Muffin Man and Doc Steele

Free: Sentinel and ? (Rillion, Tig Toad,Rascally Rabbit and such I'm not real familiar with the better Free Bladers sorry)

Andorian: Manager and Consortium

I'm thinking like a BR style scoring but with some possible modifiers. Scoring matches are only against other declared fighters from a warring faction (can't be 2 Andorian warriors; nope 0 score) Let's hash this out, drag those lazy SOB mega managers into this and find out once and for all whose the best!

As to modifiers:
I was so far thinking, for the 'larqs, a kill is worth 2 points on top of 1 point for the win, to be balanced off by an extra half point for every successful BF (if you win all 4 BFs you cancel their extra 2 points)

For the Andorians: An extra point for an up challenge win where the upchallenge was at least 15 points, balanced off by the fact that the higher ranked warrior will win more than lose; this would be negated in the Ch. Champs where 15 points means nothing

For all: Winning a fight where you were down challenged by more than 10 gets you an extra point balanced by the fact that most DCers will win

For the Free Blades: Your neutrally aligned between the 2 and do as you wish so DO AS YOU WISH.

These are not to say that only a 'larq could get the 2 for a kill just an added scoring system for their style of play, as is the UC for Andorians.

Let's talk it out find the best recipe for a true decider of the regional champion and make it happen. C'mon TMM or TUM get Doc Steele on board and the chips will fall!!

I don't like the DA first turn for this for 2 reasons. 1) It's a war your going to scout your best warriors to bring to a war right?!? and B) This will happen, if it does, sometime after the fall mailer so everyone has PLENTY of time to roll teams in whatever arena, fight them in tourneys, and transfer them to Tobir to battle it out!

We think it would be unfair to pair Manager and The Consortium after looking at the initial results in TOGS.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
kungfusilas
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. Sounds like lots of fun.
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
We think it would be unfair to pair Manager and The Consortium after looking at the initial results in TOGS.

Ah, but it is recognized that you two are the most visible leaders of the Andorian managers. Are you saying that you would not stand a chance against the juggernauts from the Delarquan Federation? I would see where you would be reluctant. Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

Sounds quite fair for everyone else. I think it would just be the consortium representative who complained Laughing

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Well, we are still ahead of one of the two Delarquan teams!
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK to those who have called for the DA format would a compromise be in order to help get you in. I have a personal reason for it. I have a long term warrior project in 14 that I will not get rid of as the project has only just begun and it may be a 100 FE graduation type warrior.

How about at least 3 must be DA'd at the beginning. I think everyone can find a tourney team, with no arena fights, or a RU with at least 2 runnable warriors on it. That way your bringing your 2 best warriors, as I posted before you bring your best to war, and getting stuck with the rest. I'm still not sold on the DA first turn thing but I'm putting the feelers out there on how I can get the best, and the most, involved.

I agree TMM can carry the 'larq torch and even if we can't get a TUM there's always some others who can equal them (Ultraist;Suave)

Trip,
You read my mind I had the thought of the +.5 for somebody sitting a killer out I just hadn't decided I was going to put it forth. I am leaning towards it however.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="The Consortium
We think it would be unfair to pair Manager and The Consortium after looking at the initial results in TOGS.[/quote]

Yes it would be unfiar to hadnicap the Andorian contingent with you two now wouldnt it?

Ghoti - the undecided

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghoti wrote:
[quote="The Consortium

Yes it would be unfiar to hadnicap the Andorian contingent with you two now wouldnt it?

Ghoti - the undecided[/quote]

Quite!

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Ghoti wrote:
[quote="The Consortium

Ghoti - the undecided

Quite![/quote]

And we expected so much more of you..

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
OK to those who have called for the DA format would a compromise be in order to help get you in. I have a personal reason for it. I have a long term warrior project in 14 that I will not get rid of as the project has only just begun and it may be a 100 FE graduation type warrior.

How about at least 3 must be DA'd at the beginning. I think everyone can find a tourney team, with no arena fights, or a RU with at least 2 runnable warriors on it. That way your bringing your 2 best warriors, as I posted before you bring your best to war, and getting stuck with the rest. I'm still not sold on the DA first turn thing but I'm putting the feelers out there on how I can get the best, and the most, involved.

I agree TMM can carry the 'larq torch and even if we can't get a TUM there's always some others who can equal them (Ultraist;Suave)

I'd say then you need to transfer that warrior and team out... if faced with the same problem (and I am with Bio Warfare, who I am trying to graduate three warriors before the year ends) I would go the transfer route into 82.

I feel personally the DA off the bat gives the best 'even playing field' for those who would come into the contest, and doesn't benefit those with warriors with lots of FE. I would say this should be set on that even field since we are working to show who of the three groups are the best. Only way to do that is by the DA option first turn, but maybe do a ZalCon thing where you DA when you get in and then give enough time for warriors to be at 4FE for apprentices before the official scoring starts...

That's my $.02
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

I am up for whichever way brings in the highest quality of managers. If no DA is the way that you are going to go I am fine with that. I just prefer the DA method. If you are going to go with no DA, then let us know soon so we can get teams in there Wink I prefer either NO DA or TOTAL DA, not partial.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I am up for whichever way brings in the highest quality of managers.

Any "quality" manager shouldn't be afraid of a DA before the start option, imho.

Street, don't you have a lot of time to graduate your project before the start?
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic