New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Civil War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
What? That must be why the Free Blade team "came from behind" to win the last time. (Especially after the Andorian Team jumped out to a lead) I demand a recount!

Do you really want to be reminded again how badly you guys lost?!? Has all the punishment you are taking in the TOGS turned you into a masocist?
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
... And that is being nice, his posts and reactions show the VC will always go off the deep end if someone doesn't agree or follow them.

Not that anyone would tend towards generalities....eh?

In an attenpt to step above the controversy; it is a fair statement to say that there is the making of two contests in this.

1) A 'Regional Battle Royal' with the +1 point scoring in a 'first to 10-point' format - This can be well tailored to the -A, -D, -F format.

2) A 'Holy Crusades' with the Sergeants and Holy Warriors. - Can be well tailored into the (-A + -D) deciding to launch into, and overtake Lirith Kai (-LK + -F?)

Just an opinion.... However it seems painfully obvious that there's a lot of passion (read: interest) in the contest(s).

Lastly, we agree with The Consortium that the SLaughter Challenge was well run with relatively few discrepancies. Well done, Street!
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
RTR wrote:
... And that is being nice, his posts and reactions show the VC will always go off the deep end if someone doesn't agree or follow them.

Just telling it like it is. It appears I know the history of your alliance better than you.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can we stop the pissing contests and get back to finding a set of rules that everyone can agree on.

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Apex wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
If the implication of this post is "that the event will be shabby because Street is running it", then we think that is truly unfair. Street just recently organized and ran a fine, well-organized, well-communicated, well-controlled, minimal problem event in 54 in which we participated. (and finished middle-of-the road) Shocked We have every trust that if he did so again, the results would be repeated.

But clearly this whole thing is becoming too emotional and too immature for a bunch of old farts such as we.

I believe it's not neccesarily that as much as it's the, "We don't really want Street running it, because we want to do it a totally different way than he does. So we're going to take it over, let play who we want, and make it the arena that we want it in, and make it our own contest." And they have done an excellent job of it.

And I am far from taking the lead. This is Streets idea, and I back him 100%. I simply said that he's getting the shaft and I'll take no part in it. So much for your post about us VC having no loyalty or honor, huh? Razz

We made NO such post. Perhaps you are mighty confused?

His last comment was to me, but you would be correct that Apex is confused. And that is being nice, his posts and reactions show the VC will always go off the deep end if someone doesn't agree or follow them. It is nice you think street ran a good contest but he still comes off as a clown most of the time. I am sure some feel the same about me but I can back it up off these forums.

Apex -being loyal to street doesn't mean you have any honor. Wink

And after I've played nice for a year or so until LHI and Sentinel decided to unleash some sort of grudge on me. I'm not taking into the personal real world. Just leaving it here where it belongs. What's classier some Sociacrat logic like Clinton (I never had $#X with that woman) or Kerry (I voted for it before I voted against it) with his You changed the name, even thought the contest is the same so we can take it. Or pissing back at him and trying to regain control of what I've started. Both pretty immature but at least mine has integrity (to keep intact) behind it. He's just using some left-wing politburo propaganda like words to carry out his grudge rather than bury it.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Bosk
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
here is a serious suggestion: just ask Guardian what he wants to do and then everyone do it.

good suggestion!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"Est sularis oth mithas"
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
But if you continue I can promise you it's not for the good of the game and sadly, want to believe it or not, that was MY intent. Yours appears alot more self-serving.

Street_Legal wrote:
Yes Mr. "Bitter" Rillion there was some self-service to it but my honest intent was to give back

People have a difference of opinion here but that does not warrent you continually insulting those that do not agree with you by calling them self serving, selfish, etc.

I am not bitter about anything, just getting tired of your insults and abuse.

Yeah your list for revenge your constantly getting pissed off at the least little things in the game. Not bitter CHECK. Menopause?

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Bosk
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
since a member of the VC is running this, it is no surprise it has turned into one giant crapo sandwich.

Laughing

SO true!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"Est sularis oth mithas"
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
RTR wrote:

In an attenpt to step above the controversy; it is a fair statement to say that there is the making of two contests in this.

1) A 'Regional Battle Royal' with the +1 point scoring in a 'first to 10-point' format - This can be well tailored to the -A, -D, -F format.

2) A 'Holy Crusades' with the Sergeants and Holy Warriors. - Can be well tailored into the (-A + -D) deciding to launch into, and overtake Lirith Kai (-LK + -F?)

Just an opinion.... However it seems painfully obvious that there's a lot of passion (read: interest) in the contest(s).

Lastly, we agree with The Consortium that the SLaughter Challenge was well run with relatively few discrepancies. Well done, Street!

LHI can run the other if he wishes. But it appears mine will be the +1 for a win against a warring faction format as that's how the vote stands. He can run the other idea and prove my idea was correct as well if he wishes! I gratefully will release that contest to him!

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
LHI wrote:
Apex wrote:
LHI wrote:
Hey Apex, Don't let Street Legal get to you. He already dropped this contest and started something he is calling the Crusade in arena 14.

At this point Rillion will be scoring the Civil War and it will be going forward with the simplified rules that were posted before.

I personally hope that you will participate. It will make it more fun for everyone.

Street is running his contest in 14... maybe you could run in both?

I can run in every arena in the game if I want. It's a matter of principle. I agree with Street in this 100%. I feel that slowly, this entire thing has been railroaded away from him so others can run it the way they want. I feel like Sentinel's comment was totally out of line, and if that is the attitude that the majority of the managers posting here want to have, then I'm out. It's crap, it's pathetic, and I don't think it's right.

Would I like to participate? Yes, most certainly. Few things in this game would mean more to me that representing my affiliation in this. However, I won't take part in anything that has taken the pathetic turn that this has. Street, from DAY 1, wanted this in arena 14. He said he wanted it in arena 14. He never made the assertion that he would move it to a closed arena. That was made for him. He's taken the time to get this thing going, and because a few players that think they know what they're doing wanted it in a closed arena, then they attempt to hijack it and make it the way they want it, it's something I won't participate in.

Street is my friend. He's my alliance mate, and I stand by him in this. If certain players want to make this fiasco into their own little ideal, so be it. I will have nothing to do with it.

Street abandoned the contest... He wants to run the Crusade in 14. Its my understanding that he is no longer interested in running the Civil War. Others are picking up the torch where he left off. If he wants to run the Civil war then all he has to do is stand up and say "These are the rules for the Civil War".

I want to see the contest move forward so I am attempting to put the pieces back together along with others. If he wants to run this in any particular way then he just needs to speak up. He created a new thread for the contest he decided to run. He can run both in 14 concurrently if he wants I guess.

Come on dude you and I know both know you have the intelligence above that of a first grader so show it. I NEVER abandoned this contest EVER, even now. And I'll go through hell and high water to make sure that it's not taken from me. You can bet on that! I'm already contacting RSI about being barred from an arena as being against their policy and I'll be in YOUR contest F'ing it up and you can believe that 100%. Why? Because it was mine from the start and should still be. If you want to believe I ever abandoned this contest your a F'ing FOOL! Show me where on this post I abandoned it? I said it was a simple name change same contest. I can provide my proof you show yours!

You are classy with your F bombs. Nice Smile Ok, so, you are still running the Civil War and you are also running the Crusade. Can you please post the rules for the contests so that we can determine if we are interested in playing?

I tried using articulate speech when I said "No bait and switch it's the same contest just a different name more appropriate to the game's time line" but you didn't seem to understand that and said I dropped the contest. So I cut my IQ level in half (to a stunning 84) and spoke from that level to see if you could comprende! Do you understand now that I never dropped the contest or should I quarter my IQ to 42 and go from there for you to understand?

Thomas Jefferson
Woody
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

I tried using articulate speech when I said "No bait and switch it's the same contest just a different name more appropriate to the game's time line" but you didn't seem to understand that and said I dropped the contest. So I cut my IQ level in half (to a stunning 84) and spoke from that level to see if you could comprende! Do you understand now that I never dropped the contest or should I quarter my IQ to 42 and go from there for you to understand?

OH BOY!

I think another IQ argument is brewing!

(See string: "Become the warrior!!")
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Apex wrote:
Dude, quit being an ass.

I see. You and Street throw around insults and cuss at people yet I am being an ass for not agreeing with you. Got it.

I'm not cussing you for not agreeing, I'm cussing you for being an ass about the entire situation. That's all. Nothing else. Sorry you couldn't comprehend that.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Apex wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
If the implication of this post is "that the event will be shabby because Street is running it", then we think that is truly unfair. Street just recently organized and ran a fine, well-organized, well-communicated, well-controlled, minimal problem event in 54 in which we participated. (and finished middle-of-the road) Shocked We have every trust that if he did so again, the results would be repeated.

But clearly this whole thing is becoming too emotional and too immature for a bunch of old farts such as we.

I believe it's not neccesarily that as much as it's the, "We don't really want Street running it, because we want to do it a totally different way than he does. So we're going to take it over, let play who we want, and make it the arena that we want it in, and make it our own contest." And they have done an excellent job of it.

And I am far from taking the lead. This is Streets idea, and I back him 100%. I simply said that he's getting the shaft and I'll take no part in it. So much for your post about us VC having no loyalty or honor, huh? Razz

We made NO such post. Perhaps you are mighty confused?

His last comment was to me, but you would be correct that Apex is confused. And that is being nice, his posts and reactions show the VC will always go off the deep end if someone doesn't agree or follow them. It is nice you think street ran a good contest but he still comes off as a clown most of the time. I am sure some feel the same about me but I can back it up off these forums.

Apex -being loyal to street doesn't mean you have any honor. Wink

I can see the reaction the mighty COL would have if this thing would have happened to one of them. Wait, it wouldn't have. They're not that organized.

You, along with the other true clowns are the pots calling the kettle black. Arrogance breeds ignorance. And I think you and Bosk, along with several others here have mastered that fine art.

And to the Consortium, that comment was not directed towards you, I appologize for not specifically pointing out who I was talking to. The Consortium, above all here, has always and will always be a class act.
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woody wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

OH BOY!

I think another IQ argument is brewing!

(See string: "Become the warrior!!")

Apex vs Street Legal. Should be a real rip-snorter!

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
Rillion wrote:
Apex wrote:
Dude, quit being an ass.

I see. You and Street throw around insults and cuss at people yet I am being an ass for not agreeing with you. Got it.

I'm not cussing you for not agreeing, I'm cussing you for being an ass about the entire situation. That's all. Nothing else. Sorry you couldn't comprehend that.

there is the pot calling the kettle black.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic