New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Civil War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:

I can see the reaction the mighty COL would have if this thing would have happened to one of them. Wait, it wouldn't have. They're not that organized.

You, along with the other true clowns are the pots calling the kettle black. Arrogance breeds ignorance. And I think you and Bosk, along with several others here have mastered that fine art.

I suppose your cartel is more "organized" because you, what? live your entire lives through this game? We are quite organized in our home arena where we continue to smack around your alliance year after year. Them be the facts holmes. You sure talk alot for a guy who hasn't delivered squat.
Face it, you and your boy Street ARE clowns and on your best day both of you couldn't carry my strap.

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
And after I've played nice for a year or so until LHI and Sentinel decided to unleash some sort of grudge on me. I'm not taking into the personal real world. Just leaving it here where it belongs. What's classier some Sociacrat logic like Clinton (I never had $#X with that woman) or Kerry (I voted for it before I voted against it) with his You changed the name, even thought the contest is the same so we can take it. Or pissing back at him and trying to regain control of what I've started. Both pretty immature but at least mine has integrity (to keep intact) behind it. He's just using some left-wing politburo propaganda like words to carry out his grudge rather than bury it.

Any word on the rules yet? I would post another summation of the rules as they have been discussed but that would mean I have a grudge or am attempting to "steal" a contest. I just wanna know what Street Legal has chosen as a set of rules and I haven't seen that in 25 pages of posts.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Yeah your list for revenge your constantly getting pissed off at the least little things in the game. Not bitter CHECK. Menopause?

And your continual insults contribute to what and how?
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
I'm not cussing you for not agreeing, I'm cussing you for being an ass about the entire situation. That's all. Nothing else. Sorry you couldn't comprehend that.

You are right, I can not comprehend that because I do not see what continually insulting me gains you. Does it make you feel better to insult me? Do you think by insulting me that it will change my opinion? Change someone elses opinion? I can not comprehend why you and Street continue to insult those that do not agree with you. But I guess I must not have a high enough IQ to understand.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Apex wrote:
I'm not cussing you for not agreeing, I'm cussing you for being an ass about the entire situation. That's all. Nothing else. Sorry you couldn't comprehend that.

You are right, I can not comprehend that because I do not see what continually insulting me gains you. Does it make you feel better to insult me? Do you think by insulting me that it will change my opinion? Change someone elses opinion? I can not comprehend why you and Street continue to insult those that do not agree with you. But I guess I must not have a high enough IQ to understand.

No, I don't need to constantly insult you in order to raise my self esteem. As the wonderous Raoul will attest, I have no problems with my ego.

I have no chance of changing your mind. Sheep have little chance to make decisions on their own.

I'm not attempting to change anyone elses mind. I'm only stating what is true. And that is that several "megas" have decided they want to be the ones running this contest the way they see fit. Sure, Street can take score, do this and do that, but it'll be on their terms, their arena of choice, or he won't be in it at all. That has been made fairly clear.

And I'm not doubting your IQ. I assume that it's fairly high. It's your lack of seeing and accepting whats in front of you. You see what you want. You see it as Street over reacting and that he should be happy that you guys are allowing him to even attempt to participate in this contest. When it should be you that are happy that he took the time to get this thing started back up in the first place.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Apex wrote:

I can see the reaction the mighty COL would have if this thing would have happened to one of them. Wait, it wouldn't have. They're not that organized.

You, along with the other true clowns are the pots calling the kettle black. Arrogance breeds ignorance. And I think you and Bosk, along with several others here have mastered that fine art.

I suppose your cartel is more "organized" because you, what? live your entire lives through this game? We are quite organized in our home arena where we continue to smack around your alliance year after year. Them be the facts holmes. You sure talk alot for a guy who hasn't delivered squat.
Face it, you and your boy Street ARE clowns and on your best day both of you couldn't carry my strap.

And what do your "delivieries" come? Parcel Post?
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
Woody wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I tried using articulate speech when I said "No bait and switch it's the same contest just a different name more appropriate to the game's time line" but you didn't seem to understand that and said I dropped the contest. So I cut my IQ level in half (to a stunning 84) and spoke from that level to see if you could comprende! Do you understand now that I never dropped the contest or should I quarter my IQ to 42 and go from there for you to understand?

OH BOY!

I think another IQ argument is brewing!

(See string: "Become the warrior!!")

Apex vs Street Legal. Should be a real rip-snorter!

We could probably put on a damn good show.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
It's your lack of seeing and accepting whats in front of you. You see what you want. You see it as Street over reacting and that he should be happy that you guys are allowing him to even attempt to participate in this contest. When it should be you that are happy that he took the time to get this thing started back up in the first place.

Where have I ever expressed that I feel Street should be happy "us guys" are allowing him to even attempt to participate in this contest? Where I have said he is over reacting? I have said he is being insulting and I have shown where I thought he (and you) were being insulting. You are attributing words and thoughts to me that I have not expressed here and you have no way of knowing if I even hold.

I did say that he either needed to dictate the terms of the contest and see who wanted to play under those terms or if putting the terms of the contest out there for debate, suggestion, and consensus building he had to accept that the result might not be what he wanted (which I will admit could be very frustrating).

But fine, you can think or say whatever you want about me, I'm done here.
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
Apex wrote:
It's your lack of seeing and accepting whats in front of you. You see what you want. You see it as Street over reacting and that he should be happy that you guys are allowing him to even attempt to participate in this contest. When it should be you that are happy that he took the time to get this thing started back up in the first place.

Where have I ever expressed that I feel Street should be happy "us guys" are allowing him to even attempt to participate in this contest? Where I have said he is over reacting? I have said he is being insulting and I have shown where I thought he (and you) were being insulting. You are attributing words and thoughts to me that I have not expressed here and you have no way of knowing if I even hold.

I did say that he either needed to dictate the terms of the contest and see who wanted to play under those terms or if putting the terms of the contest out there for debate, suggestion, and consensus building he had to accept that the result might not be what he wanted (which I will admit could be very frustrating).

But fine, you can think or say whatever you want about me, I'm done here.

Have he and I been insulting? Yes, we have. Has he been insulted? Most certainly. More so that what he has done. Have you done it? I thought I remember seeing where you had. Maybe not. After 26 pages of pure SHIT, who knows.

How can he dictate terms when they ARE being dictated to him? Travis' comment was out of line, and was EXACTLY what he had been talking about all along. It wasn't the way he wanted to do it, it wasn't where he wanted to do it, so he wanted someone other than Street to, what was it he said, "take the reigns" of the contest and do it the way he wanted it. The "Civil War" contest was ripped out of his hands.

Do I appologize for anything I've said so far? Nope. Not one word. I stand behind my alliance mate. He's gotten to the point he isn't sure if Street Legal has a future at all in this game. The attitudes and actions of a few can and do dictate the ideas and ways of many. That is one reason he hasn't been posting a lot. He is so fed up with this crap, that he doesn't want to deal with it. And I don't blame him.

Like I said before. I doubt this contest will get off hte ground now. And if it does, I really do hope it blows up on itself. I hope that the arena is filled with baggers, non-participating members, and other things to drive EVERYONE in it nuts. And I really do think it will.
Kat
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<Center>Re-posting</Center>

Ok, I’ve made an attempt to summarize the agreed upon things thus far:

The contest was originally the brainchild of Polarius (who posted it on Sep 01, 2004)

It was re-invigorated by Street Legal on Sat May 06, 2006 (who started the Civil War thread)

LHI’s consensus of good ideas resulted in the generally agreed lay-out:

1. Closed Arena (or arena 14, if ALL current teams join, DA on turn-1, and follow the following rules:)
2. An even number of teams per faction worked out by the Faction Leaders
3. Turn 1 everyone DAs
4. No tourney participation allowed
5. Everyone prefixes their warrior with A-, F-, or D-
6. Each team gets 1 point for defeating a warrior from an opposing team
7. Fights against warriors on your team do not generate points in any situation
8. The team with the most points each turn gets a Battle Point (if there is a tie for the most points then no battle Points are accrued)
9. The first team to 10 Battle Points wins the war
10. Teams may remain in the War Zone (the area) or transfer to DM-82 or a slow arena at the completion of the contest.
11. Managers of teams on the winning side each receive a +1 bonus potion to be used on a warrior on their contest team (or ADM graduate thereof that fought and graduated during the contest.) This must be applied within a month of the conclusion of the contest and the team must have been active on the last turn of the contest.

TGG had some great ideas for initial invitation/ set-up:

1. Put out all arena add with rules and have all interested parties e-mail, diplo, phone whatever the regional sponsor (captain can be voted on later if wanted)
2. Have a cutoff date to join. On that date each sponsor tells how many teams they have.
3. If A-15 D-22 F-18 Then 15 would the max.
4. Have teams elect a captain and let people volunteer to run a partial team if need be to get numbers to 15(example) or just drop out if they decide they don’t want to play.
5. On a set date have your roster and have all teams join arena.
Then follow contest rules as agreed on.
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
RTR wrote:
Woody wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I tried using articulate speech when I said "No bait and switch it's the same contest just a different name more appropriate to the game's time line" but you didn't seem to understand that and said I dropped the contest. So I cut my IQ level in half (to a stunning 84) and spoke from that level to see if you could comprende! Do you understand now that I never dropped the contest or should I quarter my IQ to 42 and go from there for you to understand?

OH BOY!

I think another IQ argument is brewing!

(See string: "Become the warrior!!")

Apex vs Street Legal. Should be a real rip-snorter!

We could probably put on a damn good show.
I'll be Arenamaster!!! Laughing

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys.. its time to play nice in this thread. Please move any flames to PMs. Thanks.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
Hey guys.. its time to play nice in this thread. Please move any flames to PMs. Thanks.

Holy crap! It's a moderator sighting! I always thought they were the stuff of dreams and fairy tales. I'm almost speechless.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Visionst01
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kat wrote:
<Center>Re-posting</Center>

TGG had some great ideas for initial invitation/ set-up:

1. Put out all arena add with rules and have all interested parties e-mail, diplo, phone whatever the regional sponsor (captain can be voted on later if wanted)
2. Have a cutoff date to join. On that date each sponsor tells how many teams they have.
3. If A-15 D-22 F-18 Then 15 would the max.
4. Have teams elect a captain and let people volunteer to run a partial team if need be to get numbers to 15(example) or just drop out if they decide they don’t want to play.
5. On a set date have your roster and have all teams join arena.
Then follow contest rules as agreed on.

Just a thought and throwing this out there...

How about once the team limit is established. The people being bumped out, have the option of being able to put there team in. They would go in knowing they are not eligible for the prize at the end and there wins and loses do not count towards any teams totals.
They would count as the City militia/police, creating havoc on all sides.

Visionist

Active:
Mid Earth in DM 29 Lapur
Clan Longbeard in DM 81 Shadowspire
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

At this point I am going to pull my name from the list of Delarquan managers. I have some warriors I want to graduate from the arena who are quite young (one being a +12 LU with three more areas to find out bonuses/hoses). Once they graduate I will revisit the issue.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic