New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 22263

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Civil War
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
JGW wrote:
I can understand that fully Street. My team in question is my origional team and one is an origional warrior. I don't want to lose that one either, so I suggest we take up Ghoti's suggestion on the three other arenas. I would say we take a vote for the place of the civil war, or if you just want to delcare an arena for it, go ahead. I think Polarius just pulled an arena out of the hat to bolster arena play, but I could be mistaken.

You'll have the same issue in another arena. Street, can't you just transfer in an old, crappy team from closed arena that you can DA and leave your existing team intact, even if it has to go inactive?

I don't have any teams in closed arenas. My teams are all in 1,11,14,16,18,21,22,30,32,33,38,41,47,54,74,82.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
JGW wrote:
I can understand that fully Street. My team in question is my origional team and one is an origional warrior. I don't want to lose that one either, so I suggest we take up Ghoti's suggestion on the three other arenas. I would say we take a vote for the place of the civil war, or if you just want to delcare an arena for it, go ahead. I think Polarius just pulled an arena out of the hat to bolster arena play, but I could be mistaken.

You'll have the same issue in another arena. Street, can't you just transfer in an old, crappy team from closed arena that you can DA and leave your existing team intact, even if it has to go inactive?

I don't have any teams in closed arenas. My teams are all in 1,11,14,16,18,21,22,30,32,33,38,41,47,54,74,82.

Whatever, just don't let this issue hold up a good contest. Get a dispensation from RSI to move a different team or to let you just put a 2nd team in 14 that is going to get DA'd or get a team from someone (even me) that is in a closed arena currently.

TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
Whatever, just don't let this issue hold up a good contest. Get a dispensation from RSI to move a different team or to let you just put a 2nd team in 14 that is going to get DA'd or get a team from someone (even me) that is in a closed arena currently.

Yea they will more than likely allow you to transfer your current 14 team if the contest proves fruitful enough. I am sure you can talk them into it.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Assuming you're on the Andorian team, I'm sure the managers on that team will have crappy teams in closed arenas that they can give you.

What Sentinel said--it shouldn't stop you from running the contest. There's always a way around.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Assuming you're on the Andorian team, I'm sure the managers on that team will have crappy teams in closed arenas that they can give you.

What Sentinel said--it shouldn't stop you from running the contest. There's always a way around.

What about this for an "out there" idea. That is if I can get a "crappy team" from someone in a closed arena. All warrior RUs are 10-10-10-10-10-10-10 and you go from there. All replacements for death are the same. What would be the best length for the contest 10,12,13,20,26 turns?

Also since I'm kind of a known yet unknown commodity can some of you more known, and FtF attendees, put the feelers out and pressure some of the bigger names into committing. If I go to guys like Papa Bear, Guardian, TUM, and Muffin Man they're more likely to ignore my request than to say "yeah probably" but if a Manager or a Sentinel or some who have actually met them ask you have a decent chance to actually get a yes or no.

I'm still not sold on DAing more than 3 warriors but what about declaring a "Colonel" for each team who would score double the points? Every General has his lead warrior. I figure with at least 3 DAs it could be said "In pre-war skirmishes every General lost at least 60% of his forces before the actual Civil War broke out."

But I'm still open to the entire team being Da'ed but again I'm going to need another team. And I can't promise my pud wouldn't be continuing to fight, of course he'd never challenge, but I'd sit the rest of the team.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I am against the whole "everyone gets the same rollups" idea. If everyone were to just have to DA the entire team at the start it should be fine. Just don't score DA's as negative points during the contests. Score losses, wins and deaths against opponents ONLY. That way people can't cry foul if they get 3 wt/3 wl replacments. They can DA without worring about losing points. They won't score still, but at least you aren't penalizing someone for DAing.

Everyone starting with the same exact rollups is another type of contest entirely in my opinion and would have nothing to do with the Civil War concept. This should stick to its guns about being Andorian vs Delarq vs Free Blades. I think that would make it a fun contest.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have probable interest from The Muffin Man now we need some top Free Bladers to commit, and hopefully one more top level 'larq (TUM, Suave, Ultraist, Doc Steele Shocked ). Sentinel? Papa Bear? Guardian? Mannequin? We seem to have interest from Rascally Rabbit so that's 1 upper level Free Blader.

Also anyone have a team from a closed arena they're willing to give out if we decide to go with the full DA method?

Thomas Jefferson
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked TUM about it, and he said he would be interested.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
We have probable interest from The Muffin Man now we need some top Free Bladers to commit, and hopefully one more top level 'larq (TUM, Suave, Ultraist, Doc Steele Shocked ). Sentinel? Papa Bear? Guardian? Mannequin? We seem to have interest from Rascally Rabbit so that's 1 upper level Free Blader.

I've always considered myself a Delarquan. I primarily ran in Delarquan arenas and fought in Darkholm from its inception until the time I retired. However, most people seem to consider me a Free Blader (though I've never fought once in Free Blades); therefore, I will bow to the will of the people and be happy to represent Free Blades.

Mannequin
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Where do the Lirith Kai managers fall? Do managers like TigToad and Zalgor just get to be mercernaries and fight for the highest bidder?
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
We seem to have interest from Rascally Rabbit so that's 1 upper level Free Blader.

My prediction is that when you will look at the eventual teams from top to bottom, the Free Blades team will look the strongest on paper. They are like the BOB alliance--no one manager in the Top 6 or 7 in terms of tourney performance, but as an alliance, they are #1 or #2.
TMM
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How many teams will be representing each faction? Is there a hard cap or is it limited to how many people want to do it?
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You'd think there'd have to be a hard cap--seems like the fairest way. Last Civil War had 8 teams on each side (In some cases, teams were co-run by managers). That was with 4 regions though.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Where do the Lirith Kai managers fall? Do managers like TigToad and Zalgor just get to be mercernaries and fight for the highest bidder?

Their region was kind of folded into the Free Blades, perhaps annexed, so they could declare unhappiness with the Free Bladers, for RP, and declare for any side they wish. Really anybody could declare anywhere, Mannequin could go to his 'larq tendencies. I always viewed the Lirith Kai as more Andorian than anything. Tig was a defender in Aruak afterall!

The way I'm thinking of building the storyline is to piggyback on Polarius' idea. The 'larqs are set to invade the port town of Tobir; the Free Blades catching wind of this, and knowing the high value of this port town, have decided to launch their own attack in hopes of taking control of it for their own. They of course come to this decision, and this knowledge, from the 'larq and Andorians who had tried to recruit them into their camp for the attack. Almost a "Triple Axis" type situation where Mussolini turned on Germany.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
You'd think there'd have to be a hard cap--seems like the fairest way. Last Civil War had 8 teams on each side (In some cases, teams were co-run by managers). That was with 4 regions though.

I don't want to overlimit anyone from participation, or make them feel as if they are not deserving but it would be highly unfair to have 6 Andorians, 9 'larqs, and 15 Free Blades (for example). There would either have to be a modifier (12 'larqs and 6 each of the other two would mean the 'larqs total score is halved to equal the ratio) or there would be a team captain who would select from those interested by not only skill level but belief that they will fight it out to the end and not miss multiple turns.

Thanks for talking to TUM, TMM let's start trying to put together some teams and decide who would be the best captain to pick sides, that is if we get an extreme imbalance for one region. If we could get say 10 per side that would leave room for most everyone, if not everyone, to participate.

I will again need some assistance from some of you FtFers who have the ability to tug people into this who may be a bit apathetic! Oh and if we go with captains Manager and Consortium will have to roshambo each other for it! Who goes first Laughing

Thomas Jefferson
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic