New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - The Crusades
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok again just a more time-line appropriate name.

Contest WILL be in 14, a closed arena opening can still have outside teams appear so that's no real help!

2 possible rules sets:

A) +1 for a win

B)+1 for a win
+1 for a kill
+.5 for a BF (or if killer misses turn)
sergeant for each team gets +2 for a win
each faction will have a Holy Warrior named who will score +3 for a win
sergeant must remain after he is named until death when a new one can be named
holy warrior may be changed but will not take effect until after the announcement is made

Vote A or B majority takes it. Voting will end next Saturday!

Going off for a nice cool Coka and a smile (as suggested) and perhaps something more to relax Wink see you Monday!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I vote for A.

Not sure if it is the same most points wins 1 round format, if it is, I vote for that.

Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
sergeant for each team gets +2 for a win
each faction will have a Holy Warrior named who will score +3 for a win

Heh. The amusing thing is that I was going to make almost this exact suggestion as an alternative to multipliers (though my idea was +1/+3 respectively). No real point to this other than I found it amusing.

Quote:
Vote A or B majority takes it. Voting will end next Saturday!

I'll vote A.

Quote:
Going off for a nice cool Coka and a smile (as suggested) and perhaps something more to relax Wink see you Monday!

FYI, just to be on the safe side, I hope you didn't find my comments about the rules out of line. I don't really get the sense you did, but going back over what I wrote I can see how one might take it as being pushy. If I did offend, I appologize.

Known primarily for being a wise-ass
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire. - Unknown
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. -- Midnight Oil, The Power and the Passion
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MMMMMMM....I think I"ll choose...no not that one....MMMM....maybe....no,no that won't do....HHMMM....eenie meenie...A
Soultaker69
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry but you can remove me from the list.

GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vote A

Soultaker your resignation is not accepted, nor is Sams

TGG
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Vote A

Soultaker your resignation is not accepted, nor is Sams

TGG

If he wants to be like that, then so be it. I think everyone needs to relax, Soultaker included. Street has unwound a little, and now we're starting to see some good stuff floating up from everyone. The entire situation got out of hand, and cooler heads are now prevailing. But, if this is what he wants, and he's made up his mind, why should we stop him?
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

>> But, if this is what he wants, and he's made up his mind, why should we stop him?<<<

Because he's on my side and he and Sam are damn good managers...Thats WHY Very Happy

Corey/TGG
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
>> But, if this is what he wants, and he's made up his mind, why should we stop him?<<<

Because he's on my side and he and Sam are damn good managers...Thats WHY Very Happy

Corey/TGG

My point EXACTLY!!! See you are looking at it biased. In this day and age of political correctness and individual rights, if that is what he wants, then the rest of us be damned!!! And heaven forbid we make him feel "pressured" into doing something he doesn't want to. I mean, I'd hate to have the ACLU coming down on our forums for violating his civil rights and personal intergrity. If he wants to sit, we should pat him on the back and say, "we support you 100%!"

Damn, I never really knew my Poli-Sci would come in handy in DM. Very Happy
GreekGuy
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dude quit using big words. We are from Tennesse, We are supposed to be barefoot on our farms picking cotton or something. No one will believe you actually went to college unless it was to play football. People underestimating me becuase I'm from Tennessee is my only advantage in this game...dont ruin it.
Corey

Oh and I still vote A
Darque
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
My point EXACTLY!!! See you are looking at it biased. In this day and age of political correctness and individual rights, if that is what he wants, then the rest of us be damned!!! And heaven forbid we make him feel "pressured" into doing something he doesn't want to. I mean, I'd hate to have the ACLU coming down on our forums for violating his civil rights and personal intergrity. If he wants to sit, we should pat him on the back and say, "we support you 100%!"

I've been accused of many things, but political correctness has never been one of them.

So Soultaker and Sandman's personal rights and integrity are secondary to Free Blade domination of Andorians and 'Larqs.

AND, if it comes down to someone reliquinshing a spot to a better manager, I will do so without complaint if it strengthens the FB team. I do want to participate, so the other two sides need better recruitment speeches or pay offs or kool aid or whatever it is they do to get people to join them.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GreekGuy wrote:
Dude quit using big words. We are from Tennesse, We are supposed to be barefoot on our farms picking cotton or something. No one will believe you actually went to college unless it was to play football. People underestimating me becuase I'm from Tennessee is my only advantage in this game...dont ruin it.
Corey

Oh and I still vote A

Good point. We could be like Ultraist and actually admit they're from Kentucky. One things for sure, we might be labeled as hicks and rednecks, but at least in-breeding isn't brought up.

Hmmm....

Now that I think about it, that might be even more to our advantage. We could always move up to Scott County or Jellico and work across the border and say the same thing. People would HAVE to think we're morons to live in this state, but then go to work up there. Or even better, we could move to Grundy County and work over in Alabama. Now THAT would be the way to get your opponents to think you're an idiot. Very Happy
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Apex wrote:

I've been accused of many things, but political correctness has never been one of them.

So Soultaker and Sandman's personal rights and integrity are secondary to Free Blade domination of Andorians and 'Larqs.

AND, if it comes down to someone reliquinshing a spot to a better manager, I will do so without complaint if it strengthens the FB team. I do want to participate, so the other two sides need better recruitment speeches or pay offs or kool aid or whatever it is they do to get people to join them.

Speeches? Kool Aid? Surely you jest!! We just slice their throats if they don't join us. Smile Actually, I don't think we Larq's have any problems filling a roster. Keeping one might be harder, but we can get one together with little problem. Smile
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic