New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TOGS Turn #2
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Nothing will change this TOGS, but I'll add it to the suggestion list of ideas for improvement and we can consider it depending on how everyone feels about it.

No worries, I'm not looking for any retroactive changes. Jes' tawkin'. I also liked Lady E's suggestion about doubling spotlight points, an excellent idea.

Quit sucking up to Lady Elysian, it's embarassing to watch a grown Chaos Lord prostate himself like that in public. Or is the word "prostrate?" Either way, I don't like it...

One of thos "prost"-words does seem to go better with nutsack.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Nothing will change this TOGS, but I'll add it to the suggestion list of ideas for improvement and we can consider it depending on how everyone feels about it.

No worries, I'm not looking for any retroactive changes. Jes' tawkin'. I also liked Lady E's suggestion about doubling spotlight points, an excellent idea.

Quit sucking up to Lady Elysian, it's embarassing to watch a grown Chaos Lord prostate himself like that in public. Or is the word "prostrate?" Either way, I don't like it...

Gosh golly, nothing can be said around you without some ulterior motive being inferred. Very Happy Well, let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that I was sucking up to Lady E, what's not to like about that? You anti back-rub!?

ps i would consult your TOGS partner (if he's speaking to you [i noticed he wrote you a personal ad this turn]) or the Creepster for any prostate problems you might be having. i have no experience there, mon frer.

What!!!???
We, nor The Creepster, have any issues with Prostates - except that we are certainly and rapidly getting to the age where we seem to occasionally forget all the uses for same.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
Seraphim53 wrote:
I don't really know everyone well enough to be poignant and this is my first TOGS

You don't have to know them to talk trash about them. That is what makes TOGS and Aradi so great. The managers in there are easy-going and take everything with a grain of salt and have to be some of the funniest people on the planet.

Actually, the only good thing about not being in TOGS this time around is not fearing the reprisal of Nuln's sharp pen.

Easy-going? No way!
Seraphim, get your ass in gear! Pick out someone you don't know and lambast them. Rake 'em through the coals! Make them beg for mercy - truth or no truth. Pick on us. Pick on Nuln - he's easy. Pick on Sentinel - he's easiest. Soultaker is wide open. Have at ANYBODY! THIS IS TOGS!

Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

Gosh golly, nothing can be said around you without some ulterior motive being inferred. Very Happy Well, let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that I was sucking up to Lady E, what's not to like about that? You anti back-rub!?

ps i would consult your TOGS partner (if he's speaking to you [i noticed he wrote you a personal ad this turn]) or the Creepster for any prostate problems you might be having. i have no experience there, mon frer.

What!!!???
We, nor The Creepster, have any issues with Prostates - except that we are certainly and rapidly getting to the age where we seem to occasionally forget all the uses for same.

So, what exactly is your age? It has been suggested your as old as the hills. Wink

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

What!!!???

But I read it in the AFP.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

What!!!???

So, what exactly is your age? It has been suggested your as old as the hills. Wink

Yes, we are as old as the hills.
We and Papa Bear seem to be the great grandfathers of Duel.

nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:
nuln wrote:
Sentinel wrote:

What!!!???

*All* the uses?? What, do you use your prostate to washt he dishes too?
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nuln wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

What!!!???

*All* the uses?? What, do you use your prostate to washt he dishes too?

Note to self: Do not accept dinner invitation to eat at the Creepster's house...

Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If TOGS starts awarding spotlight points for quality, I won't be back. Why enter when you know you have zero chance as compared to the slim to none chance as it stands now!
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been proposed before. Quality is subjective--that's why it probably it will never get implemented. Even a voting system wouldn't work--there's no way that everyone can be trusted to not vote strategically. It would pretty much be the death of TOGS.
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rillion wrote:
If TOGS starts awarding spotlight points for quality, I won't be back. Why enter when you know you have zero chance as compared to the slim to none chance as it stands now!

I don't think anybody suggested that. All I was saying is they should be worth MORE points.
Rillion
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, I understood what you were saying. Right now you get points for quantity (meeting the minimum requirement) you proposed adding points for quality.

My self depreciating comment aside, Manager points out the biggest flaw in that idea, quality as defined by who? (or is it whom?). Us barely literate people would have an almost insurmountable handicap.
A Voice From The Shadows

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
OMG. This is truly entertaining reading... I might have to remember that Billy Ray comment Wink , and the KLK thing Twisted Evil ... you don't know what I'm talking about? GO READ THE NEWSLETTER!

I will definately be in next year for this gig. What a way to have fun for half a year.

Kudos to the participants and the writing.

What's that about the kLk? *ominous stare*
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I don't think anybody suggested that. All I was saying is they should be worth MORE points.

From the DM 60 newsletter:

Quote:
Maybe it could be an extra bonus to judge at
each turn the best three spotlights get an additional 15, 10, and 5 more points than
the 5 for writing 31 lines. Then you are really getting into a challenge mode. What
do you think? What would everyone think? You can even do the Oscars for best
spotlight...Best Entertainment Value, Best Comedy, Best Drama or Mystery, Best
Parody, Best Character Assassination story--whatever.... -- Lady E
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

From the DM 60 newsletter:

Quote:
Maybe it could be an extra bonus to judge at
each turn the best three spotlights get an additional 15, 10, and 5 more points than
the 5 for writing 31 lines. Then you are really getting into a challenge mode. What
do you think? What would everyone think? You can even do the Oscars for best
spotlight...Best Entertainment Value, Best Comedy, Best Drama or Mystery, Best
Parody, Best Character Assassination story--whatever.... -- Lady E

Oops, guess I didn't read her pesonal close enough. My thought was just to make it worth 10 pts or more across the board, steada the 5 it now is. I agree that any points awarded on subjectivity would be a sucky way to go.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic