New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1576

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Manager thinking of returning!!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That striker of his went 10-3 at the FTF, too, so the TP isn't the only thing to worry about. I can tell you that the TP's kill surprised the hell out of him - I saw the fight, and IIRC the TP had a whopping 5 KD that minute. It might have been 3, but I think it was 5.

Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I believe I've narrowed the compitition of possable arenas to my final 3 choices.

I used a method that I often refer to as "My method" to pick the 3 (basically I was looking at arena size, personal messages written in the arenas, and a few small things like fight total average per fighter, and common style of fighter in the arena)

Anyway since I'm sure no one cares, I'm gonna tell you anyway-

DM 6 Transel - Thanks to a personal invite by Saucy Jack.

Lucky number 7 Bonsur - I like the size, but I mostly threw out the results of "My Method" because I like the number 7.

And DM 62 Valamantis - Due to the amount of conversation, and the fact that it seems to be lacking aimed blows of any calibre. But mostly simply because there is no arena #77.

These will be my first residences. If I get lucky in my team RU's and start more than 3 I'll probably just throw a dart at the names, which I'll label from here on out as: "My Other Method"

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll see you in Valamantis. Good luck! I'd love to see some ABs show up.
saucyjack
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Coolness. I plan to run in Bonsur and Valamantis as well someday, in fact I was about to go to Bonsur and sit out my puds in ADM for a while to pay for it, but with Doc Steele talking about arena 11 I might just go there for a year or so to watch events unfold Smile
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh...when he posted that email about 'will all managers who want to tell me how to play in Aruak please send me their manager name and team', I could swear I heard a hammer beginning to drop.

saucyjack
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is that what that was? Smile
Elephant
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, when he asked for all managers to answer for his list, I was gonna respond to put me on his list.... List of manager who might actually join him in a killing spree. I'd love to see them try and run him out of town.
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not.
Gonna.
Happen.

From everything I've heard, that guy's rep is totally deserved.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All the more reason to come to Aruak and kill for the good side! For the challenge. Help slay the invaders and defend a peaceful but tenacious people!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The key is, aside from getting your clock cleaned by one (or more) of the best players in the game, that even if people poured in to make it a melee instead of a mugging it still results in the nature of the arena changing for the foreseeable future. And can you see Doc Steele ever retreating? At best he may get bored after a time....
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh Gameogre, you bring up an interesting point that I need to address.

You mentioned the key is getting your clock cleaned by one or more of the best players in the game. This is one of the reason I would like to participate, after all the more skilled your opponent the more skills you learn.

However a problem I have (aside from getting one very clean time piece) is that I have no Idea who's on what side.

I'd very much like to NOT piss off both sides (not that a newbie could really be a threat) but some alliance info might be usefull in this situation.

From the master of the squeeky, soapy, and freshly waxed grandfather clock.

Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh Gameogre, you bring up an interesting point that I need to address.

You mentioned the key is getting your clock cleaned by one or more of the best players in the game. This is one of the reason I would like to participate, after all the more skilled your opponent the more skills you learn.

However a problem I have (aside from getting one very clean time piece) is that I have no Idea who's on what side.

I'd very much like to NOT piss off both sides (not that a newbie could really be a threat) but some alliance info might be usefull in this situation.

From the master of the squeeky, soapy, and freshly waxed grandfather clock.

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well looks like it's time to empty the puds from my team and try for some good warriors. Be warned the RUGs in Aruak seem particularly cruel so expect death to be somewhat more unpleasant than usual here Exclamation

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Ichabod
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh, as you saw on the RT, I am already in Aruak and will be fighting the good fight. Of course, what I consider the good side may differ a bit from yours....

gameogre
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interestingly, I can see many sides in this one, Seraphim.

As a general comment, I don't care much for And. rules. I definately dislike the proposition that a newbie (or long away returner like me) can walk into it with no idea such a set of 'rules' (or whatever) exist when starting up and then have to decide whether to be bullied, run off or have that timepiece washing we talked about from multiple established teams. So there's that side. Which is probably included in some of those going in to upset the deal in 11.

On another side of it... If there were any way that you could be sure that those ending up in such arenas knew about them first, and so, intended to play that way (or purposely challenge the managers' right to insist on it) then I'd be all for letting them have at least a few arenas where they could all play whatever dang way they decided they liked best. More clearly stated, I'd be happy and on their side if there were three or so "official" Andorian rules arenas with plenty of warning before new people entered them. As it is, I can't decide who's being the bully here and who's standing up for the freedom to play the way of their choice. Probably it's a coin toss, with at least some "right" to each sides position.

I can't say I really think it will matter now. It was always
possible that after a big donnybrook many of the 11 'Slosher managers would have gotten bored or involved in other things and left. Which I believe would have resulted in the arena reverting to it's previous ways. But Doc Steele, now. Manager, who shows admiration for a very few individuals in the game, has called him the most ruthless player in duelmasters. My personal knowledge of him is nil, outside of the quality of some of his warriors that are well known and the length of time he's played. But every input you can get on the guy says that he just will not quit. So, while I can see this all being some fun (even for those with such formidable opponents coming in, the idea of standing in, even for the Big Ben hosing special, against Doc Steele is kind of an honor and the way I hear it Alphonso of the 'Sloshers is just almost, right about, as revered for his ability at the game) I can't see how they'll ever get 11 back to the way it was now. (Personally, I'd quietly start another team in a quiet Andorian backwater, like 46 for example, and set out to make that the new non-killing home while going for a frenzy of killing tactics in 11 as my senior no-con godlings graduated. What the actual arena 11 managers will do I can't guess.)

If I didn't already have more teams than I can fully concentrate on, I'd like to go mix it up with such a wild group of really good managers, too. But really, there's a limit to what you can gain depending on your own present level and this may be too many top notch guys to do me much good. So I'm probably better off with too many teams already. I'll see most of the 'Sloshers between 21, 26 and 28 anyway (with lots of other above average guys in those and others I'm already in) and when I'm feeling my oats someday I can get a bunch more of the non-sloshers by starting in 18. Kind of getting used to the level of competition before I try chewing on someone like Doc Steele's ankle I figure Laughing .
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic