New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104549

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Best Andorian Arenas
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Uh, you can't time for tourneys without the arenas.

I thought it was all about the tourney baby. No one seems to care about ADM, so run the tournaments and let the best man win. They can time that. How about close all the regional ADM arenas and put them in all one arena?

SS
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I thought it was all about the tourney baby. No one seems to care about ADM, so run the tournaments and let the best man win. They can time that. How about close all the regional ADM arenas and put them in all one arena?

Yes, but how are you going to time your warriors for the tourney without any arenas?

Why lose the income for the extra ADM regionals for no reason? In the case of ADM, it's cheaper to not consolidate.
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Managerr wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but how are you going to time your warriors for the tourney without any arenas?

Why lose the income for the extra ADM regionals for no reason? In the case of ADM, it's cheaper to not consolidate.

They rolled 107 into 103, and 108 into 102. I see way more activity in 100, 101, and 102 (obvious reasons) than in 104, 105, and 103 (which has probably the combined activity of 104 and 105).

The regional arenas are no longer used for their designed purpose (roleplay in ADM). ADM is ADM. What little roleplay remains is concentrated in Basic now. As for losing money on the combining? Doubtful. I know that when I ran in 100 and 101, and was hoping and praying that my 101 warriors would become only 100 as of each split. That would allow me to run an additional warrior each turn! ADM only needs three arenas: Home Guard, Talahya, and Primus.

If you want spice, I would support a return to the Home Guard induction/graduation rules, to help throw extra oomph into timing ADM tourney placement. Twisted Evil

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What little roleplay remains is concentrated in Basic now. As for losing money on the combining? Doubtful. I know that when I ran in 100 and 101, and was hoping and praying that my 101 warriors would become only 100 as of each split. That would allow me to run an additional warrior each turn!

You know that 101 warriors can still go to 100 right?

It's not just the turn costs that would be lower, but extra postage, printing, etc. They certainly wouldn't make any money from closing arenas. The reasons to close the basic arenas weren't financially driven either. Similarly, if you added all the in house hours spent in programming/debug caused by DM 82, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be a bigger pain than it was worth as well. You know there's problems when RSI is asking you to not put your warriors in DM 82 if you can help it.

Quote:
If you want spice, I would support a return to the Home Guard induction/graduation rules, to help throw extra oomph into timing ADM tourney placement. Twisted Evil

What do you mean? Did that ever stop?
Valamond
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it looks as though my timing was just a little off in respect to Arkers. My team RU arrived at RSI the day after the last turn ran and was not sent back to me this go round. I requested that my overviews be sent to me early so that I can get the team run this turn, but it may be two months before they are activated. Hopefully, I will be seeing you all sooner, rather than later.

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

Teams listed in Extra Info
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Valamond wrote:
Well it looks as though my timing was just a little off in respect to Arkers. My team RU arrived at RSI the day after the last turn ran and was not sent back to me this go round. I requested that my overviews be sent to me early so that I can get the team run this turn, but it may be two months before they are activated. Hopefully, I will be seeing you all sooner, rather than later.

These are old posts by the dates but just letting you all know that ACID FIRE HAMMERZ have been reactivated in Arkers!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer_Minister_of_War wrote:
Valamond wrote:

These are old posts by the dates but just letting you all know that ACID FIRE HAMMERZ have been reactivated in Arkers!

Both Curator (Smithsonian) and The Z Man (Z Gladiatorz) welcome you back. To the sands ....................

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Maximillian
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Valamond wrote:

Both Curator (Smithsonian) and The Z Man (Z Gladiatorz) welcome you back. To the sands ....................

The Badlanders also welcome you back, Acid Fire Hammerz and the Badlanders are sort of kinfolk.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."- Plato

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
Valamond wrote:

Glad to be Back!

Look for the first installment of ARKERS ASYLUM by Hammer the WordSmith next cycle!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Valamond wrote:

The Badlanders also welcome you back, Acid Fire Hammerz and the Badlanders are sort of kinfolk.

Inter Bred Cousins?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Valamond wrote:

Inter Bred Cousins?

Eeew! No, but I did spawn them all. I prefer to think of them as my children I adopted out.

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
Maximillian wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
Valamond wrote:

Inter Bred Cousins?

Eeew! No, but I did spawn them all. I prefer to think of them as my children I adopted out.

Do not even know what strategies they are running! Just had them reactivated to join in the fun! How long has it been?

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your last appearance in Arkers was T-254, so it was quite sometime ago, almost 2 years. Hopefully you stay alittle longer this time.

Northern Badlands
Canada eh!
Oh Those Romans
Rednecks
Natural B. Killers
What Gaul!
Isn't it Obvious
Caress of Steel
Vicious Vamps
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:
Your last appearance in Arkers was T-254, so it was quite sometime ago, almost 2 years. Hopefully you stay alittle longer this time.

That is the plan my friend . . . . . to see who gets graduated and who dies!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maximillian wrote:

That is the plan my friend . . . . . to see who gets graduated and who dies!

And the plan comes to fruition .............................
Saw you were in arkers this past turn. Welcome! The arena will be better because of it.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic