New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Olympics Round 3 T546
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Always enjoy reading about the controversies in these Delarquan events. Keep us all posted.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
One Armed Bandit
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Re: JGW's possible input error

I just wrote this really long winded response, but then I thought better of it.

For the record, Tripwire identified himself as having written the Guest post in the very next post.

Before I suck all the remaining fun out of Duelmasters with my game theory analysis of the situation, why don't we wait and see if RSI confirms the input error. In the past, I have discovered that it is far more likely for me to have mechanically filled out my strategy sheet wrong (like giving my LU a SC against heavy armor in the Rookie runoffs) than for RSI to make an input error.

At the end of the day, this shouldn't be a big deal. The Mordanti Olympics is almost entirely for fun and fun it should remain. I'm fine with whatever decision gets made.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
I find it amusing that managers have their panties in a bunch over me sitting out Hortator, while there is not a peep about JGW doing the same with Lost Soul.

I had no idea this heinous practice was being partaken by someone else! How embarassing for him! Well, I will be sure to utterly roast him in the personals of the arena paper come next round of fighting.

Are we Delarq's? Or are we cowardly washwomen? Fight! Kill! If you kill be proud, but don't run, good lords thats just plain embarassing.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
Usually I would make a quip about not being brave enough to stand behind your comment, but since you halfway identified yourself, I will comment without challenging you.

In the very next post I explained that it was me. I have this forum in my email but when I click on it from there it leads me to here without signing me in. If RSI confirms that it was indeed their fault, by all means subtract the loss but don't add a win. Also your opponent should keep his win as well regardless of the outcome.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TripwireDuel wrote:
JGW wrote:
Usually I would make a quip about not being brave enough to stand behind your comment, but since you halfway identified yourself, I will comment without challenging you.

In the very next post I explained that it was me. I have this forum in my email but when I click on it from there it leads me to here without signing me in. If RSI confirms that it was indeed their fault, by all means subtract the loss but don't add a win. Also your opponent should keep his win as well regardless of the outcome.

Jeez... I'm eating crow again. I missed Trip putting his name to the comment. I apologize to you Trip. Embarassed

Aren't you in the contest? I'm too busy getting my head handed to me to notice. I'm more concerned about getting out of this hole I've dug for myself in the arena.

I agree, this should not punish Otis in the least. I thought I made that clear in my comments earlier, but if not, we are on the same page there.

Embarassed I feel like a 'bunghole' if I may quote Adie.
TripwireDuel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry about it. I figured you missed the quote saying it was mine. I run Poker Great's in the contest. 2 deaths and 1 kill this last turn. Next few turns are going to be interesting.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One Armed Bandit wrote:
[I applaud your manly posturing, Iron Council!

**What other type of posturing would you expect?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't heard from RSI so I will call them tomorrow. At this point I will just say it was my error, even if it might not be. I won't revisit the issue in the future if RSI says it was their error. Count up the loss and I'll just have to improve in the arena to make up for it.

Sorry for the stress and the waste of space.
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:

Hey, is that a complement? A 'Larq using a froo-froo Andorian curse term in a 'Larq discussion? Cool. Wink

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
JGW wrote:

Hey, is that a complement? A 'Larq using a froo-froo Andorian curse term in a 'Larq discussion? Cool. Wink

You will have to forgive JGW. He apparently got overly excited when he misinterpreted what you said. He's now in therapy to combat the depression he suffered when he finally found out the real meaning of the 'froo-froo Andorian curse term.' Shocked

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JGW wrote:
I haven't heard from RSI so I will call them tomorrow. At this point I will just say it was my error, even if it might not be. I won't revisit the issue in the future if RSI says it was their error. Count up the loss and I'll just have to improve in the arena to make up for it.

Sorry for the stress and the waste of space.

The concensus I saw here once Tripwire thought about it was that you shouldn't be penalized for an admitted RSI input error, but neither should your opponent. I don't think you are stirring up any trouble to follow that through if RSI confirms that it was an error.

Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it can be confirmed, let me know, I can wave my magic wand and make the adjustment. (okay, I'll just do an edit, but that's just the mechanics of the miracle I will perform)

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this turn answered my question on if I would have won with the changed stragegy and the correct weapon.

Last Rebel WOS

13-11-9-17-17-4-13
+6 overall; +3 attack, +3 parry
good endurance and damage

RIP

Good job Otis. Expect four turns of BF's if you are there. I don't know if I will revenge the loss though. You've got quite a warrior in GM. Sword high.

JGW
Otis
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He will be there all four turns. Looking forward to your challenges.

Otis
JGW
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And to finish the debacle that was the alleged wrong weapon, I've received confirmation by RSI it was MY mistake. I could have sworn I did it right, but oh well.

Time to use that saved strat sheet with the options already filled out so I can just print it instead of relying on writing them out by hand last minute. Thank you for considering the options, but alas, human error of my kind was the problem.

Brandon
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic