New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - TOGS Turn 6
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ghoti
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite a lot of action this turn..

I see death and destruction all over the place.

I see STUPID challenges on my part.

I see a new wave coming.. It just has to..

Ghoti

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The beauty of the turn was Seraphim calling his shot in his team spotlight! I have no preference between Mannequin and him as managers but for the current standings I say way to go 'LARQIE! That was very Babe Ruthian of you.

ALL HAIL KING DUBYAH! G DUB! G DUB!G DUB! YEAH!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
The beauty of the turn was Seraphim calling his shot in his team spotlight! I have no preference between Mannequin and him as managers but for the current standings I say way to go 'LARQIE! That was very Babe Ruthian of you.

Well it was a little more final than I think it could have been.

Word to Mannequin; I know no one like losing a winner so I'll be standing by for the bloodfued. Though, not the very next turn as G Dubyah now sits at 20 FE. Feel free to catch me after the face though.

My condolences, I'm sure I'll feel reprocusions in Mordant (and maybe several other places as well).

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin

Last edited by Seraphim53 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One less tv challenge.
( sung to the tune of " One less bell to answer.", you other old folks out there should remember that one)

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

I'm not one to get upset about something like that -- I enjoyed the "called shot" as much as anyone. The funny thing is that he was more correct in his spotlight than you realize. Clapton opened the bout by hitting G Dubyah in the face (sending him desperate). G Dubyah immediately attacked, hitting Clapton (sending him desperate). G Dubyah missed, hit again and Clapton missed his roll. Fight over.
Mannequin
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seraphim53 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Word to Mannequin; I know no one like losing a winner so I'll be standing by for the bloodfued. Though, not the very next turn as G Dubyah now sits at 20 FE. Feel free to catch me after the face though.

My condolences, I'm sure I'll feel reprocusions in Mordant (and maybe several other places as well).

Well done!

I think you get a free pass on this one. I don't have anyone with 1/2 G Dubyah's experience but that doesn't mean I won't take it out on the rest of your team(s).

Twisted Evil
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:

Well, since Mannequin is our "partner" in some events, and a friend, and a good guy, we did not think it would be appropriate for us to comment on the exciting and positive nature of this kill in TOGS. Then we changed our minds and thought "doggone fine KILL!"

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
Seraphim53 wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

Well done!

I think you get a free pass on this one. I don't have anyone with 1/2 G Dubyah's experience but that doesn't mean I won't take it out on the rest of your team(s).

Twisted Evil

Sire, sure. Team Two is DONE! Razz

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mannequin wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I'm not one to get upset about something like that -- I enjoyed the "called shot" as much as anyone. The funny thing is that he was more correct in his spotlight than you realize. Clapton opened the bout by hitting G Dubyah in the face (sending him desperate). G Dubyah immediately attacked, hitting Clapton (sending him desperate). G Dubyah missed, hit again and Clapton missed his roll. Fight over.

I was in a debate between response and decise. I could not choose between the two. So I decided to be a little random and went Riposte in minute one and desperation.

I figured you were faster than me, and if I went response and you weren't decise modified it was over.

Everyone should realize that I don't hold a candle to mannequin in either knowledge, skill, or experience but I am serious about the game. This was not malicious in any way. quite the contrary, I met mannequin in Jan and while we only talked for a short bit about parry rips I really thought he was a great guy.

This was purely logistical, no malice, no spite. It would have been the same if it was anyone else. I'll admit to actually putting forth effort in making a name for myself. Something along the lines of letting the old guard know I'm not going anywhere, and I'm a little more than an annoying buzz. This was probably not the best way to do it, but when you're looking for veteran backing...

My other teams are standing by at any rate. I freely admit mannequin intimidates me, though I also freely admit that I thought about the consequences before I submitted the plan. Let me know mannequin if you would like a complete list of arenas that are most active for me.

Sentinel
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

T393 TOGS totals
Tot. -- T393 -- Team# -- Managers
--------------------------------------------------------------
389 -- 65 -- TEAM 2 -- SAMWISE THE BALD / MANNEQUIN
367 -- 55 -- TEAM 3 -- SOULTAKER / DEATH STUD
319 -- 69 -- TEAM 9 -- NULN / SNOTMAN
299 -- 35 -- TEAM 7 -- HOMBRE / GANOLUS OAKLEAF
274 -- 34 -- TEAM 11 -- INDIMAR / CYBER PUNK
257 -- 61 -- TEAM 4 -- LORD XIANG / SERAPHIM
250 -- 37 -- TEAM 12 -- STREET LEGAL / GHOTI
247 -- 51 -- TEAM 6 -- THE CREEPSTER / MANAGER
244 -- 55 -- TEAM 13 -- TUM / LHI
235 -- 35 -- TEAM 8 -- RILLION / RASCALLY RABBIT
220 -- 38 -- TEAM 1 -- LADY ELYSIAN / A-SOP
189 -- 17 -- TEAM 5 -- ULTRAIST / JEKYLL
176 -- 7 -- TEAM 10 -- FARMER BOB / MISSION
34 -- -10 -- TEAM 14 -- TIGTOAD / DMOBSTER

Not much changed at the top other than Teams 9 and 7 continue their yo-yo back and forth trading the 3rd and 4th spots nearly every turn and Samwise/Mannequin stretch their lead out to 22 points over 2nd place and a fat 70 points over 3rd place. Nuln and Snotman were this turn's big winners with a combined 8-2 and 69 points total. Grats guys. As for the rest of the field, the evil and nefarious Team 2 were a close second this turn with their 65 points. Solid turns also by Soultaker and me as well as Xiang and Seraphim. Even Creepy/Manalger and TUM/LHI put up some decent numbers this turn. The big owie award goes out to Ultraist/Jekyll along with Farmer boB/Mission. With their bad turns this time out, these two teams are now getting pimp-slapped by Lady Elysian and A-Sop. And that in itself is the next stage of funny, coming right after rolling on the floor pissing oneself <grin>. I'm sorry to see that Team 10 appears to have thrown in the writing towel and didn't submit spots or ads this turn. Dmob/TigToad have obviously dropped out altogether and we regret to see them go.

What did I notice in the fights this turn? Lessee... I see that we had two successful bloodfeuds between TOGS teams. In the first one, Raccoon Hammer showed Green Disease that Snotman can get his revenge from below as well as above. In the other, Manager's Storm Fire dropped a 22 pt whammy down on Tyvin LXIX and KILLED him. That's what Rillion gets for infringing on my roman numerals copyright. With that kill, Rillion's ever-growing revenge list just keeps getting longer and longer. Speaking of Rillion, he took the ultimate style-mismatch and brought it down 14 pts on one of Hombre's warriors who promptly send Rukgaz home with his own arse in his hand. After his own down-challenge, and lacking even the excuse of a Bloodfeud like Manager had, Rillion won't have any moral high ground with which to complain about Manager's bloodfeud. But, he'll be looking to return the favor. There were also a couple even challenges and even one challenge from a TOGS warrior to a non-TOGS warrior, but I can't really say anything about that since I did it on the first turn.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Sweet, sweet kill by G Dubyah this turn. I caught my breath when I saw the results of that one. That kill along with the quality of replacements that both Mannequin and I will be receiving might go a long way to deciding the results of this contest. While you're at it, Seraphim, Samwise has some guys that need killin'.

There was, unfortunately, one outside challenge into the TOGS this turn. I think Papa Bear manages the Funky Folk and issued a challenge into the TOGS. It's odd because he's been really careful so far with Jim Panzi at the top, challenging warriors outside the TOGS. I could be wrong, but I think a Funky Folk team interfered with one of the other contests, so it may be wise to lay down a couple avoids on these guys. If anyone knows who runs that team, please let me know and maybe I can reach out to them.

Also, I haven't officially mentioned it, but I will be issuing two gift certificates (one per manager) each turn back to the team with the most points on each turn. I'll get out the ones for the first couple turns probably after the tourney sometime. So, even for the teams that are back in the pack a bit, there are multipliers over the last few turns that can make a huge difference and there is opportunity to win back rollups each turn, so keep your strategies honed and don't even think about dropping out before the end.

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Travis, can you email or PM me a breakdown? Not a big deal, but I have us with 3 points more and just wanna double check.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seraphim53 wrote:
Mannequin wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:

I was in a debate between response and decise. I could not choose between the two. So I decided to be a little random and went Riposte in minute one and desperation.

I figured you were faster than me, and if I went response and you weren't decise modified it was over.

Everyone should realize that I don't hold a candle to mannequin in either knowledge, skill, or experience but I am serious about the game. This was not malicious in any way. quite the contrary, I met mannequin in Jan and while we only talked for a short bit about parry rips I really thought he was a great guy.

This was purely logistical, no malice, no spite. It would have been the same if it was anyone else. I'll admit to actually putting forth effort in making a name for myself. Something along the lines of letting the old guard know I'm not going anywhere, and I'm a little more than an annoying buzz. This was probably not the best way to do it, but when you're looking for veteran backing...

My other teams are standing by at any rate. I freely admit mannequin intimidates me, though I also freely admit that I thought about the consequences before I submitted the plan. Let me know mannequin if you would like a complete list of arenas that are most active for me.

You take this WAY too seriously. You did a courageous thing. You did a fair thing. You strategized a difficult situation. You made it happen. Yes, the consequences were dire at the other end, but I suspect there is far more respect for this than "anger.

Accept what you did as a "good" thing, pal.

I can assure you that Mannequin, and most of us, are NOT like "that" at all!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sentinel wrote:
RE: above

Damn. Sorry about that. I'll see if Lee can smack that duplicate post.

No need; it tends to make you seem taller. Laughing

_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A nod to Soultakers spotlight. I think it's his best work to date. Laughing

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

You take this WAY too seriously. You did a courageous thing. You did a fair thing. You strategized a difficult situation. You made it happen. Yes, the consequences were dire at the other end, but I suspect there is far more respect for this than "anger.

Accept what you did as a "good" thing, pal.

I can assure you that Mannequin, and most of us, are NOT like "that" at all!

Thank you Very Happy

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic