New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1626

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - My Official suggestions for the Official site.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jolly
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Where to begin?

Let´s just start with Bashers.

This is the worst style in the game, by far. A significant contributing factor to this problem is the fact that they have the worst weapon selection in the game. The simplest change would be to give a bashing weapon (War Hammer, Mace...) the identical properties of one of the "uber-weapons". Personally I would say either the Broadsword or Battleaxe. My rationale is that EVERY other style can use at least one "uber-weapon" (SC/LO/BS/BA). By giving the weapon the same properties as one of those weapons, it would enable bashers to compete more effectively. That all for now, I´ll stop by later.

--Adam
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Believe it or not but the Basher Uber weapon is the QS.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jiles:

I thought that this forum was for game changes, not stupid responses.

If you actually believe that the QS is in any way equivalent to any of the previously mentioned weapons, you´re insane. First of all, it 2-Handed vs. 1-Handed so you can´t carry a backup. Second, it requires a 9 size where the others can be used by any size. Third, and most important, it does not have the ability to do SLASHING damage, which each of the aforementioned weapons can do.

This forum is for game changes. If that change was implemented, it would help bashers out considerably while at the same time not unbalance things. It is also a change that should not be difficult to implement. That´s what this forum is about, that is what I did.

-Adam.
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Adam,

I was just stating that currently the uber Basher weapon is the Quartestaff. I was not saying that it should be or that anything should be changed about it.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there might be room to expand this even to a SMALL list of changes to make styles more competitive.

The basher certainly could use some kind of boost and of the weapons mentioned a bonus to the WH seems easiest. (The QS is a painful uber for even another reason, the basher trade off for stats is str and in lesser doses con and size for much lower acceptable df. Needing 11 to use your uber when so many can use SC is tough) From a skill perspective the basher seems like a striker with slightly better attack, but throw out the endurance advantage and weapon selection and who´d run a striker?

Managerr
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think QS is clearly superior to the BS and BA. (Although you´d use BA for different purposes than you would a QS) Anyone who thinks the QS sucks hasn´t used it enough. It out performs both of the above in everything except for Damage. I was once a doubter, but I have come around in the past few years.

That said, Bashers does need a heavier damage doing weapon that doesn´t really suck--and let them be bonused in Decise. (I don´t think that would imbalance basic too much)
Jolly
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dwayne:

I have zero desire to debate whether the QS is better than the BS or BA, it´s simply an opinion. Let me state my point again because obviously it wasn´t clear enough the first time:

EVERY style in the game can use a:

-One-Handed
-Size 3 requirement
-SLASHING weapn.

EXCEPT Bashers.

Most importantly, this would be a very simple change. The only thing that you would have to change is damage type from BASH to SLASH and keep everything else about the weapon the same. This would put them on equal footing with every other style, and make them marginally better at all levels up to and including ADM.
Lugal_gg
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Jolly. The basher needs a one handed "uber" weapon.
my suggestions to balance or improve the game are:
1. Make size a value that doesn´t subtract points from creation.
This will allow tall warriors to be acceptable for all styles,not
just scum,bashers, dixies or DA bait.
2. RSI actually implement some of the proposed improvements
that were made a decade ago! All things must evolve, or it will die.
3. Racial selection that modify stats to adjust for racial strenghts and
weaknesses.

[ This message was edited by: Lugal_gg on 01-11-2002 18:35 ]

JRK
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One way to partially solve the basher problem that would make them better in AD but not so much so in basic would be to give them a special extra bonus for using their favorite weapon.

Another possible solution would be to give them some kind of special bonus using all basher weapons. Or maybe give thema bonus like this just when they reach AD, or something that kicks in gradually as they get more experienced.

I really like the style, they are so much fun in basic and early AD. But the way they fizzle out later on is really disappointing.
thetorch
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what is the Wall of Steel Uber weapon?
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scimitar with off hand Long Sword.

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW!!!

Odd combo, I never would have guessed it! Thanks!
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, thats what I use. Ask someone else and you willget a different answer.

Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually run my AD wastes BS/SH. I like to have something in the offhand that won´t tire them out, but will still do at least a little damage should they swing with it. Sometimes I like to go BS/SC and then wear lighter armor if I´m challenging a warrior that fights more defensively than me.

I think the most important thing is not to use shields with wastes. They don´t have the endurance to hide behind defending themselves all day.
Kage
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really? My ADM waste is in the Grand Challenger Champs with only an Expert in Riposte (despite the Grandmaster Attack), so he has no choice BUT to scum them down a bit. Advanced Master Parry and near that in Defense doesn´t mean much at that level if you let them attack over and over, after all. The only way I´ve found for the guy to be able to win is to dump him in APA, and give him SC+ME and pray his defenses hold - he has tremendous carry and awesome endurance, but can only take a lot, so his HP tend to go far sooner than his endurance....

I´ve normally been a fan of using the SC two-handed with him, but he needs the defense of the ME far more right now.

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic