New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1579

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Valamantis Resurrection
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valamond
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wanted to thank those players that noticed the work I have been doing to get arena 62 alive and jumping again. The arena is now back up to 15 teams again and growing. It has seen the return of Fish Mongers, Grim Obituary, As Seen on TV, Chaos Enforcers, and Rio Vistans just since I came back in February.

I'd like to thank the folks from Middle Way 10 for sticking things out in there, even when the arena was pretty much dead. Thanks also to Nuln for bring his experimental team into the arena. This was my first arena and will always hold a place in my heart. I am very grateful to see so many people returning to make it a better place to do battle, even if that means my record will continue to suck.

Keep the returnees and newcomers flowing in! Maybe we can clear 20 teams by the MI in October. I know of at least a couple of managers that are thinking of showing up here too. Let's make Valamantis the place to be in the Delarquan Federation!

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

Teams listed in Extra Info
Pauly
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I love Valamantis. It's the first arena where I actually had enough money to fight more than two turns. The main point of this post though, is that I want to invite all of you over for a farewell party for Holly Mackerel of Fish Mongers. I'm really happy to see her graduate since she has shredded me at will. I think Ghoti purposely sat her a couple turns to wait for one of my guys to get the throne and then come back and humble me again. I know he's somewhere laughing right now. One of these days Ghoti, one of these days...
I might actually beat one of your warriors. Wink
But Valamond is right. Valamantis rules, so lets get it all the way back to it's former glory.
nuln
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Valamond wrote:
I just wanted to thank those players that noticed the work I have been doing to get arena 62 alive and jumping again. The arena is now back up to 15 teams again and growing. It has seen the return of Fish Mongers, Grim Obituary, As Seen on TV, Chaos Enforcers, and Rio Vistans just since I came back in February.

I'd like to thank the folks from Middle Way 10 for sticking things out in there, even when the arena was pretty much dead. Thanks also to Nuln for bring his experimental team into the arena. This was my first arena and will always hold a place in my heart. I am very grateful to see so many people returning to make it a better place to do battle, even if that means my record will continue to suck.

Keep the returnees and newcomers flowing in! Maybe we can clear 20 teams by the MI in October. I know of at least a couple of managers that are thinking of showing up here too. Let's make Valamantis the place to be in the Delarquan Federation!

I'm a closet fan (until now) of Valamantis and Valamantinians in general, and next to my beloved Aradi it ranks as my #2 on my "Dope D2 Arena's" list. Btw, the team name for those who don't know me is very tongue in cheek. There *is* one BA on the team, but in general I hate bashers and wish they would all die (no offence, Assur). So it's just a normal team but with a stupid name. Wink
Valamond
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL...I wasn't going to be the one to tell anyone. I was just going along with it. Either way, it's good to have you there. I just got some news that more teams will be coming back and making life interesting in there. That's in addition to the two I was expecting to come back. Apparently, Carnage has some fans out there that want to get reacquainted with him and his warriors. Rumor has it there might be more than one Carnage in Valamantis before too long as well. That should definitely make the personals interesting, if not utterly confusing. Fun stuff! So come one, come all, to the greatest show in Alastari!!! It's the Valamantis three ring circus! See you all there!

Life is pain...anyone who says differently is selling something. --The Man in Black

JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Carnage The Manager is long retired. It is cool to see Valamantis on the rise again. One of the premier Delarquan arenas past, present, and future.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
Carnage The Manager is long retired. It is cool to see Valamantis on the rise again. One of the premier Delarquan arenas past, present, and future.

Hmmm....I might have to start watching this arena and make it a second for me. If it's as steady as you say, it should be fun.
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:

I thought he was the manager of Grim Obituary. They just popped up in 62.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pauly wrote:
Yeah, I love Valamantis. It's the first arena where I actually had enough money to fight more than two turns. The main point of this post though, is that I want to invite all of you over for a farewell party for Holly Mackerel of Fish Mongers. I'm really happy to see her graduate since she has shredded me at will. I think Ghoti purposely sat her a couple turns to wait for one of my guys to get the throne and then come back and humble me again. I know he's somewhere laughing right now. One of these days Ghoti, one of these days...
I might actually beat one of your warriors. Wink
But Valamond is right. Valamantis rules, so lets get it all the way back to it's former glory.

Dont take it so personal. hehe.. OK I did pick on you a little bit. I mean Holly did. She looooooves you.. Smile

Ghoti

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:

Yeah, I also saw that. Interesting. But alas, he is looong retired and will never play again

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
_Indimar_ wrote:
JEKYLL1 wrote:

Yeah, I also saw that. Interesting. But alas, he is looong retired and will never play again

Must be one of those glitches...maybe they ran in place of my second team that didn't run in there...who knows? There are still many more teams than there were just a few months ago.

Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, sorry I havn't been more vocal in 62; well in all my arenas really time is still on short supply.

Future looks brighter though

"The easiest way to win is to knock them down and kill them"Mannequin
Pauly
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dont take it so personal. hehe.. OK I did pick on you a little bit. I mean Holly did. She looooooves you.. Smile

Ghoti[/quote]

I don't take it personal at all. It's just minor bitterness at getting my butt kicked like four times by Holly. (Hmm, bitter, but in a non-personal way) I'll go ahead and tell you that I'm more than likely not going to fight Jeffro this time because I just can't make your last turn that easy. Twisted Evil So Squints will be your only option, since it seems from the forum that Grim Obituary fighting was a glitch? Anyways, I don't mind getting picked on, because I do the same thing. That's half the fun of DM, for me anyways.
Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pauly wrote:

Ghoti

I don't take it personal at all. It's just minor bitterness at getting my butt kicked like four times by Holly. (Hmm, bitter, but in a non-personal way) I'll go ahead and tell you that I'm more than likely not going to fight Jeffro this time because I just can't make your last turn that easy. Twisted Evil So Squints will be your only option, since it seems from the forum that Grim Obituary fighting was a glitch? Anyways, I don't mind getting picked on, because I do the same thing. That's half the fun of DM, for me anyways.[/quote]

Nooooooo wasted a TV challenge!!!!

damnit

Valamond
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL, poor Seraphim! Everyone cry for the guy who wasted his TV...J/K man. Maybe I can get one in the MI so you can laugh at me when I waste mine on a scum that isn't fighting. Laughing

Seraphim53
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Valamond wrote:
LOL, poor Seraphim! Everyone cry for the guy who wasted his TV...J/K man. Maybe I can get one in the MI so you can laugh at me when I waste mine on a scum that isn't fighting. Laughing

Sounds fair

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic