New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104511

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - All arena post about RP
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering online (rather than outloud) what others were thinking about the all arena post about ads and articles and such. Perhaps Lee and Co will see what were thinking here as well.

I would be opposed to it replacing any of the free fights but what about using the points to buy a +1 bonus or a free stat train or a free skill learn. There are many things that could be offered like a limited damage bump maybe a minor stat switch of, only, 1 point from an area on a RU to another. These latter 2 being probably the most expensive and maybe taking 4-6 months of writing, or more, to get!

This would have a 2-fold effect. I mean if your warriors are better your more likely to run more of them plus if the intent is to get the NLs jumping again offering aids such as this would get just about evryone active again in this matter!

Now I would say that you would have to limit it to basic arenas only, and perhaps only 1 of the +1 bonuses could be used on any skill area for each warrior (i.e. you couldn't use a second +1 in ATT for the same warrior). It would also have to be within that given arena not say take your 100 points hrom one arena and apply them into another arena on your godling.

Also it would have to be very expensive, points wise, to buy a +1 bonus, say the price of 4-5 times a free skill learn. And it would have to take many turns to accumulate them as these should be seen as special and not abused by justing writing a few ads or a spotlight to get a +1 bonus or free skill or train.

I miss the old days and am as guilty as anyone with my personal ads. It's too bad we can't all find 5 minutes per turn to write a few personal ads!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
PurpleSage
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Just wondering online (rather than outloud) what others were thinking about the all arena post about ads and articles and such. Perhaps Lee and Co will see what were thinking here as well.

I would be opposed to it replacing any of the free fights but what about using the points to buy a +1 bonus or a free stat train or a free skill learn. There are many things that could be offered like a limited damage bump maybe a minor stat switch of, only, 1 point from an area on a RU to another. These latter 2 being probably the most expensive and maybe taking 4-6 months of writing, or more, to get!

This would have a 2-fold effect. I mean if your warriors are better your more likely to run more of them plus if the intent is to get the NLs jumping again offering aids such as this would get just about evryone active again in this matter!

Now I would say that you would have to limit it to basic arenas only, and perhaps only 1 of the +1 bonuses could be used on any skill area for each warrior (i.e. you couldn't use a second +1 in ATT for the same warrior). It would also have to be within that given arena not say take your 100 points hrom one arena and apply them into another arena on your godling.

Also it would have to be very expensive, points wise, to buy a +1 bonus, say the price of 4-5 times a free skill learn. And it would have to take many turns to accumulate them as these should be seen as special and not abused by justing writing a few ads or a spotlight to get a +1 bonus or free skill or train.

I miss the old days and am as guilty as anyone with my personal ads. It's too bad we can't all find 5 minutes per turn to write a few personal ads!

There is a thread on this that was very detailed. I agree with most everything you posted here.

Sincerely Purple Sage
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic