New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Your feedback requested for an All Arena Ad
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am considering posting this message as an All Arena ad.

Third draft - Feedback Welcome

ANNOUNCING THE NO-TOURNAMENT ARENA (81)

As an American I honor my cultural heritage by stealing any good idea. This idea was originally proposed by Lord_Xiang in November 2005.

RSI will be Opening the (81) Arena for teams willing to sign the following pledge:

The No-Tournament Arena (81)

• I pledge that I will not send warriors from this team to a Tournament, nor will I use a Tournament prize on a warrior from this team.
• I pledge to run a full team when I run turns in this arena. If circumstances preclude my running less than a full team I will notify the Player Committee.
• I agree to abide by the decisions of the Player Committee.
• I understand that any warrior that participates in a Tournament shall be sent to the Dark Arena until they are dead.
• I understand that any warrior that receives a Tournament prize shall be send to the Dark Arena until they are dead.

The following are the rules for joining this No-Tournament arena

1. No tourney play (Dead or otherwise)
2. One team per manager
3. Team starts with new rollup (or a zero fight equivalent team is transferred into this arena.)
4. No tourney prizes allowed to modify warriors in the arena
5. 20 teams required, per RSI
6. Waivers are required to allow self-regulation on tourney ban, granting RSI authority to Dark Arena any warrior that participates in a Tournament (until the warrior is dead.)
7. Rotating council to enforce tourney ban and maintain arena integrity.

There are 23 managers already committed to the project

Allied Axis
Apex - CAROLINA BLUE - Cf PC - Cf PCC
Blackstorm - DOOM KNIGHTS -Cf PC
Darque
DeGotti - CULT OF BACCHUS
Deke - DOC LEGRAND'S LAB
Den
Drake - DRAKE'S HARDWARE -Cf PC
Grimm
Hammer - AARDVARK HAMMERZ
_Indimar_ - AS SEEN ON TV II
Kat - KATHOUSE
Kellumbo
LePentarque - LA PENTARCHIE
MasterBeru - CHILDHOOD HEROES -Cf PC
Nomad - PHANTOM REGIMENT
ragnarokwolf - RAGNAROK'S WOLVES
Roadkill
Silas- GRIFFONRAWL MMA
SlugBait
Terminator
The Consortium - LIFE IMPACTS - Cf PC - Cf PCC
Woody

Cf = Candidate for
PC = Player Committee
PCC = Player Committee Chairperson

The main purpose of the Player Committee is to maintain fair play in the arena:
• Warriors that participate in Tournaments will be sent to the Dark Arena until they are dead. This means that the Player Committee has the power to send another players warrior to the Dark Arena
• Managers that abuse the rules of the Arena may be banned/transferred from the Arena

I have asked Lee about a reoccurring team spotlight to remind everyone of the role playing arguments for the No-Tournament arena. Hopefully we and RSI can prevent any manager from starting a team in the No-Tournament arena unless they fully understand the rules of the arena.

The player with the most votes for Chairman will fill slot 1 [Chairperson] and that term expires end of March 2007.
The player with the most votes overall will fill slot 5 and that term expires end of November 2007.
The player with the second most votes overall will fill slot 4 and that term expires end of September 2007.
The player with the third most votes overall will fill slot 3 and that term expires end of November 2007.
The player with the fourth most votes overall will fill slot 2 and that term expires end of May 2007.

During the month that the chairperson’s term expires the Player Committee will select one of the remaining 4 players to be the next chairperson.
During the month that any member’s term expires the arena will vote for a different player to join the Players Committee.

If you want to be a candidate for the player committee post a message in the Duel2 Forum:
http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums

There are 4 steps to joining this arena

1) Send in a new team rollup to RSI with the following pledge stapled to the rollup sheet:

No-Tournament Arena (81)

• I pledge that I will not send warriors from this team to a Tournament, nor will I use a Tournament prize on a warrior from this team.
• I pledge to run a full team when I run turns in this arena. If circumstances preclude my running less than a full team I will notify the Player Committee.
• I understand that any warrior that participates in a Tournament shall be sent to the Dark Arena until they are dead.
• I understand that any warrior that receives a Tournament prize shall be send to the Dark Arena until they are dead.

[Sign your name]

(RSI may also allow a team of zero fight equivalent warriors with no team record to transfer to this arena. This decision is still pending.)

2) [Optional] post a message on the Duel 2 Forums in the Creating a No-Tournament Arena thread

http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2296&sid=94ebf69603ccaf5c7dbf1b19da799732

3) [Optional] send an e-mail to DekeYoung@Comcast.NET with your team name

4) [Optional] Send a Diplomatic Note to Doc LeGrand’s Lab in Arena 81 with your team name and intent to join Arena 81 and abide by the Arena rules.

RSI will be processing overviews for this arena as soon as you send them into RSI.

The first turn will run in January 2007. This will be a normal speed arena.

While I am encouraging everyone to use TEAM MAINTENANCE it is not mandatory. The intent is that players that run turns will run a full team. One warrior teams are discouraged and will a topic for the Player Committee to resolve.

I also encourage players to join the Duel2 Yahoo Group for faster updates and feedback.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/duel/

Any questions can be directed to Deke Young

Deke Young
Mobile (770) 789-7881
Office (770) 236-6486
AOLIM = DekeYoungWork or DekeYoung
Yahoo = DekeYoung1960
MSN = DekeYoung@Comcast.net

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html

Last edited by Deke on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Nomad
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks good Deke.

One thing - the reason for this type of arena is because those of us involved want to be able to have an arena like in the old days - no tourney timing and no sanbaggers - an arena in which the title of Duelmaster is the goal.

Maybe I missed that and it is in there somewhere, but perhaps this motivation for having the arena should show up so that those who haven't read the forums know why we are excited about this project.

Dragonbane Guild(81)
Grimm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems well done to me Deke,

Grimm
Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That post was too lenghty. I lost interest after a 4-5 sentences... Remember: If you are unhappy with Duelmasters, there are always other long standing alternatives out there like Chutes & Ladders and Clue.

I was always suspicious of Col. Mustard....
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks nice and complete to me. Everthing is covered. Do it up! Very Happy Very Happy

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caesar wrote:
That post was too lenghty. I lost interest after a 4-5 sentences... Remember: If you are unhappy with Duelmasters, there are always other long standing alternatives out there like Chutes & Ladders and Clue.

And you've always seemed more of a Ms. Peacock type to me...

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
Apex
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I would change the zero fights to zero FE. While we know what you mean, that would open a door for someone to try and pull something slick. Not that anyone around here would cheat, but they would push the rules and twist things around to suit their needs.

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apex wrote:
I think I would change the zero fights to zero FE. While we know what you mean, that would open a door for someone to try and pull something slick. Not that anyone around here would cheat, but they would push the rules and twist things around to suit their needs.

Looks very good to us.
Agree with the one Apex mod. (would say "0 fights, 0FE") make it clear

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caesar wrote:

<GASP!> I was usually Col Mustard!

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Deke the Allied Axis is an alliance that pops up in DM 33 once in a while like a fungus or plague!
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The All Arena Spot by Hammer the WordSmith should be appearing in the next couple of days in the online newsletters!

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hammer's all arena ad has been published.

I am working out the details with Lee, hope to have my All Arena Ad in by Monday (after Gencon SoCal)

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Kellumbo
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps we could include something along the lines of not using tourney prizes on warriors from this team while they are in basic duel II.

I would think allowing use of prizes after they graduate would be ok.

Thoughts?

-Kellumbo
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. No tournament play (Dead tournament or otherwise)
2. One team per manager
3. Team starts with new rollup (or a zero fight equivalent team is transferred into this arena.)
6. Waivers are required to allow self-regulation on tourney ban, granting RSI authority to Dark Arena any warrior that participates in a Tournament (until the warrior is dead.)

While I myself hope the clean slate is so popular that RSI opens a No-Tournament ADM in 9 months, there is nothing to stop a player from:

A) Moving this team out of Arena 81 and into Arena 82
B) Graduating a warrior to a regular ADM arena that has regular ADM rules.

Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I submitted this as an all arena ad today:

ANNOUNCING THE NO-TOURNAMENT ARENA (81)

As an American I honor my cultural heritage by stealing any good idea. This idea was originally proposed by Lord_Xiang in November 2005. RSI will be Opening the Arena (81) for teams willing to sign the following pledge:

• I pledge that I will not send warriors from this arena to a Tournament, nor will I use a Tournament prize on a warrior from this arena.

The following are the rules for joining this No-Tournament arena

1. No tournament play for warriors in this arena (Dead tournament or otherwise)
2. One team per manager.
3. Teams start with new rollup (or a zero fight equivalent team is transferred into this arena.)

The main purpose of the Player Committee is to maintain fair play in the arena:

• Warriors that participate in Tournaments will be sent to the Dark Arena until they are dead. This means that the Player Committee has the power to send another players warrior to the Dark Arena
• Managers that abuse the rules of the Arena may be banned/transferred from the Arena

The player with the most votes for Chairman will fill slot 1 [Chairperson] and that term expires end of March 2007.
The player with the most votes overall will fill slot 5 and that term expires end of November 2007.
The player with the second most votes overall will fill slot 4 and that term expires end of September 2007.
The player with the third most votes overall will fill slot 3 and that term expires end of November 2007.
The player with the fourth most votes overall will fill slot 2 and that term expires end of May 2007.

During the month that the chairperson’s term expires the Player Committee will select one of the remaining 4 players to be the next chairperson.
During the month that any member’s term expires the arena will vote for a different player to join the Players Committee.

If you want to be a candidate for the player committee:
1. Post a message in the Duel2 Forum at http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums
2. E-Mail Deke at DekeYoung@Comcast.NET
3. Send a Diplomatic Note to Doc LeGrand’s Lab [ARENA 81]

There are 4 steps to joining this arena

1) Send in a new team rollup to RSI with the following pledge taped / stapled to the rollup sheet, or transfer a ZERO FIGHT EQUIVILENT TEAM to Arena 81 and send RSI the following form.

No-Tournament Arena (81)

[Sign your name here ……………………………………………………………………….]

2) [Optional] post a message on the Duel 2 Forums in the Creating a No-Tournament Arena thread
http://www.reality.com/duel2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2296&sid=94ebf69603ccaf5c7dbf1b19da799732

3) [Optional] send an e-mail to DekeYoung@Comcast.NET with your team name

4) [Optional] Send a Diplomatic Note to Doc LeGrand’s Lab in Arena 81 with your team name and intent to join Arena 81 and abide by the Arena rules.

RSI will be processing overviews for this arena as soon as you send them into RSI.

The first turn will run in January 2007. This will be a normal speed arena.

While I am encouraging everyone to use TEAM MAINTENANCE it is not mandatory. The intent is that players that run turns will run a full team. One warrior teams are discouraged and will a topic for the Player Committee to resolve.

I also encourage players to join the Duel2 Yahoo Group for faster updates and feedback.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/duel/

There are already 29 managers already committed to the project

x Apex = CAROLINA BLUE - Cf PC - Cf PCC
x Bill (I think this is the same person) = club cutthroat
x Blackstorm = DARK ENCLAVE - Cf PC
Darque = DARQUE AGES
x DeGotti = CULT OF BACCHUS
x Deke = DOC LEGRAND'S LAB
Den = BIG LAKE OUTCASTS
x Drake = DRAKE'S HARDWARE - Cf PC
Ghab = ASSASSIN NATION
Grimm = FURRY FURY
Hammer = AARDVARK HAMMERZ
Ikillu = BATTLE GRUNTS
x _Indimar_ = AS SEEN ON TV II
x Kat = KATHOUSE
x Kellumbo = KELLUMBO'S KIDS
x LePentarque = LA PENTARCHIE
x MasterBeru = CHILDHOOD HEROES - Cf PC
x Nomad = DRAGONBANE GUILD
nuln = RED IRON KNIGHTS
x pauly = ALE HOUSE MERCS
ragnarokwolf = RAGNAROK'S WOLVES
x rillon = THE DRAUGS
x Roadkill = STREET WALKERS
Seraphim53 = LEGION OF SOLITUDE
Silas = GRIFFONRAWL MMA
SlugBait = ORCS HATE PHYSICS
x Terminator = WARMASTERS
x The Consortium = LIFE IMPACTS - Cf PC - Cf PCC
Woody

X = 17 Team Rollups received by RSI as of 29 November 2006

Cf = Candidate for
PC = Player Committee
PCC = Player Committee Chairperson

Deke Young will not be part of the inaugural Player Committee, maybe later once the Arena direction has been developed.

Any questions can be directed to DekeYoung@Comcast.NET

I will track Awards in Arena 81, which will be posted on a web site and included in the following turn’s newsletter.

The Honor of Sunset Award:
The first team to reach 10 Team Kills. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 10 Team Kills on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most kills. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Kills, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most Kills in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 10 Team Kills.)

The Race to Victory Award:
The first team to reach 75 Team Wins. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 75 Team wins on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most wins. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Wins, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most wins in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 75 Team Wins.)

The Commitment to Change Award:
The first team to reach 125 Team Fights. In the case that there are more than 1 team that crest 125 Team Fights on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the team with the most fights. If 2 or more teams are tied for Team Fights, I will prolong the contest until one team has the most fights in the Arena (it does not have to be one of the teams that first crested 125 Team Fights.) I hope I never give out this award {figure it out on your own.}

The Team Advancement Award:
The first team to graduate 5 warriors to ADM. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 5 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 6 warriors. In the case that there is more than 1 team that graduate 6 warriors on the same turn, I will pay the Award to the first team to graduate 7 warriors, and so on.

The Iron Throne Award:
The first team to hold the Duelmaster for 10 turns STARTING ON TURN 11.

The Stylemaster Award.
The first team to hold the Stylemaster Award in 7 different styles, STARTING ON TURN 11. If two teams obtain Stylemaster Awards in 7 styles on the same turn, the goal will be increased to 8 Styles.

Team Recognition Points: The total recognition points for all warriors in the arena

The Iron Throne ledger: We will track who has been the Duelmaster every turn in Arena history.

Iron Throne counter: The total number of times a team has been the Duelmaster.

Composite Team Stylemaster awards: The number of times a team has had any of the 10 Stylemasters. Having 2 Stylemasters = 2 points that turn.

Challenge win percentage: How often your warriors win when they challenge.

Challenge Defender rate: How often your warriors win when they WERE challenged.

Team Invitations: Number of warriors graduated to ADM.

Team Graduation Rate: Total team fights / Graduated Warriors.

Team Kill Percentage: Total of team Kills / Team Fights

Team Death Percentage: Total of Team Deaths / Team Fights

Team Revenge Rate: Number of Deaths / BloodFued Revenged (Note that the Dark Arena will be counted as not-revenged.) You only get credit for one successful BloodFued per death (though I encourage you to BloodFued all 4 turns.)

Current Win Streaks: Warriors that have gone the most turns without losing or missing a turn.

Team Yahtzee counter: Number of times a team has gone 5-0 in a turn.

Team Bagle counter: Number of times a team has fought without a win.

Team Dark Arena counter: Number of times each team has used the Dark Arena.

The Most Feared (avoided) Team counter: Number of turns that team was the most avoided team.

We will create a web page just for Arena 81 category leaders.

Hope to see you there - Deke

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum