New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Apologies
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My many apologies to all who even wasted a dime on this, via RU that is. TOTAL lack of interest and whatever befell it, as has my interest in participating much in the game as a whole. Y'know the whole "everybody's afraid of the cheaters thing" pretty much shed a spotlight on the ugliness that is pervading D2 these days. But enough on that now if only 14 would close I could put the game as a whole behind me with no interest in ever returning to the game by killing off my home arena! But alas it will probably stay open somehow and thus my return (short of a possible TW appearance and a DEFINITE next ToGS appearance, I mean killing Soultaker's aimer would be a great retirement turn but winning ToGS might prove even better).

So again, two, apologies now. The Civil War idea sucked more than I was warned it would and for going on yet ANOTHER diatribe. Sorry folks (My first time online in a week (I guess my all arena ad never got out because I got NO response that it was sent and didn't see it in a NL)).

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Deke
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I stand ready in case this happens in the future.

D LeGrand Clone 1 (14-4445) of Doc LeGrand's LAB (454)
D LeGrand Clone 2 (14-4446) of Doc LeGrand's LAB (454)
D LeGrand Clone 3 (14-4447) of Doc LeGrand's LAB (454)
D LeGrand Clone 4 (14-4448) of Doc LeGrand's LAB (454)
D LeGrand Clone 5 (14-4449) of Doc LeGrand's LAB (454)

All 5 ready for the Dark Arena.

Give it 6 months or so, and publish a simpler set of rules. My personal advice is to take input from people you like/know/trust in private, then publish the rules in the forum. People can take it or leave it. 3 teams of 5 players from each region would work. No need to try to make everyone happy, as it has shown only to make everyone unhappy. A 15 player contest is a fine goal.

In fact, I would only reach out to 3 captains and make them responsible for recuiting 4 other members of thier team.

Simple scoring, limited membership, thicker skin.

http://www.delefax.com/ARKYN/Delefax_Web_Portal.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
_Indimar_
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for trying to get it off the ground. Hang in there and keep fighting.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Deke. Though I was never involved in any of this, I think you should go for it again later. I like the captains idea Deke proposed, and in the future if you go for it again and do this, they can let you know if there is demand enough to put 6+ per team.

I hope to see you on the sands. Come back to Aruak, Wayne and I will keep you company!

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just come to Chimlevtal where you don't have to apologize for anything!
The citizens even know who Iron Maiden is and I've heard "The Prisoner" being played when they march out arena extras!

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Stik
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would love to see you back in Sunset with I Magi, as well! Back anywhere, for that matter. Sure hope you don't give up the ghost, or you'll be just another big time manager who threw up his hands and quit. Not much fun in that, doesn't make much of a point, either.

Don't let one buzz-killed contest idea ruin your whole game, Street!

Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate the sentiments, but big time manager? (hardly)

I was actually looking at Aruak to set back up as my second team but it just didn't seem right to pay $21.50 per turn there. I mean the $10.75 would be wasted in Tobir, as it pretty much has been for 4 of the last 5 or so years, with never having had more than 6 active teams in 5+ years. Being my home arena and first ever team it would always be my first run team with almost no exception allowed (in my own mind). Perhaps someone may spur another Aruak invasion (maybe Wayne could mouth off and get me back into the game as I indirectly got him back by getting Steele to come to 11 along with the invasion). Laughing

I'd love to let LHI pad his "Got the most managers to retire" record to closer to 20 but it in fact was cumulative and then that led to me going on a not so unusual but "much more out of character than normal" rant in return to some people taking the inch I gave into a mile. As they say even the best laid plans......... So close and yet never really there as it turned out.

I'll probably never fully drop the game, my alliancemates can expect to hear advice from my experiences from time to time for a loooong time to come. But gameplay is far more unlikely!

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Foiled again.

Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
Foiled again.

Crime doesn't pay!

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic