New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1577

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - An open letter to Lee and RSI
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This idea will never breathe life.

However, an alternative idea was introduced several months ago. It is my understanding that RSI has accepted the alternative and will be implementing it as time allows. I think it's a very exciting change and the only downside is that we all just have to be patient until it goes live!

Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you give us any details?

"KNOW MY WRATH!"

"Peace through Tyranny."
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Azrael wrote:

Not really because some of the logistics are solely up to RSI and I'd hate to inadvertantly mislead anyone. I can say that despite the fact that I personally had not read this thread until recently the accepted proposal was very similar. I'm sure that some of the feedback on the current proposal was directly associated with this thread's proposal. One of the first things I noticed when I returned was the arena closures and the proposal submitted to RSI was an effort to fight off the attrition rate of basic arenas. According to the parts I scanned I think the proposal in this thread had the same intent. The bottomline is that RSI has heard all of us on this issue and they have agreed to implement a change that I think will make everyone happy and breathe life back into some of our wasteland arenas. I wish I were at liberty to give more details but RSI does reserve the right to change their minds on some or all of the proposal that I speak of. Besides, it would spoil the surprise! I would like to think that we will see it in action within 6-12 months, which isn't that long considering the 10+ years most of us have been around.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Not really because some of the logistics are solely up to RSI and I'd hate to inadvertantly mislead anyone. I can say that despite the fact that I personally had not read this thread until recently the accepted proposal was very similar. I'm sure that some of the feedback on the current proposal was directly associated with this thread's proposal. One of the first things I noticed when I returned was the arena closures and the proposal submitted to RSI was an effort to fight off the attrition rate of basic arenas. According to the parts I scanned I think the proposal in this thread had the same intent. The bottomline is that RSI has heard all of us on this issue and they have agreed to implement a change that I think will make everyone happy and breathe life back into some of our wasteland arenas. I wish I were at liberty to give more details but RSI does reserve the right to change their minds on some or all of the proposal that I speak of. Besides, it would spoil the surprise! I would like to think that we will see it in action within 6-12 months, which isn't that long considering the 10+ years most of us have been around.

that was spoken like a true politician. Lots of words. (Nice ones, too.) Moving the general understanding of the topic from gray to dark gray.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
illkidk wrote:
Azrael wrote:

that was spoken like a true politician. Lots of words. (Nice ones, too.) Moving the general understanding of the topic from gray to dark gray.

Hmm, it wasn't supposed to facilitate understanding. Wink

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="illkidk
Hmm, it wasn't supposed to facilitate understanding. Wink[/quote]

IT WORKED Exclamation Confused

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
illkidk
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:

lol! Excellent.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

illkidk wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

lol! Excellent.

So, now, is there anything more on this soon-to-be exciting change? How about an update for the curious?

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
illkidk wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

lol! Excellent.

So, now, is there anything more on this soon-to-be exciting change? How about an update for the curious?

So we take it this was one of those path's of "much ado about nothing" and there really was nothing brewing, ar least in the short term, on this topic?

JEKYLL1
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
illkidk wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

lol! Excellent.

So we take it this was one of those path's of "much ado about nothing" and there really was nothing brewing, ar least in the short term, on this topic?

Of course not........... we're all junkies and will play no matter what and "the man" can shaft us all he wants cause we will take the shit sandwich and eat it just hoping that it aint a soggy one cause we are hooked on this li game like crack ho's.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JEKYLL1 wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
illkidk wrote:
The Consortium wrote:

lol! Excellent.

Of course not........... we're all junkies and will play no matter what and "the man" can shaft us all he wants cause we will take the shit sandwich and eat it just hoping that it aint a soggy one cause we are hooked on this li game like crack ho's.

Indeed, we do all seem to be "hooked", don't we?

_Carnage_
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is the change that is about "Housecleaning" and getting two rollups per DA on a team still being talked about?

Carnage
Lord_Xiang
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What's the status of this, or the alternative that was never discussed?

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic