New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 22264

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Lets Get Ready to RUUUUMMMBLE!
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
No controversy with me, I was just making an observation. I don't have much interest in contests at all, they're usually too restrictive and/or complicated for me to put up with, not to mention I have a small budget. It sounds great, I hope many participate and have a great time. I expect the Andorians to win.

LHI, you have a RPing angle for this to be in Tarrgir?

I don't have anything concrete yet but there has to be something cool with the military outpost in Tarrgir mixed in with the whole Regional contest deal. Any ideas? You are way better at this stuff than I am.

Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Indimar_ wrote:
Andorian as long as I don't have to sit next to Nuln at the collusion meetings. Wink

that's it, i'm joining the freebladers. i can't work like this.
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We Consortiumites will be "passing' on this event

Our focus will be
The Turf Was - 47
DM52 - Fratsfa Challenge
the new DM81 arena event

all starting about this time.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LHI wrote:
I don't have anything concrete yet but there has to be something cool with the military outpost in Tarrgir mixed in with the whole Regional contest deal. Any ideas? You are way better at this stuff than I am.

Tarrgir is home to the Andorian Military Academy, but it's location is not conducive to invasion. Insurrection is more likely. You could take a couple paths with this:

1) The Cadets and Teachers at the Academy think highly of themselves and despite differences with other regions extend an offer to hold a contest at the academy to see which 'teachers' (ie. managers) can get a group of motley recruits to kick the most ass.

2) The Academy high ups and local government types are still sulking over the creation of the Andorian Kingdom (no longer League) under King Michael, and the defeat of Kyrican by the King and local Aruaki in Aruak City. They decide to revolt, but the group is torn into groups. Those that want to sucede (equivalent of Larqs) and will fight and do anything necessary. Those who don't want to and decide to stick with the Kingdom and it's ideals (Andorians) and those who are apathetic or merc in outlook and take a middle ground, maybe getting some power out of it (Freeblades).

2a) Version 2 could be spiced up or tweaked with the idea that Larq spies have infiltrated the Academy and are fostering the dissent.

pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
LHI wrote:

Tarrgir is home to the Andorian Military Academy, but it's location is not conducive to invasion. Insurrection is more likely. You could take a couple paths with this:

1) The Cadets and Teachers at the Academy think highly of themselves and despite differences with other regions extend an offer to hold a contest at the academy to see which 'teachers' (ie. managers) can get a group of motley recruits to kick the most ass.

2) The Academy high ups and local government types are still sulking over the creation of the Andorian Kingdom (no longer League) under King Michael, and the defeat of Kyrican by the King and local Aruaki in Aruak City. They decide to revolt, but the group is torn into groups. Those that want to sucede (equivalent of Larqs) and will fight and do anything necessary. Those who don't want to and decide to stick with the Kingdom and it's ideals (Andorians) and those who are apathetic or merc in outlook and take a middle ground, maybe getting some power out of it (Freeblades).

2a) Version 2 could be spiced up or tweaked with the idea that Larq spies have infiltrated the Academy and are fostering the dissent.

If you must rp, make it simple. Tarrgir was willing to lease their unused arena for considerably less than the other cities.
pipthetroll
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be declaring here for the free blades side, cdc alliance. I believe guardian will be playing too--he expressed interest before.
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
Looks like Street Legal's idea re-hashed to me. Intentional or not, that seems kind of messed up to me.

Glad somebody other than me pointed this out. And Let's see Lee has told myself that:

A) No arena already in existence will bar ANYONE from playing in it. Looks like non-contest teams are barred.

B) She's against a closed arena being opened. And yet one has. I guess LHI knows where to stick his nose Laughing

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
If you must rp, make it simple. Tarrgir was willing to lease their unused arena for considerably less than the other cities.

It may be simple, but it does not resonate with the history / setting of the arena and the area, which defeats the purpose of RPing in the first place (not that there will be any, it's just a contest with teams chosen by play style, not for any RPing reason). My option 1 is as simple as your suggestion, but actually has a reason why the contest is being held in the first place. You can always leave out the RP totally, which seems normal for most contests.

Adie
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Street_Legal wrote:
Glad somebody other than me pointed this out.

I didn't want to cause a ruckus, but you deserve credit for getting this idea going.

LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pipthetroll wrote:
I will be declaring here for the free blades side, cdc alliance. I believe guardian will be playing too--he expressed interest before.

Awesome! I'll add CDC to the alliance list.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Adie wrote:
Street_Legal wrote:
Glad somebody other than me pointed this out.

I didn't want to cause a ruckus, but you deserve credit for getting this idea going.

Funny thing is I publicly opposed a closed arena, thinking it was ignorant and shortsighted to open a closed arena rather than save an open one, but still inquired behind the scnes and as I proved by posting the email response I got Lee was opposed to opening a closed arena, and besides RSI would not prevent managers from running existing teams or placing new teams.. I had 35+ managers ready to go. Now a closed arena is allowed open and Jiles' had ZERO declared yet.The difference I was just told? Jiles contest starts with everybody DA'ing at the start of the contest.......... sound familiar? I guess I'm just a Dip-$^%& nobody manager because the contests are identical, except for the addition of alliances and such, yet I got a NO and Jiles gets a "sure why not".

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

Thomas Jefferson
Street_Legal
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That all being said I've:

A) asked for 14 to be closed as it's only fair as it's a crap arena for way over 6 years now

B) We all don't know yet, from ToGS, whether Street is really Street or One-Eyed Jack so.............

Street/One-Eyed-Jack is declaring in as................. a Delarqan!

Perhaps Street is dead perhaps not?!?!? We'll have to wait until me and Apex win the next ToGS to find out!Shocked

Death to all Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil

Thomas Jefferson
LHI
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Jungle One Eyed Street Jack Legal.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a reminder... The Regional Contest is seperate from the Alliance piece so you can compete in BOTH. You can be both a Member of the Delarq Region and the CDC alliance (for example) and be eligible to win both contests.

For those wishing to enter the Alliance Rumble please post your alliance in the Alliance thread so an abbreviation for your name can be assigned.

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in with my TOGS partner Street. I'm in for the Larq side under the Outsider alliance banner.

3) The usually pointed end of an object; the tip
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum