New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 104523

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Allow ADM warriors to fight the DA
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Darque wrote:
I like the idea too and would be for it as long as it is implemented the way Icelord described--does not affect the throne of any given arena.

That is one reason I hope some undecideds will support it. It does not affect the title/throne. Like I said, RSI could try it for 12 months and then re-evalute.

Weighing in:

The Pros .....
The idea sounds novel and offers some interesting alternatives for certain folk. it will add "something new".

the Cons .....
The reason for the game is to fight warriors, is it not? Do NPCs help or hinder that effort.
It provides a way for opponents not to have to fight ones warrior as the challenge the "DA"

Leaving us ambivalent to the idea, until we get a better feel for the impacts. (But it rates positive on the something new and different scale.)

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Consortium wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Darque wrote:
I like the idea too and would be for it as long as it is implemented the way Icelord described--does not affect the throne of any given arena.

That is one reason I hope some undecideds will support it. It does not affect the title/throne. Like I said, RSI could try it for 12 months and then re-evalute.

Weighing in:

The Pros .....
The idea sounds novel and offers some interesting alternatives for certain folk. it will add "something new".

the Cons .....
The reason for the game is to fight warriors, is it not? Do NPCs help or hinder that effort.
It provides a way for opponents not to have to fight ones warrior as the challenge the "DA"

Leaving us ambivalent to the idea, until we get a better feel for the impacts. (But it rates positive on the something new and different scale.)

One reason for the game is to "have fun." This might be a way to get more fun out of your gaming $$$ for some managers.
Also, going into ADM with that new Lord Protector who has 30 FE to promptly get matched up turn after turn with guys who have at least 20 more FE is not fun.
Since it would not be forced on anyone, it would be up to the individual manager to decide if fighting a "NPC" would hinder or help realize his goals in the game.
A 12 month trial could be tried. Look at the state of ADM: BORING!

IMO this might generate some interest.

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
Hammer_Minister_of_War
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: SomeWhere BeYond the Realm of ElseWhere and ElseWhen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
The Consortium wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
Darque wrote:

Weighing in:

The Pros .....

the Cons .....

One reason for the game is to "have fun." This might be a way to get more fun out of your gaming $$$ for some managers.
Also, going into ADM with that new Lord Protector who has 30 FE to promptly get matched up turn after turn with guys who have at least 20 more FE is not fun.
Since it would not be forced on anyone, it would be up to the individual manager to decide if fighting a "NPC" would hinder or help realize his goals in the game.
A 12 month trial could be tried. Look at the state of ADM: BORING!

IMO this might generate some interest.

VALID THOUGHTS FROM ALL

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am curious if someone(s) are ballot stuffing on this particular topic. It has been up for days now, and I haven't been able to vote YET.

Darque Knights -- 10, 20
Darque Forces -- 45, 47
Darque Ages -- 81
Sorcerer Kings -- 83
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darque wrote:
I am curious if someone(s) are ballot stuffing on this particular topic. It has been up for days now, and I haven't been able to vote YET.

I have not been able to vote since this "poll" was created. It seems to be worthless if you can't access it or if someone is controlling it.

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
blackstorm
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got one in!!! FOR!! Laughing

Champions of Rune, Eternal Souls--31
Black Storm--47
Chaos Knights--52
Eye of the Storm--54,104
Eve of Destruction--83
Dark Enclave--81 and more....
StormFront
Unchartered Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you having trouble voting...are you trying to click the results area on the main page, or are you actaully going to the "Surveys" link provided in the menu at the left side of your page?

I was able to vote via the Surveys link.

Good luck to all if this happens!

SF

ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

Location: on the golf course, in the garden, reading, traveling, and now Consulting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

StormFront wrote:
For those of you having trouble voting...are you trying to click the results area on the main page, or are you actaully going to the "Surveys" link provided in the menu at the left side of your page?

SF

We have no trouble voting through the survey link.

The Consortium: Crapmaster 2013, Crapgiver 2014; 1213 ADM graduates (40+ manager IDs) including 176K+ fights and 118K+ wins plus 4 teams with 1500+ wins (Animal Farm DM11 @2085; Bulldogs DM11 @ 1976; Lenpros DM30 @ 1792; Fandils DM46 @1727
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

StormFront wrote:

SF

Surveys link does work! Thanks!

The Consortium
ArchMaster Poster
ArchMaster Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
StormFront wrote:

SF

Surveys link does work! Thanks!

Good to see the voting.
We guess some did not understand the link methodology.
Good luck with your results.

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
Nomad wrote:
I don't fight in Primus and am just curious....why? Are you bored with fighting traditional opponents? The change doesn't matter to me at all at the moment, I'm just curious. What's to gain?

I think it would make the game more interesting. You have a chance to either live or die. (yes you come back the next turn but you get no skills/raises so you are risking something.)
Also, fighting the traditional opponents gets stale when you first move in and your fighting warriors who have 50+ FE advantage over you, no shot to win. With the DA monsters, it will be unknown for sometime who is what and what your chances against them are.
I also think it might stimulate some conversations and some curious managers to see how they stack up against this new unknown challenge. Primus is boring. Most ADM arenas are quiet. No chatter. No personal ads. No spotlights. No rivalries. This is new and might help energize a few managers. I know I would run more warriors for sure.
Some managers might decide they want to get the all time kill record in ADM. That might be a goal worth pursuing. Some might say "so what, it came against the DA" but there have been other changes in the game.

I just think it would breath some life in the ADM game that has largely gone stale unless your really into the tournaments. Just a suggestion and one that I don't think would be too hard to implement.

I would even be open to RSI saying "we will implement this new change for 12 months." Then they could reevaluate if the change should be permanent or go back to the way it was.

Again I am looking at lower end that would NOT effect the title.
I doubt it will happend but I think it might spark some interest.

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is an all-arena ad I'm waiting to get posted:

The Council of Lords wold like to propose a rule change in ADM and Primus. We propose that Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena. This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. We believe it might spark some interest in the ADM/Primus realm for some managers. If interested speak up in the newsletters or on forums under the "rules changes" thread and let RSI know. This could even be something to try for 12 months and then be re-evaluated. What say you, managers of Ghea? - The Icelord sends...

KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
This is an all-arena ad I'm waiting to get posted:

The Council of Lords wold like to propose a rule change in ADM and Primus. We propose that Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena. This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. We believe it might spark some interest in the ADM/Primus realm for some managers. If interested speak up in the newsletters or on forums under the "rules changes" thread and let RSI know. This could even be something to try for 12 months and then be re-evaluated. What say you, managers of Ghea? - The Icelord sends...

Since we all know the survey section is "scientific" and "iron-clad" it looks like the masses want this change! Wink

Still hopeful this will get a serious look...

Baphomet
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've added my vote (even though it will be YEARS before I get to Primus) to allow this.

No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. -- Ronald Reagan
Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like it. Sort of like Gateway. Hopefully the Dark Arena matchups won't be quite as tough as Gateway. Those creatures were very nasty.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic