Duel2.Com  
•   Home  •  Rules  •  Your Account  •  Forums  • Newsletters  •
Navigate
· Home
· Content
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Members List
· Newsletters
· Old Newsletters
· Private Messages
· Setup
· Tourneys
· Your Account
User Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Lugal
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 19793

People Online:
Visitors:
Members:
Total: 0
Duel2.Com: Forums

Duel2 :: View topic - Allow ADM warriors to fight the DA
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Posts: 421
Location: Polaris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caesar wrote:
I like it. Sort of like Gateway. Hopefully the Dark Arena matchups won't be quite as tough as Gateway. Those creatures were very nasty.


I agree. Make it so both sides have a fighting chance. It would make things interesting.

_________________
Raoul the Rude
"Harbinger of Woe"
The Council of Lords

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
View user's profileSend private message
Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jul 19, 2006
Posts: 197
Location: Caesar's Pool Hall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this idea flys. I really enjoyed the Gateway monsters back in the day... However, they were VERY difficult to beat. The ADM monsters would have to be ratched down a few notches.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: May 25, 2003
Posts: 775
Location: Castle Stormwatch on Polaris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caesar wrote:
I hope this idea flys. I really enjoyed the Gateway monsters back in the day... However, they were VERY difficult to beat. The ADM monsters would have to be ratched down a few notches.


I am still hopeful but have heard nothing. Perhaps if managers shot an email to RSI it would get the wheels turning?

_________________
The Icelord
1st Mage
The Council of Lords

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
View user's profileSend private message
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: May 25, 2003
Posts: 775
Location: Castle Stormwatch on Polaris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
I brought this up on a different thread, but thought I would throw this out here: I propose a rules change in ADM/Primus:

Allow Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) to be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena.
This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. I think it might generate some interest in ADM.

I would like to see it happen.


I wanted to bring this up again. Embarassed

A few told me they would sign on any "petition" on this topic if I sent it to RSI.

So, if you would be interested in adding your name to an email I will send to RSI, probably in 30 days, let me know here or by PM.

thanks,

_________________
The Icelord
1st Mage
The Council of Lords

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
View user's profileSend private message
theDarkOne
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 03, 2003
Posts: 428
Location: The Dark Citadel, CT, USA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in.
View user's profileSend private message
mrmojo
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Posts: 118
Location: Milwaukee, WI

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds cool
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Brew
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Mar 16, 2003
Posts: 34
Location: Calgary, Alberta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I will sign the petition.

Brewmaster
View user's profileSend private message
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: May 25, 2003
Posts: 775
Location: Castle Stormwatch on Polaris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright! Good to see some interest being generated!

_________________
The Icelord
1st Mage
The Council of Lords

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
View user's profileSend private message
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Posts: 421
Location: Polaris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KnightHospitaller wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
I brought this up on a different thread, but thought I would throw this out here: I propose a rules change in ADM/Primus:

Allow Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) to be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena.
This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. I think it might generate some interest in ADM.

I would like to see it happen.


I wanted to bring this up again. Embarassed

A few told me they would sign on any "petition" on this topic if I sent it to RSI.

So, if you would be interested in adding your name to an email I will send to RSI, probably in 30 days, let me know here or by PM.

thanks,


Sign me up.

High Lord Bosk says the same!

_________________
Raoul the Rude
"Harbinger of Woe"
The Council of Lords

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
View user's profileSend private message
RTR
Advanced Master Poster
Advanced Master Poster


Joined: Aug 06, 2005
Posts: 421
Location: Polaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RTR wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
KnightHospitaller wrote:
I brought this up on a different thread, but thought I would throw this out here: I propose a rules change in ADM/Primus:

Allow Lord Protectors ranked "Grand Champions" and below (ADM) and "The Tower Guard" and below (Primus) to be allowed to fight in the Dark Arena.
This would not impact the top rankings or title match. Any manager who never got his fill or shot at fighting Gateway monsters would have it as an option. I think it might generate some interest in ADM.

I would like to see it happen.


I wanted to bring this up again. Embarassed

A few told me they would sign on any "petition" on this topic if I sent it to RSI.

So, if you would be interested in adding your name to an email I will send to RSI, probably in 30 days, let me know here or by PM.

thanks,


Sign me up.

High Lord Bosk says the same!


Any idea if this will ever happen????????

_________________
Raoul the Rude
"Harbinger of Woe"
The Council of Lords

"When you cross me, you cross my entire heritage. And my ancestors were unstoppable tyrants of the City of Brass."
View user's profileSend private message
Scorpion
Unchartered Poster


Joined: Jul 14, 2006
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IT GOES INTO EFFECT 1 FEBRUARY.
View user's profileSend private message
Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jul 19, 2006
Posts: 197
Location: Caesar's Pool Hall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is good news. My Old Men of Arvat will use this feature to avoid the rough and tumble world of the Primus Top 50... BTW: It is great to be back again. Hopefully, late turns and late postings of newsletters won't drive me back into retirement again...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
KnightHospitaller
Grandmaster Poster
Grandmaster Poster


Joined: May 25, 2003
Posts: 775
Location: Castle Stormwatch on Polaris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scorpion wrote:
IT GOES INTO EFFECT 1 FEBRUARY.


I think this is wishful thinking. I have heard nothing but "it won't happen."

_________________
The Icelord
1st Mage
The Council of Lords

Knight Protector of Chimlevtal

"I ran Mannequin out of Chimlevtal & Crysalis"

"...Wicked Hospitallers, each full of zeal and without weakness." - Imad-ad-Din, Moslem Chronicler
View user's profileSend private message
Caesar
Advanced Expert Poster
Advanced Expert Poster


Joined: Jul 19, 2006
Posts: 197
Location: Caesar's Pool Hall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone heard any news regarding this subject? I think it is a great idea and I would cetainly send my Primus guys off to the DA rather than face this ridiculous AB issue... Another area in serious need of correction. I would just hope that the DA opponents are not quite as nasty as the Kaikwok Gateway beasts...
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
Chief
Master Poster
Master Poster


Joined: Apr 15, 2003
Posts: 271

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I personally think it is a horrible idea - allows managers/warriors to 'hide out' and avoid arena competition while padding their win and kill totals.

It was nice for Gateway. Should not be implemented in Primus IMO.

_________________
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late;
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his fathers
And the temples of his gods?
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB 2.0.10 © 2001 phpBB Group

Version 2.0.6 of PHP-Nuke Port by Tom Nitzschner © 2002 www.toms-home.com
Forums ©
:: fisubsilver shadow phpbb2 style by Daz :: PHP-Nuke theme by coldblooded (www.nukemods.com) ::